By SSR
Now we have got that bit of nonsense out of the way, back to business.
Will we have our International contigent ( men and boys ) back for Bath ?
Anyone bold enough to predict a team ?
By SSR
If we have got access to the Internationals, then full bore .

Sale Sharks Starting XV:  
15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Manu, 12. Sam Bedlow, 11. Arron Reed, 10. George Ford, 9. Raffi Quirke, 1. Bevan Rodd, 2.Luke Cowan-Dickie , 3. Si McInyre, 4. Cobus Wiese, 5. Ben Bamber, 6. Ernst van Rhyn, 7. Ben Curry, 8. JL du Preez.  

Unless too soon for Sam Bedlow and Ben Curry?
By Olyy
Not sure what the deal is with EPS rest periods - I know they did move to X weeks in the next Y months for a while, instead of the usual X weeks post tournament, but not sure if that's still the case
Asher has played a lot of rugby the last few weeks as well, not sure if u20s has stand down periods?

Either way i think we will have Manu but won't have George
Don't think we'll have Bedlow - not sure about Ben, the reports were "a few weeks" initially, really hope he's fit - hopefully Axe does a media session this week and has updates

My guess (if LCD is out - not sure what his status is, and BC/GF are both missing)

McIntyre, Creevy, Schonert (Harper)
Wiese, Beaumont
EvR, Dugdale, JLdP
Warr, RdP
Reed, Manu, S.James, Roebuck,
Carpenter

Taylor, Rodd, Harper (Asher), Bamber, Neild, Quirke, Curtis, O'Flaherty
Oh Danny Boy liked this
By Surbiton_Shark
Was thinking about this game a few hours ago...mainly as I need to book a car parking space.

I went last year and going again on Sunday - mainly to see a friend, like others I'm quite disillusioned by Sale this season - my one match to see Sale this season was Quins...away.

Anyhow -looking back to last season......we had a red card within about 10 mins, went down to 13 men for..I think 20 mins....Luke James limped off from fullback and sadly hasn't featured since.....somehow we won......and got 4 points. A supreme team effort in defense and some lovely touches in attack with Sam, Simon Mc, ToF and Rob DP all featuring - an absolute bulldozing run by Akker - the Curry twins were immense - Tom came on late and Jono was also very handy - think he was a sub that day

We were quite fortunate that our forwards outmatched Bath, Spencer who had been playing well limped off and despite having numbers they proceeded to mainly kick back any possession

For this Sunday.....If Russell/Spencer are playing they won't just be booting it back to us and overall they are fairly transformed.

I really hope we've got some of our big players back and try and attack a bit rather than territory above all else relying on mistakes under box kicks from the oppo.

I won't mention the cost of the ticket....
By RinTin
Most recent socials post suggests Manu, Reed, Roebuck, LCD and Ben Curry are all available for Bath. Nothing about Ford but that was expected. I'm thinking the following:

Starting XV - 15. Carps 14. Roebuck 13. SJ 12. Manu 11. Reed 10. RDP 9. Gus
8. JLDP 7. B Curry 6. Ernst 5. Wiese 4. Bamber 3. Schonert 2. LCD 1. Big Bad Bev

Bench: 16. Creevy 17.Ross 18. Asher/ Harper 19. Beaumont 20. Dugdale 21. Raffi 22.Curtis/Bedlow 23. Flats
By Olyy
Ben being available would be a monumental boost, we're night and day with/without a Curry in the backrow
By Yareet
RinTin wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:23 am
Most recent socials post suggests Manu, Reed, Roebuck, LCD and Ben Curry are all available for Bath. Nothing about Ford but that was expected. I'm thinking the following:

8. JLDP 7. B Curry 6. Ernst 5. Wiese 4. Bamber 3. Schonert 2. LCD 1. Big Bad Bev

Bench: 16. Creevy 17.Ross 18. Asher/ Harper 19. Beaumont 20. Dugdale 21. Raffi 22.Curtis/Bedlow 23. Flats
Shouldn't they be available for us? :mrgreen:
Olyy, RinTin, Which Tyler liked this
By FarnhamShark
No mention of our new SA lock - it will be interesting to see if he gets into the 23, or if he's simply regarded as a lock of last resort.
By Olyy
I wonder if Cobus and/or JL's prognosis were initially much worse than they turned out to be?
If one, or both, or those were out then it makes sense to bring in another lock, but with both back now?
By RinTin
Yareet wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:49 am
RinTin wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:23 am

Shouldn't they be available for us? :mrgreen:
Well played sir.
By Surbiton_Shark
Nice team - would prob start Josh B and have Bamber on the t'bench

Having a Curry (the player....) on the pitch, as others mentioned, would be a huge boost
By RinTin
Cole and Chessum both back for Leicester tomorrow in the starting team. Guess there is no stand down requirement post 6 nations.

Understandable if Ford isn't playing for us though given his wife gave birth this week.
Falcons

Not sure the citing comission can get involved - y[…]

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]

Tom Curry OMG

I just hope he takes his time and is patient. Jus[…]