By Stet
After today’s performance Yarde should not been seen for a while - where was McGuigan today
By Blind540
Would agree it’s the last post. Whilst I agree it is a nice article he is nowhere near recovered. He has made mistakes in all his matches since his return and a number(not all) have lead to points conceded. I am all for learning from mistakes but today’s was a really bad day! Should has gone sooner. Give him some a games or Sale Fc to show his return. Would rather have an academy lad than Marlon at the moment.
By MikeGC
Thought he was OK today.
He had a 90% chance of scoring the try Van Rensburg butchered. Van Rensburg's reaction to him (push in the chest) when he remonstrated was very poor.
Only absolutely brilliant defence prevented him scoring just before half time.
By IrishShark
He's been given opportunities because he's eqp and byron seemed to get involved in handbags and argie bargie versus Glasgow.
By Grumpy Old Shark
I really rate him as a player, and before his injury last year , he was on fire.
It takes players a LONG time to get back from serious injury and his was worse than most.
I appreciate that he needs game time but I’m not sure that it fair on him or on the rest of the team to expect him to deliver in crucial matches this soon in his rehabilitation process.
I suspect that it’s a psychological problem but his tackling has been poor since he came back.
The dropped ball was unfortunate but I don’t think that it was any more than that (plus his foot was in touch anyway).
I’d personally give him a few games with the jets or with fc to get back into his groove
By Oldham Shark
MikeGC wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:57 pm
Thought he was OK today.
Thought he was ok? OK????? :yikes: Thankfully Mr Diamond thought otherwise by half-time. I have no idea what game you were watching Sir, but I'd love a pair of the glasses you were wearing or a few grammes of the reality distorting substance you were consuming. I like Marland but I agree he needs to have a few games for Sale FC to get himself back in order.
By Clutch
I think the point is others were also at fault. Phillips and James for other tries. He should have scored his try but Ashton should have scored his against Gloucester which also cost us.

Bryon must be injured surely.
By Van Cannonball
Don’t think so - saw Byron with the subs going through warm up drills. If he is injured it’s minor.
By MikeGC
Oldham Shark wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:26 am
MikeGC wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:57 pm
Thought he was OK today.
Thought he was ok? OK????? :yikes: Thankfully Mr Diamond thought otherwise by half-time. I have no idea what game you were watching Sir, but I'd love a pair of the glasses you were wearing or a few grammes of the reality distorting substance you were consuming. I like Marland but I agree he needs to have a few games for Sale FC to get himself back in order.
Fair enough - in the game I watched he was a fabulous tackle and a selfish centre away from two tries.
Defensively fragile, probably.
Getting some confidence back - probably not - a public humiliation isn’t renowned for its positivity
If Solomona hadn’t been on the bench he'd have had chance to redeem himself.
By AndaleManito
I think it's fair to say that Marland had a bad game, but that doesn't mean he's not a great player. Before his injury last year he was one of, if not the, best player on the park for long spells. I think people forget too quickly that the type of injury he sustained is one that most people would retire from.

A year is a long time as well, not just in terms of remembering how to play/match fitness etc, but the game evolves each year, and the one he left is not exactly the same as the one he came back too. Probably, he should have had an extended run in the A league to get back up to speed, but the thinking was probably that he's too good a talent not to be featuring in the big games.

He will get there, anyone saying he's not good enough at this level doesn't know what their talking about quite frankly, his 13 England caps speak for that. He's out of form at the moment, and probably shouldn't have started against Exeter, who are the best team we've played so far this season by a considerable margin, especially with Nowell and Hogg in the back three, but no player is ever going to say "no don't pick me".

By the end of the season I've no doubt that we will see him back to his old self, but really it's just come too soon so far. He was in England form before his injury last year, it's mad to think he's going to pick up where he left off when you consider the nature of his injury - his lower leg was only attached to his upper leg by skin!
Olyy, Flumpty, iBozz and 2 others liked this
By PappjeShark
Yep, he was a very rare bright spot last year before his injury and it never ceases to amaze how fickle fans could be. He’s not the first and not the last to get sold by Hogg and not grounding the ball was one of those freak things that happens occasionally. I’m pretty sure that Dimes will build him back up and unleash him again and he’ll back at a better level.

In fact - what odds he starts against Quins in the New Year?

Great shame, I had hoped he would get into coachin[…]

Never ending word association thread

Christmas https://cdn-img.scalabs.com.au/RBrEUiNN[…]

Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]