As ever, the final game of the season is the Eng vs BaaBaas game at HQ.

It's a really enjoyable day out with lots of trys, offloads, outrageous skills on display and a healthy dollop of fun (American Football line up for a penalty etc).
For Ben Curry, his birthdays and Christmas's all came together at the same time on the 73 minute mark. A looooonnnnnnngggggg , slllllllloooooooowwwwww pass is sent out towards Charles Piutau. BC gets the telegram letting home know that CP is going to be getting the ball deep in the danger zone, with no support anywhere around him. BC fires up the V8, puts phasers on maximum stun, sees the target roundel on CP and puts the hammer down. Within moments he's at full tillt, just as telegraphed pass arrived in the clutches of a completely defenceless CP.

Booooooooooooommmmmmmmmm goes the imapct.
Backwards at a huge rate of knots goes CP.
Loose goes the ball.
Thank you very much indeedy goes Alex Dombrandt for his second try.

Happy days are rounded off a few minutes later with the worst ever conversion attempt in rugby history, as James Horwills teammates encourage the Twickenham crowd to make as much noise as possible.

And now the season is over ..................
Last edited by Flumpty on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marler sounded quite nostalgic. But we also need to move into the 21st Century.
Personally I would love to see both the Barbarians and Englands fixtures doubled up regularly to showcase both the male and female versions of the game....
Two excellent games for the price of one..... :clap:
Any particular reason this couldn't spread into the 6N?
H's D wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:33 pm
Marler sounded quite nostalgic. But we also need to move into the 21st Century.
Personally I would love to see both the Barbarians and Englands fixtures doubled up regularly to showcase both the male and female versions of the game....
Now there's a good question.
One of the nice things about the BaaBaas crowd on Sunday was the number of girls and women in the crowd, with a goodly number wearing kit that identified them with their club (grassroots, rather than Premiership) which suggests they were players/actively involved with their clubs.
By my completely unscientific reckoning, there appeared to be a lot more female spectators than in the corresponding previous fixtures, which has to be a good thing for the future of the game.
H's D wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:33 pm

Every time I’ve ever heard the women’s players talk about it they seem genuinely torn.

On the one hand, there is the honour of playing at Twickenham and the potential for increase exposure but given that 10000-15000 can be a big crowd, they often prefer to play at (and fill) club grounds. It also allows them to play around the country rather than being London-centric.

I’d guess it could be possible to play at the Stoop (as they have before) and to include the women’s game ticket for the men’s game.
I expect 17000 was the figure for tickets sold or actually numbers through the gate when that fixture kicked off. Far more appeared to be watching by the end judging by the tv coverage.
"Potential" for increased exposure defies the current reality; there was indeed massive exposure.
I can see that exposure rising exponentially as "free to air" sport coverage is losing out so much more to Sky etc. It's a perfect fit.
I can see the day coming very soon when the female game will sell out large stadiums. It has progressed that much.
Did you know womens football used to be almost as popular as mens in the early 1920's? One or two games with huge crowds, comparable with those of today for mens. Then the FA banned it!
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]