As a user of both for a few weeks on here i wont be going back to SN the "revamp" of the falcons site on SN is just awful with over a 1/3 still covered in adverts. the only reason SN did anything was because they could see the cash advertising leaving as the posters do. Its a site of its time that never developed despite complaints on every board for many years. People dont like change and this has helped SN gather cash through the adverts. SN is also not secure and all users are easy prey if the site is ever hacked.
At least here Alex is willing to listen and seems to take suggestions on board and make changes if he can despite on or two people it seams trying to make life as difficult as possible for him.
i for one am willing to help him develop this site and keep it for the rugby fans.
SN is dead or dying we all know it. It was good at the time but times change.
Hope to see more fans make the jump
tigerburnie liked this
By bartyMJ
Regrettably I do. Feel bad for our moderators at SN, they put an awful lot of effort in to keep the site running, and its not their fault but what can we do. Chris is right, suggest the SN community is canvassed again.
By chris1850
bartyMJ wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:28 am
Regrettably I do. Feel bad for our moderators at SN, they put an awful lot of effort in to keep the site running, and its not their fault but what can we do. Chris is right, suggest the SN community is canvassed again.
Moderators are still required on this site. They could carry on their good work here without all the well-known issues of the SN site.
By bartyMJ
chris1850 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:51 am

Moderators are still required on this site. They could carry on their good work here without all the well-known issues of the SN site.
Duly noted. We'll see what the consensus is - think our SN mods are very long serving and might find it tricky just to jump ship if that's the popular opinion but you never know. They've done a great job - might even see it as an opportunity to "retire"!
By iBozz
chris1850 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:51 am
bartyMJ wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:28 am
Our Editor and Mods (I am a Mod on the Sale site) have carried those roles over to this new board and, at least from my perspective, the difference in operation isn't all that difficult to learn - even at my advanced age!
By TeflonTed
Wuss in peace.

In answer to the thread question, a majority of the regular Wuss posters have moved here, a few are still viewing the SN board, but traffic there has reduced very significantly.

We had a vote, the majority voted to switch.

Regrettably, one regular poster, who had been responsible for the SN site originally, felt he had to continue rather than support a clean switch, resulting in 2 boards being open.

Which we all know, doesn’t work.
bartyMJ liked this
By bartyMJ
I think the tide at the minute is with Sarries staying on SN - I'm probably in a minority. Will keep posts going here as much as I can and see what happens
By TeflonTed
barty, I think it’s going to be a gradual process for some clubs, and a non-starter for others. There’s been moans about various issues on SN for ages, and nothing was ever done, until Alex got this site going and Sale switched.

I don’t know how our vote got started, but it clearly indicated that a significant majority of our more regular posters were happy to try a switch...so most of us have moved.

If other clubs are happy with SN they’ll stay there, but those who get split traffic between 2 sites will lose some force from their discussions.

Time will tell!
bartyMJ, bartyMJ liked this
By Alex
C.M.O.T. Dibbler wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:40 pm
Like the site, but find it irritating that you have to go back to the first post on a topic in order to then move on to the next topic. Can a "Next Topic" button be added to the end?
There are buttons at the top but will look into adding them at the bottom too as that's the logical place I guess!
Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

It could suit both parties. SJ gets a new experi[…]

Covid Repayments

Look at the going concern statements in Glaws acco[…]

LC-D health scare

Not great news for the poor lad, must be a worry. […]

Great shame, I had hoped he would get into coachin[…]