By Thekeg
We have the best depth in props for a long time. Oosthuizen appears to be able to cover both sides and Rodd looks a great prospect for a 19 year old. Two years in the gym and he looks capable of being a regular first team member who offers something different

Akker gives us another option at hooker, with a totally different style of play to Webber

I still think we look a lock light but the four have done pretty well in Lood’s absence. Think this will be a recruitment priority for next year

The du preez twins looks tremendous and fit in perfectly. Back row depth looks ludicrous, where does Moore fit in to this? He needs a run of games but has hardly got on the pitch.

We look light on carriers without the du preez twins on the pitch, the first half vs wasps was a bit like watching us at times last year as we struggled to make progress and it was easy to slow our ball down. This aspect still concerns me a bit, particularly without Faf there to create from nothing

Our mauling looks much better, not sure if this is new players, a full pre season with Dorian or a bit of both.

Nine coverage is better than we expected, at least we have options now.

RDP looks like a solid signing but not sure he’s done enough to nail down the spot with AJ coming back soon.

Rohan still makes a huge difference to us, fingers crossed we get him on the pitch for 75% of games. Again I think there are concerns about a lack of direct ball carriers without him, but it sounds like Luke James did well yesterday.

I think sam James has been a bit quiet so far, I wonder whether one of the younger lads might start to put his place under pressure.

This hasn’t been mentioned much, but I think part of the reason Denny’s form has been mixed is that he’s been on the left wing to allow Ashton to play on the right. I’d let Denny play 14, where he did well v wasps, and fit the others around him.

Hammersley seems to fit in really well, better then I thought he might. Great to see Yarde back but I think it will be new year before we see the best of him.

I think 4/4 flatters us a bit, but the confidence and winning habit is a great thing to develop early on. Gloucester have taken a completely different approach to pre season, resting better players and losing, so hope we can catch them cold on Saturday.
Not sure about the locks - I thought Postlethwaite looked good against Sarries (admittedly not exactly their strongest!) and could well develop into a really good squad member (I doubt if we'll see much of Bryn from now on).
FarnhamShark wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 pm
Not sure about the locks - I thought Postlethwaite looked good against Sarries (admittedly not exactly their strongest!) and could well develop into a really good squad member (I doubt if we'll see much of Bryn from now on).
I think that Beaumont is looking good in the second row. Behind him I think they are all sound options but I don’t see it as an area where we have as much depth if you compare it to other parts of the pack. Think Evans will retire at the end of the season and the salary from him and Nott can go towards a higher quality option. I think we were trying to get another option this year and Evans only signed on for another year when we couldn’t get the right person
Yep. Also got the impression Poselthwaite has developed more than we expected. Lock and centre the priority next season. Though any quality players are welcome in almost all positions.

Ashton’s chip and chase try was on the left. How were they lined up?
Clutch wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:35 pm
Yep. Also got the impression Poselthwaite has developed more than we expected. Lock and centre the priority next season. Though any quality players are welcome in almost all positions.

Ashton was on the left wing.

Agree about Postlethwaite, hasn't really put a foot wrong and gets through a good amount of work. One thing I've been trying to find out about him is is height, club/wikipedia lists him as only 193cm, which is surely too short for a premiership lock, though he looks to be taller than this on the pitch.
Looks at least 6’5” to me. Him, Rodd and Redpath seem to have all cemented themselves as solid premiership options over the course of the PRC which is good to see, with Curtis and Roebuck also showing glimpses of their huge potential.
AndaleManito wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:42 pm
Clutch wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:35 pm

Ashton was on the left wing.

Agree about Postlethwaite, hasn't really put a foot wrong and gets through a good amount of work. One thing I've been trying to find out about him is is height, club/wikipedia lists him as only 193cm, which is surely too short for a premiership lock, though he looks to be taller than this on the pitch.
I think 1.93 sounds right, which is 6 foot 4, think he’s very similar to JLDP height wise.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]