By SSR
As probably most of you, I got my advertising email about next years season tickets.
I am in a bit of a quandry.
I usually buy 2 season tickets for my son and myself in the East Stand.
This year I have missed most of the Friday night games due to work committments and
family committments.
The current missive gives a link to a Q&A section that restates the intent to maximise
the Friday night games ( unless I misread the intent ).
I am not prepared to pay out for 2 tickets and miss matches.
I have two choices, get season tickets for the North South standing terraces or pay on the day.
I save some money on the stand tickets but still miss matches and may not be able to stand
for the full match due to age and back problems.
I could just pay on the day, but I don't know if this is viable or if I actually pay much the
same.
Any experiences would be appreciated.
Not had a season ticket for many years (the travel is a killer). But when I did, I would also often have work clashes. I basically worked out how many games I was likely to miss, as best I could, if that meant that I was paying way over the odds for the season ticket (we also had 2) for the amount of games I could attend then I wouldn't do it. I didn't mind the possibility of paying a little more as I viewed it as supporting the club, times were less austere and I could comfortably afford it. I gave the tickets to friends when I couldn't attend. Four of those friends became season ticket holders in later years, win-win. There will be very few occasions when it is difficult to pick up an individual ticket or two for matchdays.
SSR liked this
By Maccshark
As with Poynters not had a season tkt for a few year. Probably attending 6 home games a season on average. Buy tickets for South stand from a month in advance up to last minute and never had an issue.
Tbh watching my local team, Macc, more often as prefer attacking rugby and less kick chase.
SSR liked this
By Flumpty
My son and I pay as we go on a match by match basis and I've never had an issues getting standing tickets - although getting them for the playoff semi-final took more work.

I can't say what ticket availability for seating is like, but to my un trained eye, there always seems to be availability.
SSR liked this
By SSR
Thank you gents. Son and I have decided to go ticket commando.
Just requested cancellation of my Season Ticket DD. Pick and choose next season.
See you all there!
By Flumpty
SSR wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:52 pm
Thank you gents. Son and I have decided to go ticket commando.
Just requested cancellation of my Season Ticket DD. Pick and choose next season.
See you all there!
If you do go the standing route, there is always the option of changing ends at halftime, which may help the back problems.
SSR liked this
By dinogyro
SSR wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:58 pm
If you do go the standing route, there is always the option of changing ends at halftime
What the hell goes on in the South stand during matches?
You don't want to know.
By Flumpty
SSR wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:58 pm
If you do go the standing route, there is always the option of changing ends at halftime
What the hell goes on in the South stand during matches?
What happens in the South Stand, stays in the South Stand (unless you choose to move ends :mrgreen: )
Oh Danny Boy liked this

Cliff

Falcons

Not sure the citing comission can get involved - y[…]

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]