By Lord Elpus
Just too many errors. RdP wasted what good ball we had. DdP too quiet when he should have stepped up. lineout throwing poor - is Langdon doing 'owt at the moment?
By Sumisu
Well done to our lads! Not the win we would have wanted, but for a team of limited game time together I think they did great. Proud sale fan right here, and way to be loyal to your word Mr Sanderson, respect!
By StalyShark
DavenportSharky wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:27 pm
Thought Nye did well. R M-W seems anonymous at this level. Docherty should have been on for him. At least no obvious injuries.
Thought the same; Raffi was not at the level befitting a capped England player.

May be blasphemous but do we allow the dP brothers to move on? Are we getting our money’s worth?
By LJK
No, not a lot to get enthused about....RDP poor, Sam trying too hard on his penalty kick to touch, Creevy missing throws, early engaged scrums etc etc.
Having said all that some stood out ....Nye Thomas is looking sharp like Raffi did a couple of seasons back. For a smaller player he can power through a tackle, and is quick from the base. Bamber also looking ever stronger and presumably learning all the time too. TOF and of course Reed did well too. Badly missing Carpenter's solidity at the back.
RinTin liked this
By RinTin
StalyShark wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:29 pm
DavenportSharky wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:27 pm
Thought Nye did well. R M-W seems anonymous at this level. Docherty should have been on for him. At least no obvious injuries.
May be blasphemous but do we allow the dP brothers to move on? Are we getting our money’s worth?
One game and that’s it in your mind? Rob is up and down yes, but JL and Dan are key cogs in our pack when fit. Dan has suffered with injury recently, but I can’t note any game he has played for us where he has been poor.

No one played particularly well tonight despite some good efforts. The same way that we shouldn’t get carried away about the win over chiefs, we shouldn’t get carried away due to this.

Week off then a must win over a (most likely bruised and beaten by Bordeaux) Quins team. I personally don’t want to dwell over tonight any longer.
Olyy, Oh Danny Boy liked this
By Sumisu
Seriously? The reason we lost was because the team as a whole didn't gel, because the team put out does not play consistently together week in week out, you can't attack or praise somebody's performance individually under those conditions. AND The DP brothers are legends through and through, and no bad day at the office can change that. We had many players on the pitch that don't usually get the opportunity to play consistently, and even when defeat was imminent they would fight to the final whistle. :clap: Sanderson said from the beginning that he hated "warehousing" players and just wanted all his lads to get the joy of playing these high profile games, and I applaud it... We are a club cut from a different cloth and I am truly proud of my club, and all the players! :joy:
By eBike
Oh well, we sent a weak team to protect our Premiership run in and got what we deserved because of basic errors and a lack of cohesion. Collectively we were poor and lost. We move on focussed on the final Premiership matches.

Credit where it's due, the Osprey back row took us to pieces. Morris was physically impressive, Tips was whip smart and Deeves was rightly MoM. The better team won, it happens.
By poyntonshark
Pitch like a cow field we used play on away at Cleckheaton, awful officiating (When TMO asked to get involved got it right), awful S4C camera work, utterly awful Sale performance. That ranks up there with the day that Dimes accused the whole team of not trying at Glaws. Not that we weren't trying, but we were shite.

Two positives I think, Reeds try and Nye looked lively.

I suggested a little while back that Raffi would need a few weeks before ready to start, whilst I fully understand giving Warr a rest, this game proved that he wasn't ready. To measure how bad Sale were consider that Ben Curry looked like a mere mortal.
eBike, Oh Danny Boy liked this
By HR1861
Really poor performance and we got what we deserved. Ospreys didn’t have to do much to beat us.
Personally, I think the side chosen was disrespectful to the fans. We had a chance of winning this tournament, so why make so many changes from last week?
I fear the season petering out already, as let’s be honest, little chance of making the play offs.
Oh Danny Boy liked this
By RinTin
HR1861 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:28 am
Really poor performance and we got what we deserved. Ospreys didn’t have to do much to beat us.
Personally, I think the side chosen was disrespectful to the fans. We had a chance of winning this tournament, so why make so many changes from last week?
I fear the season petering out already, as let’s be honest, little chance of making the play offs.
Given our lack of squad depth it comes down to premiership vs challenge cup. We still have a shot of making top 4. We also still have a shot at making the champions cup next season. It has to be the focus.

I can understand why it may seem disrespectful, but rotation is part of rugby and we just don’t have great depth currently.

As badly as we played last night we weren’t actually that far from getting the win all things considered.
By poyntonshark
If we have to go to Sarries in last game of the season needing to get something from the game to make the playoffs, then we want all uninjured players in the best shape possible. In that scenario, then this selection would have been the right thing to do. If we go and lose at Newcastle because confidence is low, then the coaching staff will require tin helmets.
By Evo
at the game last night....proper old school rugby ground; such a shame the elements worked against the efforts of the Ospreys marketing team. Wet, windy and an evening kick off meant it played out exactly as expected....
IMO Sale played controlled and pragmatic rugby first half and should have been leading....poor control and decision making at half back meant we didn't go into the sheds ahead.
Second half was so disappointing and frustrating...in a bizarre way it was made for Sam James to play 10.....he is so much our most composed (ex gf) back. We gave the game to the Ospreys, they didn't win it.....FWIW I thought Thomas made an impact; we need a new back up 15; not really sure why Andrews was signed; Like Bamber's attitude; Ben and Sam struggled versus the Ospreys back 3.
Brewery Fields is a great rugby ground and Bridgend is an interesting night out1
By Olyy
Frustrating that Axe hasn't given an update on Luke James since he was in that match day 23 but then dropped out pre game
Guessing no updates means he's not due back until next season?

Addison started at 15 for Ulster today and bagged a try 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bucks1861 liked this
By SSR
I think I have detected the reason why we lost.
According to the BBC Scores/Fixtures page we finished the match with Taylor at prop,
McIntyre at hooker, Doherty at flyhalf and Bamber playing 4 and 5 at the same time.
Now that is rotation.
RinTin, snaderson, ageinghoody and 1 others liked this
By The Back Row
SSR wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:44 am
According to the BBC Scores/Fixtures page we finished the match with Taylor at prop,
McIntyre at hooker, Doherty at flyhalf and Bamber playing 4 and 5 at the same time.
Now that is rotation.
Sanderson out!

:dizzy:
By dinogyro
SSR wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:44 am
Now that is rotation.
It seems Alex is getting advice from Eddie Jones.

Ernie

Sarries game

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2024/05/[…]

Team S'Up for't Tigers

Which will be the reason we don't qualify, not the[…]

PIERS O'CONOR - BEARS TRIBUTE

He may be Connacht-bound, but he'll always be a Br[…]