By 45jumper
Agreed on all counts, he's been badly underused.
Really, really pleased he's signed up for more, I think he has huge promise.
Hopefully Axe has realised that RDP isn't legally obliged to be named in every starting lineup so Curtis gets more gametime.
By SSR
I am surprised but it does indicate that MAYBE George Ford may be moving into coaching
sooner rather than later. I have been wondering if he is carrying an injury that is not
going away. Whatever, I am on the play Curtis more side of the coin.
Good news.
By Evo
That is really exciting news......with the home grown 9's and Curtis/Wardle we potentially have a real home grown spine at 9/10.....add in the recent announcements at 11/14/15 and RMW at 12/13 we could add in some star dust and the future is very positive. Excellent!
By ageinghoody
I've not so much been wondering if GF has been carrying a new injury as whether there is some residual permanent effect from the old one.

Not comparing myself with him of course, but I broke my left ankle something over eight years ago. I noticed a couple of years after that my left foot now points outwards slightly more than my right. More recently I've realised that I now wear down my left shoe heels faster when it always used to be my right.

What I'm getting at is, if an apparently fully healed joint is now slightly differently aligned, how much of an issue might this be?

I don't think anyone's suggested there's been any deterioration in GF's handling, or his tactical nous, but his kicking is clearly not as consistent as it was pre the major injury.
By poyntonshark
Well I'm with the surprised group, I've been expecting him to head away for some time. Hopefully, this suggests that the club manage the expectations of our youngsters well.
RinTin liked this
By DavenportSharky
I guess there are 9 fewer fly half posts since the 3 clubs went to the wall. Offered a reasonably long contract so some job security. Manchester lad with probably loads of personal reasons to prefer to be here. Ford may well look to coaching. I can see why he stayed.
Bucks1861 liked this
By RinTin
Without being harsh, i doubt he was able to find the offers he wanted elsewhere. This is assuming of course he even wanted to leave. Kieran Wilkinson at Leicester is a cautionary tale in that regard with 5 games all season and only one sub appearance this year.

I keep forgetting he is still only 22. Frustrating having to bide his time, but it will come.
Never ending word association thread

Keith

Falcons

Not on TNT??? I think it's PRTV only

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]