By NSW1654
Just read the club statement on match streaming for remaking games. What if you don’t have BT Sport as part of a package or don’t wish or can’t download a streaming app at a cost of £25 pm. I have paid to watch these matches. Will season ticket holders get given a code to watch. Visa BT Sport app. ? :doh:
By g2forumsm
I guess so long as you haven't gone for the refund option then you will be given access as per the Warriors announcement. The BT announcement, says that it is at the clubs discretion how they provide access to the ST holders. We are sorted as have BT sport, interesting to note that all of our games are on the App and none on the main BT channels.
By TVM
One is on BT Sport 1

At the end of the day we are 10th on a 6 game losing streak. We aren't exactly box office.

I am not toally sure how they intend to work it with regards to access to matches though.

Clubs discretion sound like BT are offering zero technical assistance!
By SimonG
Not at all. All remaining games that are behind closed doors will be live on BT Sport.
By g2forumsm
SimonG wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:43 pm
Not at all. All remaining games that are behind closed doors will be live on BT Sport.
But with the caveat that you only get to see the games if you are a BT Sports subscriber or able to watch home games if you are a ST holder. the outstanding question is - are you a ST holder if you have asked for your money back as you won't have a "ticket" for the match
By g2forumsm
TVM wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:39 pm
Clubs discretion sound like BT are offering zero technical assistance!
I think they get the technical assistance and that the clubs discretion is the commercial aspect on who they offer it to for free. See my earlier post, but are you a ST holder if you have asked for your money back as you no longer have a "ticket" for the match, ditto with the money on account option.
By patgadd
g2forumsm wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:11 pm
.... interesting to note that all of our games are on the App and none on the main BT channels.
Please forgive a stupid old man; I have BT Sport, but don't know anything about any app. I can watch BT on my telly or on my laptop. Surely I will be able to watch the games without downloading some app?
By g2forumsm
patgadd wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:19 pm
g2forumsm wrote:
.... interesting to note that all of our games are on the App and none on the main BT channels.
Please forgive a stupid old man; I have BT Sport, but don't know anything about any app. I can watch BT on my telly or on my laptop. Surely I will be able to watch the games without downloading some app?
I believe that you can watch on the web site as well . I tend to use the App when I am not at home
By SimonG
g2forumsm wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:24 pm
SimonG wrote:
But with the caveat that you only get to see the games if you are a BT Sports subscriber or able to watch home games if you are a ST holder. the outstanding question is - are you a ST holder if you have asked for your money back as you won't have a "ticket" for the match
True but it would be a bit much to expect BT to somehow make all games available to people who don't have their platforms!
By g2forumsm
SimonG wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:06 pm
g2forumsm wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:24 pm
SimonG wrote:
[/

True but it would be a bit much to expect BT to somehow make all games available to people who don't have their platforms!
But then they are a business not a charity
By Abmatt
patgadd wrote:
g2forumsm wrote:
Yes. Just press the red button when you are on the channel showing the TV game and select the one you wish to view.
By TeflonTed
Access to BTS for non-BTS customers who are ST holders was always the obvious answer.

Was predicted by some.

(He said modestly).
By BehindThePosts
My guess is that they will be using the BT Sport Extra channels. These are on the app but also on your BT TV box - but only if you have their full BT Sport package. If you only have the free BT Sport channel (singular) that comes with BT broadband then you might need the app.
By patgadd
Thanks BTP - that seems to make sense. There are loads of BT Sports Extra channels that are rarely filled, so it's logical to make use of them.
By BehindThePosts
Disappointing that only some of the games will have 'canned' supporters sounds. No idea which yet. I can imagine that those without this will be a bit strange to watch.
By TVM
patgadd wrote:
g2forumsm wrote:
Becasue you are not Donald Trump, we can advise you to press the red button!
C.M.O.T. Dibbler liked this
By g2forumsm
BehindThePosts wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:06 pm
Disappointing that only some of the games will have 'canned' supporters sounds. No idea which yet. I can imagine that those without this will be a bit strange to watch.
A bit like listening to the test cricket on the radio and hearing the noise. that the Pakistanis make. I wouldn't like t be an English batsman at the moment
By NSW1654
Is there any update as to the clubs intentions regarding season ticket holders? Although I have access to BT Sport via my Virgin Media account (and red button etc.) I may not be near a TV when the matches are played. I went and downloaded the BT Sport App and it requires me to provide BT Sport credentials to log in. I know several in the same position.
By patgadd
BehindThePosts wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:06 pm
There is some good news in that for the Glaws game there will be supporters' sounds pre-recorded from previous matches. The bad news is that they were recorded in the West stand.
By TeflonTed
NSW1654 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:19 am
Is there any update as to the clubs intentions regarding season ticket holders? Although I have access to BT Sport via my Virgin Media account (and red button etc.) I may not be near a TV when the matches are played. I went and downloaded the BT Sport App and it requires me to provide BT Sport credentials to log in. I know several in the same position.
If I’m reading you correctly the issue is being able to record BTS content.

As far as I’m aware (unless this has changed recently) the only way to be able to record BTS content was to have either a BT Box, or a Sky Box with BTS subscription logged on. I ended up with a Sky Box, don’t pay for Sky Sports, pay BTS directly, and all BTS channels are activated on my Sky menu and can be scheduled, recorded and saved. I don’t know if Virgin have the same deal, but I don’t particularly want a Virgin Box or contract either.

The BTS app, which allows me to stream to iPhone/iPad(and cast to smart TV) is not available to load onto the TV apps menu. If it was, content could then be recorded to any hard disk box connected. Which is what I’d really prefer, a one-off purchase of a Humax/Freesat/whatever recorder.

That’s how I saw it last time I had a close look, but if anyone can advise differently I’d be very happy to dump my old Sky+ Box and buy whatever other box would let me record BTS content streamed online to the TV or via the sat box itself.

Any thoughts?
By patgadd
TeflonTed wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:53 am
NSW1654 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:19 am
If I’m reading you correctly the issue is being able to record BTS content.

As far as I’m aware (unless this has changed recently) the only way to be able to record BTS content was to have either a BT Box, or a Sky Box with BTS subscription logged on. I ended up with a Sky Box, don’t pay for Sky Sports, pay BTS directly, and all BTS channels are activated on my Sky menu and can be scheduled, recorded and saved. I don’t know if Virgin have the same deal, but I don’t particularly want a Virgin Box or contract either.

The BTS app, which allows me to stream to iPhone/iPad(and cast to smart TV) is not available to load onto the TV apps menu. If it was, content could then be recorded to any hard disk box connected. Which is what I’d really prefer, a one-off purchase of a Humax/Freesat/whatever recorder.

That’s how I saw it last time I had a close look, but if anyone can advise differently I’d be very happy to dump my old Sky+ Box and buy whatever other box would let me record BTS content streamed online to the TV or via the sat box itself.

Any thoughts?
I'm with you all the way up until as far as I'm aware. Got a bit lost after that.
By A38
Experience suggests that on the equivalent Sky Sports red button it was not possible to record the game on the old Sky + equipment. I presume that it is the same with Sky Q (or whatever it's called now).

That said, I understand that it is possible to record the red button games but only if one has BT TV as distinct from BT Sport delivered over Sky equipment.

So the A38 household should be able to see the game live - but not be able to record it. For a recording, I presume we have to wait for Premiership Rugby to put it on their website.

And to think that I am old enough to remember when ITV was launched in the Midlands and there was now a second black and white channel to watch. Life now with its many different technological options is far from straightforward for the bear with a black and white brain
By A38
PS: I rather suspect that it's easy for us to take for granted all the work which went on behind the scenes to make live rugby available to watch somehow. Ten years ago we probably wouldn't be having this discussion at all. The technology wouldn't be there.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By W4rriorz1980
Do you press the red button when on BT Sport 1,2,3 & BT Sport/ESPN to get BT Sport Extra?
By GoldFinch
W4rriorz1980 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:25 pm
Do you press the red button when on BT Sport 1,2,3 & BT Sport/ESPN to get BT Sport Extra?
Which ever channel has the live game is where you press the red button from previous experience.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By BehindThePosts
Well, my email has arrived with a code to access the BT Sport app and website for this week's game. Interesting that it doesn't mention access on the TV or whether you'll be able to Chromecast it or not.

Doesn't affect me as I have BT Sport anyway but yours should be arriving in your inbox shortly.
By GoldFinch
BehindThePosts wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:34 pm
Well, my email has arrived with a code to access the BT Sport app and website for this week's game. Interesting that it doesn't mention access on the TV or whether you'll be able to Chromecast it or not.

Doesn't affect me as I have BT Sport anyway but yours should be arriving in your inbox shortly.
From the BT Sport Help page

"You can 'cast' video to Chromecast from either the iOS or Android version of the BT Sport App. ... You'll then see the casting icon in the top right corner of the app screen. Select this icon. If you don't see the casting icon and you use an Android device, please make sure your Google Play Service is up to date."
BehindThePosts liked this
By TeflonTed
And for those who are worried that they don’t recognise “Chromecast”...don’t worry, it’s just a Google/Android brand name.

BTS casts perfectly well from the app on non-Android( ie. Apple) devices to smart TV’s.
BehindThePosts liked this
By TeflonTed
I think it’s all been worked out fairly sensibly.

As a matter of interest, are ST holders who have refunded rather than donated or banked receiving BTS codes? Just interested, no axe to grind.

For those who aren’t BTS subscribers or qualifying ST code-holders, I’d think a £25 30 day BTS pass would be a bargain at the moment.
By W4rriorz1980
I unfortunately had to ask for a refund.Bit difficult for us @ the moment.

But I have put a lot of money into Warriors over the years.But I didn't get a code but i have BT Sport anyway.

I wonder when we get notification of the choices we fans have made?
By patgadd
W4rriorz1980 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:50 am
I unfortunately had to ask for a refund.Bit difficult for us @ the moment.

But I have put a lot of money into Warriors over the years.But I didn't get a code but i have BT Sport anyway.
Unfortunately if in the circs you had to ask for a refund they won't send you a code, but of course you won't need one as you have BT
By Old 7
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 am
I think it’s all been worked out fairly sensibly.

As a matter of interest, are ST holders who have refunded rather than donated or banked receiving BTS codes? Just interested, no axe to grind.

For those who aren’t BTS subscribers or qualifying ST code-holders, I’d think a £25 30 day BTS pass would be a bargain at the moment.
I took the refund as I've just been made redundant, but i still received the code which i wasn't expecting.
However, i had renewed for next season so i don't know if that made a difference.
TeflonTed liked this
By Abmatt
I have to ask the question. Why can’t bt cover every match weekend the way they are doing now?
By TeflonTed
No change at the bottom of the table then.

Ignoring Sorries (and why wouldn’t you) Glaws, Irish and Tigers came away from their games with exactly the same as us......nowt.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]