By Oh Danny Boy
Thanks for that, after the performance against Exeter, I am still too disappointed to rewatch this game.

For me, you hit the nail on the head with the words "It makes me wish we’d made fewer changes from the team that demolished Exeter."
By Yareet
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:40 pm
Thanks for that, after the performance against Exeter, I am still too disappointed to rewatch this game.

For me, you hit the nail on the head with the words "It makes me wish we’d made fewer changes from the team that demolished Exeter."
I wonder if this is Axe adapting after the first half of the season.

As far as I can recall, this season has been unique with the uninterrupted block of 18 (?) games before the 6N. Our tactic seemed to be to play as close to a 1st XV as possible as often as possible in the league and rest players for Europe.

This stood us in good stead early on (top of the league at Xmas) but we massively fell off a cliff.

Post-6N, there is another potential uninterrupted block of 12 games until the Prem final. If we are hoping to play our big players/combinations in the meaningful games at the business end of the season, when do we rest them?

Yes I agree that we need to get to a European QF/SF to play in it but would we rather see Ford, Manu, etc play v Ospreys away in Bridgend or at home v Quins? I just don't think English clubs can compete on two fronts realistically.

Interesting to note that Quins are in a Champions Cup QF for the first time ever this weekend but are reportedly resting Care and Marler.
Oh Danny Boy liked this
Team S'Up for't Tigers

Crazy that we've had such a disjointed season but […]

Bunny

PIERS O'CONOR - BEARS TRIBUTE

He may be Connacht-bound, but he'll always be a Br[…]

Yes the big announcement jarred with me too and su[…]