By TeflonTed
Yep, just the man to lead England.

Born in Australia of Tongan heritage, raised in Wales, started at New Panteg RFC, admittedly he’s worked on losing his Valley accent, which is more than can be said of Mako.

Oh I know it’s all within the rules, but the passion of playing for the country of your birth is now so diluted I don’t know why they bother with the anthems.

Anyone catch Willie Heinz at Twickenham looking somewhat uncomfortable trying to not sing God Save The Queen?
By poyntonshark
I don't have a problem with those who moved countries as youngsters and choose to play for the country where they grew up. Though I confess I didn't know the Vunipolas grew up in Wales. Which raises an interesting point in terms of nationality, English, Scottish, Welsh don't really exist as nationalities, does anyone know of any rules governing where an immigrant becoming a British citizen would be eligible to play? Is it all down to residency?
By TeflonTed
poyntonshark wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:49 am
I don't have a problem with those who moved countries as youngsters and choose to play for the country where they grew up. Though I confess I didn't know the Vunipolas grew up in Wales. Which raises an interesting point in terms of nationality, English, Scottish, Welsh don't really exist as nationalities, does anyone know of any rules governing where an immigrant becoming a British citizen would be eligible to play? Is it all down to residency?
Essentially, yes, residency is how the three home nations go in the absence of birth/parental/grand parental qualification.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]