By ROLLO
Reported on SN site, aparently Robert ( Bobby ) is on his way to us. A lock/backrow from Southern Kings in South Africa.
By Underdog
If he provides a bit of heft and physicality in the second row, then all to the good. If he ends up preferring to play in the back row, then I'm not so sure we need that.

Interesting that we're looking. I know Solly said reinforcements might come in but I wasn't expecting them.
By A38
Anyway, getting back on track away from my teenage pop culture, if this rumour is accurate it does tell us a few things:-
1) The need to bolster the pack is acknowledged
2) The post LI review has happened - (or indeed was already in hand before the LI game)
3) There is some money in the pot.

AS's contacts in SA and the difficulties of the Southern Kings do indicate some credibility to the rumour but we will have to wait and see if De Vee (presumably that's how he pronounces his name, it will avoid lavatorial humour) appears.
By TeflonTed
A38 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:20 pm
Anyway, getting back on track away from my teenage pop culture, if this rumour is accurate it does tell us a few things:-
1) The need to bolster the pack is acknowledged
2) The post LI review has happened - (or indeed was already in hand before the LI game)
3) There is some money in the pot.

AS's contacts in SA and the difficulties of the Southern Kings do indicate some credibility to the rumour but we will have to wait and see if De Vee (presumably that's how he pronounces his name, it will avoid lavatorial humour) appears.
Lavatorial humour, how very dare you!

I’m surprised he isn’t going to Briz to join Andy Uren .
By A38
Rollo, that would certainly tie in with the rumour a few weeks (?) ago that one of the locks was off to France.

Time will tell, I suppose.
By west brom warrior
Would be a welcome addition but he has just started following Northampton Saints on twitter so perhaps he is heading over to them.
By Underdog
Who's Sam Lucas? Have I missed something?

As I pressed submit, I realised it must be Lewis.
By TeflonTed
De Wee no longer on his way, according to Fissler.

End of all bad wee wee jokes.
By patgadd
Could it possibly be that he's not enough of a great bloke, or a good team player?
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:04 am
De Wee no longer on his way, according to Fissler.

End of all bad wee wee jokes.
Can't imagine Jason and Colin want to add to the wage bill at the moment :no:
Unless of course someone IS moving on :thinking:
TeflonTed liked this
By A38
Latecomer agree.

At this difficult time it would be prudent, financially, for the owners to ask AS to manage with the squad which he has irrespective of the shortcomings which the review might highlight.
By ROLLO
I think that the conversation may have gone something like this, Solly you have chosen the sqaud and coaches now you have to get the best out of them.
By Try try again
I think that the conversation may have gone something like this, Solly you have chosen the sqaud and coaches now you have to get the best out of them.
That's not a "conversation"!
Like many "chats" I've had with my bosses over the years.

Bit I'm sure you're right, Solly will have been told to get on with it.
By ROLLO
Perhaps I should have started by saying " can I have another lock please ? " :lol
By A38
One other thought: would it be politically expedient to spend money on bringing in a SA player at a time when the Club was pleading for Governmental assistance?
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By SimonG
A38 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:04 am
One other thought: would it be politically expedient to spend money on bringing in a SA player at a time when the Club was pleading for Governmental assistance?
If they do it would probably be best not to pay him six hundred grand a week if they want a Bale out!
By TeflonTed
de Wee now confirmed to Ealing, and TRP today makes it clear this was a Wuss decision.

Fissler says, “Worcester pulled the plug on a deal at the last minute......he had been having talks with the Warriors about a move to the premiership but Alan Solomons pulled out..... Trailfinders owner Mike Gooley has given the green light for more investment in the playing squad”.

All about the money then?
By W4rriorz1980
Ealing,unless they get promoted will just be a stepping stone to the Premiership,Top 14 imo.

From the extensive highlights I've seen,he'll be to good for the Championship.
By ROLLO
Ed in view of our discussions on Thursday I wonder f thie means that a former lock could be joining us? A good rumour if nothing esle.
By TeflonTed
For readers who have no idea what Rollo is mentioning, there were pretty reliable sighting of Christian Scotland-Williamson in Worcester fairly recently.

Edit....I am told that my “fairly recently” needs more definition.....as in, the sighting was January.

It was however, beyond “reliable” it’s a definite.

Still a good enough rumour for a Monday morning.

Bose

Sale Sharks Supporters Club Event

Promises to be a great night. And we have the Shar[…]

30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinai[…]

Quins game

FWIW, Quins' fan podcast are suggesting that there[…]