29/30 A NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
KO TBC
Gallagher Premiership Rugby

JUNE 2020

SAT 06 H WORCESTER WARRIORS
KO TBC
Gallagher Premiership Rugby
By Flumpty
October seems a long, long, long time away.
At first look, the fixture fairy doesn't looking he (she ?) has been particularly kind. I was hoping for games against Chiefs and Saracens whilst their players were at World Cup / rested after World Cup !
By Haylingshark
True, but of the start, would be possible to get 2 of 3 away wins to go with hopefully 2 home wins.
Also to finish with 3 home games out of 4 might be crucial.
By LymmShark
Flumpty wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm
At first look, the fixture fairy doesn't looking he (she ?) has been particularly kind. I was hoping for games against Chiefs and Saracens whilst their players were at World Cup / rested after World Cup !

We play Sarries, Exeter and Gloucs away and Leics at home during the 6 Nations. I would say the fixture fairy has hooked us right up!
By Flumpty
LymmShark wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:47 pm
Flumpty wrote:

We play Sarries, Exeter and Gloucs away and Leics at home during the 6 Nations. I would say the fixture fairy has hooked us right up!
Maybe the Fixture Fairy should bring me some glasses to help me look at things more closely !
tbird liked this
By iBozz
I've updated the subscribable calendar (E&OE) with the basics and will fill in the missing data (such as away ground addresses, etc. later tonight.

The Sale Sharks calendar will include Jets fixtures as and when announced and the Sale FC calendar includes Sale 1861 fixtures.

For those who do subscribe please please please tell me anything that you see is wrong.

The only clash with Sale FC for those Sale Sharks games where dates and times have been given is, to the best of my knowledge, on Saturday, 21 December when at 3:00pm Sale FC entertain Rotherham and Sale Sharks entertain Northampton.

Let's hope that one or the other takes steps to avoid the clash!
By chris1850
IBozz, Alex

Can we have a sticky on this site about the calendar and how to subscribe etc, in much the same way as there was one on the old site?
By iBozz
I don't know about the sticky, Alex can answer that (and tell me how to do it!) but I can certainly post the links.

It may be over the next few days or so when I have the time (as will completing the away fixture venues and checking that I have everything correct) but it would be very useful if someone, somewhere, could actually confirm which links work and which don't. I use macOS Mojave v10.14.5 (18F132) and the Mac links appear to work for me but I have no way of testing other desktop, mobile phone or tablet Operating Systems.

I know that people do subscribe because they've told me face to face (and they also told me when I had a game which seemed to last several weeks! :sad: ) but, in spite of many many requests since I started these calendars, no-one has confirmed which links they use and which work and which don't.

I've even asked a poster who requested an SFC calendar twice whether it works for them and had no reply to either query!

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
By poyntonshark
iBozz:-
in spite of many many requests since I started these calendars, no-one has confirmed which links they use and which work and which don't.
A tad unfair sir, we exchanged PM's last year discussing the first attempt which didn't work correctly, and what you described as MarkII which did work. Though I confess no specific link is mentioned in our PM's and I can't look for original message

The public link as shown in Google Chrome on Windows 10 to the Google Calendar is :-
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/em ... ia%2FPerth

Still working, updated with new fixtures, was installed this time last year. All looks OK, not yet checked in detail.
By iBozz
poyntonshark wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:38 am
iBozz:-
in spite of many many requests since I started these calendars, no-one has confirmed which links they use and which work and which don't.
A tad unfair sir, we exchanged PM's last year discussing the first attempt which didn't work correctly, and what you described as MarkII which did work. Though I confess no specific link is mentioned in our PM's and I can't look for original message

The public link as shown in Google Chrome on Windows 10 to the Google Calendar is :-
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/em ... ia%2FPerth

Still working, updated with new fixtures, was installed this time last year. All looks OK, not yet checked in detail.

I had in mind more the Sale FC calendar, Poynters, but I see that my comment can be read to mean both calendars. I have no recollection of our exchange but I bow to your superior memory and withdraw your name from my assertion. Like you I rarely keep PMs when a subject is “completed” so will probably have lost any electronic trail and the Unoffy Mark 1 is down so I couldn’t check at the moment anyway.

When I can work out how to create a Sticky I’ll create a links post.
By Alex
If you click the moderate button at the bottom of the thread it should open up a box which has two lots of drop downs

Jump to
Quick Mod Tools

Then if you go on the drop down there's an option four from the bottom which is "change sticky" that will make the topic sticky
iBozz liked this
By Hookers
Flumpty wrote:
We've got 4 weeks of Premiership Cup before that!
I believe pools and fixtures for those come out next week.

And there's the Premier 7's on the 13th September.
By iBozz
Alex wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 am
If you click the moderate button at the bottom of the thread it should open up a box which has two lots of drop downs

Jump to
Quick Mod Tools

Then if you go on the drop down there's an option four from the bottom which is "change sticky" that will make the topic sticky
Alex.

What I see is:

Lock
Delete
Move
Split
Move
Merge
Copy
View

No Sticky and Move appears twice.
By iBozz
Major Bloodnok wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 pm
The two "moves" are "move topic" and "move posts".

Maybe you have to be a red mod (admin) to make it sticky...
Looks like it.

When I've done the definitive links post I'll let a Red Mod know and perhaps it can be made Sticky. Not sure when that will be as I'm somewhat busy at the moment.
By Aidanb
iBozz wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm
Major Bloodnok wrote:

Looks like it.

When I've done the definitive links post I'll let a Red Mod know and perhaps it can be made Sticky. Not sure when that will be as I'm somewhat busy at the moment.

there is another option

edit the first post and then you may be able to see an option further down the page [below the posted text] to make sticky
By iBozz
Aidanb wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 am
iBozz wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm
Major Bloodnok wrote:

Looks like it.

there is another option

edit the first post and then you may be able to see an option further down the page [below the posted text] to make sticky
Devious, but effective! Thanks, I'll bear that in mind when I need the facility.
By SaleFC
On the Sale FC Website we now have our downloadable calendars in
iCal
Google
Outlook
Head to http://www.salefc.com/calendar-links-for-all if thats of any interest.
Cheers
Sale FC
iBozz wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:45 pm
I've updated the subscribable calendar (E&OE) with the basics and will fill in the missing data (such as away ground addresses, etc. later tonight.

The Sale Sharks calendar will include Jets fixtures as and when announced and the Sale FC calendar includes Sale 1861 fixtures.

For those who do subscribe please please please tell me anything that you see is wrong.

The only clash with Sale FC for those Sale Sharks games where dates and times have been given is, to the best of my knowledge, on Saturday, 21 December when at 3:00pm Sale FC entertain Rotherham and Sale Sharks entertain Northampton.

By iBozz
SaleFC wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:55 am
On the Sale FC Website we now have our downloadable calendars in
iCal
Google
Outlook
Head to http://www.salefc.com/calendar-links-for-all if thats of any interest.
Cheers
Sale FC
iBozz wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:45 pm

An excellent and welcome development! Bravo SFC. :yes:

I'll keep my SFC/S1861 calendar going until SFC's testing has been completed and then ask Members of this august and highly esteemed forum whether it makes sense to retire my own version.

Hopefully SFC's calendars will be kept up to date at Heywood Road as and when changes and scores are available whereas I have to rely on newsletters, etc which by their nature may be a bit later. I also found it difficult to obtain scores soon after No Side and often had to go to on-line fixture lists, news reports etc. to find them as SFC, last term, updated scores some time afterwards.

I would also hope that games changed at short notice will be updated immediately, for example those cancelled because of adverse weather conditions or somesuch so that the calendars on our devices can be changed. This would be a useful service which, obviously, I am less able to reflect.

As I said at the start, an excellent initiative! :)
By H's D
In the meantime iBozz your calendar updates both Calendar under windows10 and Em clients version. Personally speaking I would prefer you to keep yours running......the original and still the best....the veritable dog's B******* for those wishing to just hav e SS's fixtures!
Perhaps you could now check my accounts as the deadline for submission looms large?
I'm trying to submit them by the 20th. :)
By SaleFC
[/quote]

An excellent and welcome development! Bravo SFC. :yes:

I'll keep my SFC/S1861 calendar going until SFC's testing has been completed and then ask Members of this august and highly esteemed forum whether it makes sense to retire my own version.

Hopefully SFC's calendars will be kept up to date at Heywood Road as and when changes and scores are available whereas I have to rely on newsletters, etc which by their nature may be a bit later. I also found it difficult to obtain scores soon after No Side and often had to go to on-line fixture lists, news reports etc. to find them as SFC, last term, updated scores some time afterwards.

I would also hope that games changed at short notice will be updated immediately, for example those cancelled because of adverse weather conditions or somesuch so that the calendars on our devices can be changed. This would be a useful service which, obviously, I am less able to reflect.

As I said at the start, an excellent initiative! :)
[/quote]

Scores will be updated as soon as possible after the games on the calendar. Obviously we are restricted by the fact that its volunteers doing this not paid staff. If people have set up their refresher hourly then any updates should be available within the hour of any score/change/cancellation. Although in trial, they are currently functional.
Last season we did have a live twitter commentary for all games, again, volunteers so obviously not always 100% guaranteed service.
iBozz liked this
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]