By Hammerhead
My wife and myself loved the rugby this year and we are looking forward to next season immensely. The World Cup is obviously going to have an impact on how next season pans out. Does anybody have any information about the format of the fixtures, when they’ll be published, when the Champions Cup games will be, will there still be league games during the Home Internationals etc.? My job involves working weekends and we like to have at least one good away trip each year so forward planning is vital for us.
By IrishShark
Fixtures for the season ahead will start coming out in the next few months
By Tribesman
The Champions Cup draw is just around the corner, on June 19th. I don’t know when fixture dates will be announced, but it might give you a few destinations to think about.
By snaderson
Euro fixtures will be out around mid August. I believe the Prem season will be delayed until mid/late October and wondered whether they'd fill in the gap with a cup comp (can't remember what happened last time but the offy doesn't show any matches before 17th Oct back in 2015).
By Yareet
snaderson wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:23 am
Euro fixtures will be out around mid August. I believe the Prem season will be delayed until mid/late October and wondered whether they'd fill in the gap with a cup comp (can't remember what happened last time but the offy doesn't show any matches before 17th Oct back in 2015).
The Prem Rugby Cup is on during the World Cup and then the Prem starts the weekend of the World Cup quarter finals (ie after the group stages are complete).
By MattM
As stated above, the Prem, fixxtures are released at 11am on Weds 10th July.
The Prem Cup will kick off mid September and fill the first few game weeks with the league starting mid October.
By Flumpty
Is it the 2019/2020 season that's going to run into the middle of June ?
By Tribesman
Yeah, the final’s on the 20th of June as opposed to the 1st this year.
By StalyShark
Seeing as RugbyPass’ Alex Shaw is doing “depth charts” of RWC teams I’m sad enough to compile a Sale one during the RWC:

LH: Harrison, Oosthiuzen (if he can still play 1), Pope, Rodd - Unavailable: Morozov
HK: Webber, van der Merve, Langdon, Dolly, Ashman
TH: John, Cooper-Woolley, Jones, Ford, Harper
LK: Beaumont, Evans, Phillips, Postlethwaite, Nott , Birch - Unavailable: de Jager
BF: Ross, Nield, J-L du Preez, Dugdale
OF: B. Curry, Leatherbarrow - Unavailable: T Curry
N8: D du Preez, Moore
SH: Cliff, Warr, Sturgess, Quirke - Unavailable: Faf
FH: R du Preez, Wilkinson (injured), Curtis - Unavailable: AJ
IC: RJVR, L James, Redpath (banned)
OC: S James, Doherty
W: Ashton, Solomona, Yarde, Reed (injured), Roebuck - Unavailable: McGuigan
FB: Hammersley, N Pope

Necessities:
Oosthiuzen to play LH as our other options are untested
Ben Curry to stay fit ditto above
Cliff to make the most of quick ball
Rohan to stay fit
Both Hammersley and Ashton to be available.

If two or more of the above don’t occur we are needing the cavalry ASAP.
Last edited by StalyShark on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Van Cannonball
Nice summary.

Based on prior history, if Shrek is not available then Harrison will play 80 mins...Morozov will be back early as Russia will not progress.

If Ben Curry isn’t available then I would see us going ultra heavy in the back row - Eg JLdP, Ross, DdP, rather than throw in dugdale etc.

We do appear light at centre with JoC leaving, and over stacked on the wing. If no one is coming in, I wonder if we might see Denny at OC if missing Rohan or Sam J? I’d prefer to keep him on the wing though.
By H's D
....should the table not therefore indicate that..?
Strauss should also be removed.... all for consistency and accuracy...
Which also means Beaumont may well be providing cover at 8 during the WC.
By StalyShark
H's D wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:43 am
I do think that given our relative depth in the row Beaumont may play a bit at 8 but that depends upon when the twins join and how well Moore shapes up.
By Van Cannonball
H's D wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:43 am
Not my table, but the originator does state it’s during the World Cup, and there’s a question mark by Strauss as unknown about World Cup status.

If it were outside of the World Cup then my Ben Curry comment would make no sense as Tom would be in the equation too.
By StalyShark
Premiership Cup prophecy (injuries permitting):

Bench rotation:
Starting front row to play 40.
Harrison
Langdon/Webber
Jones/John
Beaumont/Phillips
Ross/B Curry
Warr
S James/ RJVR
Solomona/Ashton
Attachments
3FEEC1D2-81CE-4ABF-B2D8-2A9A257143EB.jpeg
3FEEC1D2-81CE-4ABF-B2D8-2A9A257143EB.jpeg (132.91 KiB) Viewed 9954 times
By H's D
"Not my table, but the originator does state it’s during the World Cup, and there’s a question mark by Strauss as unknown about World Cup status."
IMHO that is incorrect. Strauss is no longer a Sale player. His status for the world cup is known, he's in the Scotland 42 man world cup squad. He joins Bulls after the world cup if he retains his place in the final squad, before if not; that was clarified last week-end when he signed for them.
No one is absolutely certain what the final squads are for any country yet. They should all have question marks really.....following that logic.
I am pretty sure that the question mark referred to his continuing status as a Sale player: there have been rumours of him going for several weeks.
Staly has, of course, updated it now as I suggested. If Mark Wilson counts as a Sale player in the announced England Squad, Strauss is a Blue Bull. Mark is technically only on loan! He may well be dual registered.
By Monty9
Some might even argue that our 1st and 2nd choice in that article would be the best in the league! Exciting times
By StalyShark
Interesting that Emi Calle, the Sale FC and Spain fly half has been included in the Promo shots for this season’s kit. 2nd choice 10 whilst AJ is away and Wilkinson is injured?
Attachments
3DAFFB65-C470-433F-9124-DDCCDE14F357.jpeg
3DAFFB65-C470-433F-9124-DDCCDE14F357.jpeg (114.55 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
Quins game

It looks like our injury woes are viewed as an opp[…]

Blanket

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]