By PappjeShark
Olyy wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:16 pm
RinTin wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:17 pm
eBike wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:47 am
A very encouraging result ahead of a "challenging" away euro-match against the Ospreys. Ospreys are showing some decent form but aren't tearing up trees. The fact that the match will be at Bridgend's Brewery Field could make it a tough day at the office. Cool heads will be required for sure.

Does Axe go full bore or have an eye on the premiership ? We'll soon. Thoughts ?
Play Flats at 15.
Jesus, no thank you

I think there'll be minor rotation but not a lot - few bench players start and vice versa

Biggest question mark atm is when does Ford take his mandated rest?
This week, with RdP at 10 and SJ at 13?
After getting the 5pts yesterday it changes the run in a bit as now there's still hope of making the playoffs so need to go full force every game unless it's mathematically impossible
Ford will be rested this weekend. In the presser report from Kieran Crichard, he quoted Axe as saying that he had to be rested last weekend or this one and we’d know which when we saw the Exeter lineup.
Olyy liked this
By poyntonshark
Much more like it. Exeter were surprisingly error-prone and largely toothless, but let's give ourselves some credit for that, Jammie Langley has obviously been putting his considerable guns to good use this week, beating the defensive mantra back into the guys. Even more unusually we largely got the rub of the green from the ref. Let's be honest 9 times out of 10 Manu is getting yellow for that knockdown. That said I don't think the Hodge decision was as bad as many seem to think. He did go with both hands, which is often used as the major mitigating factor, but the fact is he only just got a finger tip to it, he didn't have a realistic chance of making a catch. I too was torn over MOM Curry was superb but difficult not to give it to a Hat-Trick scorer, but that fumble after precision kicking from JB was a massive minus. We need to perform at least that well in all remaining league games.
Buelligansmate wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:58 pm
The ball was blown off the tee just as he was about to kick it
Did you get confirmation of that? I replayed it a couple of times and the ball seemed to lean more forward pretty much at point of impact, but I only had full-speed long-shot views.
By Buelligansmate
Saw it live from just in front of us. Everyone around said the same thing. Trying to picture it again now if the ball was still on the tee it was certainly horizontal and not upright as he had set it up
Oh Danny Boy liked this
By Yareet
Buelligansmate wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:06 am
Saw it live from just in front of us. Everyone around said the same thing. Trying to picture it again now if the ball was still on the tee it was certainly horizontal and not upright as he had set it up
Watching on TV that was my opinion live and on replay

Edited: Hopefully this link works. Definitely seems to show the ball falling forward slightly just as Fordy approaches.

https://www.thegreatandthegood.co.uk/pr ... 20miss.mp4
Olyy liked this
By DavenportSharky
Definitely fell forward just as Ford was about to kick from my position at right angle to him. The odd thing was that there were two episodes of the ball falling over and no employment of a player to hold it after the first one.
By Lord Elpus
When it's so near the posts and windy take a drop kick. Ford's prep is so lengthy I bet he gets charged down again.
By Olyy
Looks like Manu's on holiday this week

Wonder if Bedlow's back or we're trusting RMW to start?
By RinTin
Axe has confirmed Van Rhyn out for a month. Ford also not playing this weekend.
By Olyy
RinTin wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:57 pm
Axe has confirmed Van Rhyn out for a month. Ford also not playing this weekend.
Much shorter recovery time than I expected for EvR, tbf, so kinda good news there
By poyntonshark
RinTin wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:23 am
FarnhamShark wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:16 am
The actual quote was 4 to 6 weeks.
So around a month?
Well you are incorporating a 50% margin on that hedge. If you're being picky that is. Just sayin :mrgreen:
By snaderson
Flumpty wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:23 pm
That bloody Sanderson bloke..........................................
Yeah, sorry, this is what happens when I can't make it to a game.
Yonah liked this
By RinTin
Reflecting on this game almost 2 weeks later I am delighted we got the bonus point. Checked the table this morning and Bath are second with 44 points, we are 8th on 37 points. We have the same number of wins, draws and losses as each other (and every team between us and Bath), yet our lack of ability to claim bonus points is what has cost us. Sarries at Christmas still frustrates me.

Many would argue Bath are having a fantastic season, yet they have the same number of wins as an under performing, injury riddled, inconsistent Sale team.
Never ending word association thread

William https://youtu.be/QzGStiundx4?si=oSQkuW8JuS[…]

Sarries game

Massively tempting to put TC back in if fit. Head […]

Team S'Up for't Tigers

Which will be the reason we don't qualify, not the[…]

PIERS O'CONOR - BEARS TRIBUTE

He may be Connacht-bound, but he'll always be a Br[…]