By bartyMJ
While there's always an element of the usual Daily Heil muck-raking, the fact that this has dragged on for so long isn't helping anyone. If we've breached the rules we should rightly be punished before the season starts so everyone knows where they stand. More likely we're stuck in that horrible grey area that can be argued both ways for eternity, as it has been for the last few months.

Either way the cap rules as they are don't appear to be fit for purpose any more. From my Sarries-biased view (unclean, unclean), there needs to be more allowances for all clubs to focus on their own academies and produce international-standard home-grown talent.
By Duckonstilts
Well last time they just swept it under the carpet and paid everyone off. I doubt anything will change now.

It doesn't help anyone though, if clubs start to do the same then it legitimises what Saracens have done, if they don't then they are at a multi million pound disadvantage.

At least if PRL say something one way or the other all the other clubs know where they stand.
By Seamusorielly
Bearing in mind the punishment that has been passed out to Yorkshire Carnegie if Saracens have broken or bent the rules they will get a pat on the back and told to keep up the good work.
By MikeGC
Seamusorielly wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:56 pm
Bearing in mind the punishment that has been passed out to Yorkshire Carnegie if Saracens have broken or bent the rules they will get a pat on the back and told to keep up the good work.
For those of us unable to keep up with the machinations of Championship rugby, please can you tell us what has befallen Carnegie ?
Thanks
By patgadd
OK, it's done and dusted. Leaving aside your own prejudices (because after all there are no new opinions to bring), where do you see Saracens at the end of the season?
By SimonG
Same as now. Still cheating, still allowed to keep the trophies they won by cheating and still facing investigation this time for this season's cheating.
By TeflonTed
Latest press seems to suggest that they won’t be stripped of any titles, and will have made sufficient changes to the co-investment programme to avoid further investigation.

Not saying I agree with that, only that it seems today’s most likely scenario.

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]

Falcons

Their team doesn't look that bad on paper. bu[…]

Tom Curry OMG

I just hope he takes his time and is patient. Jus[…]

Queen