By Van Cannonball
Agreed that Hammersly looked very assured and would be nice to feel that we have an element of solidity to the back 3.

However, I still can’t see how we’ll square the circle with the number of players then vying for wing. It’s not like the back row which is majorly attritional and rotation will be fine.

At least one, and possibly two of Yarde, Denny, Ashton and Horse would have very little game time. Seems more likely that we’ll still see Ashton at 15 a fair amount?
By Thekeg
Van Cannonball wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Agreed that Hammersly looked very assured and would be nice to feel that we have an element of solidity to the back 3.

However, I still can’t see how we’ll square the circle with the number of players then vying for wing. It’s not like the back row which is majorly attritional and rotation will be fine.

At least one, and possibly two of Yarde, Denny, Ashton and Horse would have very little game time. Seems more likely that we’ll still see Ashton at 15 a fair amount?
Yes, I’d like to see Ashton Denny and yarde in particular as a combo before coming to any firm conclusions. But hammersley certainly looked good yesterday
By Thekeg
poyntonshark wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:31 am
Did they check grounding for Ashton's first try? The camera is a long way off in those highlights but looks suspiciously like he dropped the ball.
No video ref
By PappjeShark
I was hoping they’d have the game clock on the highlights, to resolve a debate over the timing of the first try.

The prem site gave it as 5’, the offy twitter as 6’ while the stadium clock was stopped ahead of the conversion in the 7th.....
By Buelligansmate
Yes agree that Hammersley looked the business, seemed to have a big boot on him when clearing from the South Stand end.

Looking forward to seeing more of the DuPreez's in action together. Noticed one of them on ground having been tackled and another runs in, claps his hands and the ball is popped up to him. I'll learn their names eventually!
Quins game

It looks like our injury woes are viewed as an opp[…]

Blanket

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]