By FleetShark
What team does everyone think we'll go for this week? Faf and Tom Curry both confirmed to be in the 23.

I'd go for:
1. Morozov
2. Webber
3. John
4. Evans
5. Phillips
6. Ross
7. T. Curry
8. JL Du Preez
9. Faf
10. AJ
11. McGuigan
12. RJVR
13. L James
14. Ashton
15. Hammersley

16. Akker
17. Oosthuizen
18. Cooper-Woolley
19. Postlethwaite
20. Wilson
21. Papier
22. R Du Preez
23. Yarde

This is based on Solomona possibly still being injured and giving Dan, Harrison and Ben a rest.
By Elgar
Mainly agree.

Though might be tempted to give Tom Curry one more week off and start Wilson at 7 with Dan Du Preez on the bench.

Would like to see Ashton move to 15 with Yarde on to the wing as and when the game starts to open up.
By Olyy
ageinghoody wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:54 pm
I've a sneaking suspicion they'll both come off the bench.

Or maybe I'm just letting my sense of theatre get the better of me.
That's my guess, said in another thread that I wouldn't be surprised at a 6-2 split with Wilson, Curry and Faf all on the bench.

I'm interested to see what we do with the props, and who of the 5 misses out.
My guess is one of Harrison/Morozov as Oosthuizen looks better on the LH, and WGJ/JCW are both better options on the TH.

Oosthuizen, Webber, JCW
Evans, Philips,
Ross, B.Curry, D.duPreez
Papier, AJ,
McGuigan, Rohan, L.James, Ashton,
Hammersley

Akker, Morozov, WGJ, JLdP, Wilson, T.Curry, Faf, RdP

Something along those lines. Obviously leaves us short if there's a back 3 injury but L.James played 15 to good effect last season after getting used to the role. Papier probably quicker than most wingers, as well.

I would be tempted at saying B.Curry and one of the duPreez twins might get a rest but it's our first home Champ Cup game - I think we'll go balls to the wall for a win/good performance in front of (hopefully) a good sized crowd.
By Thekeg
Do we know if DDP and Rohan are injured? There was talk of Rohan injuring his shoulder before the Glasgow game and DDP went off with a bang to the head. I think we will go

Hammersley
Ashton
L James
RJVR
Mcguigan
Macginty
Papier
DDP
Ben curry
Ross
Evans
Phillips
Cooper Woolley
Webber
Harrison

AVDM
Morozov
Oosthuizen
JLDP
Tom curry
Faf
RDP
Yarde

Or possibly Wilson with a 6-2 split
By Van Cannonball
I would say if Faf is available to be on the bench then he should start. Neither Cliff nor Papier have done enough to show that we’re not absolutely desperate for him to play.

Next game is Worc away and I’d prefer him to bench that one if required. Faf starting on Sunday would give the whole team, and crowd, a massive lift.
By Surbiton_Shark
Papier's pass is somewhat variable.....and the speed of his pass is slow.

I would be really tempted to start with Faff - we generally as a team need a bit of spark - truth told we've been struggling to put together a performance since Irish away.

Wilson would be handy as well - we need someone to compliment the offloading game of the twins with some hard straight running and share that type of workload with Jono

If Sam/Rohan aren't fit I would stick with AJ/De Preez at 10/12 and Luke at 13
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]