By patgadd
(I had previously posted this in the wrong place)

A long time ago, in a stadium far far away, a lazy sports hack (is there any other kind?) had an idea. Marking all the players out of ten would be easy and quick, and would fill a fair amount of space for very little effort. Now virtually all the papers do it. Bearing in mind my opinion of such a tactic, the ST's assessment of Ollie Lawrence yesterday is 7/10. This is on a par with Daly, Farrell, George, Sinckler, Curry and Underhill, and beats Billy Vunipola and Jonathan Joseph. Can't complain as he didn't receive much more ball than he did last week.
By TeflonTed
Sorry about that!

Yes, Ollie did OK, didn’t get a whole lot in attack but was covering well and gets decent mentions around the press.
Particularly for his quick wide ball in his own 22 which arguably made May’s wonder try.

Although to be fair May did rather well didn’t he.

Looking forward to the Sweaties shortly!
By poyntonshark
Whilst sharing @patgadd 's disdain for these ratings, I reckon 7 closer to the mark than 6. Ollie showed well early on, never got the ball in space, but carried strongly to the line on a few occasions. England's erm.... tactics in the 2nd half meant that his duties were largely restricted to defensive work, but in keeping with the rest of the team's performance, he did his work well. He has not yet had the opportunity to take hold of a game as he sometimes does for you guys, but is coming along nicely. Perhaps more importantly he seems to be in EJ's good books.
By MattM
From my seat and as a somewhat impartial observer I thought he looked like a very good fit in the team, he didn't really stand out to me but in a good team performance that is a positive I think.
By TeflonTed
Malvern Man wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:17 pm
Telegraph gave him 8.
[/quote

Probably a better reflection of his game than a 6. The ST went with a 7, “Encouraging, more involved than last week, and he had moments when he looked strong and clever”

No mention of his part in the set-up of May’s “wonder try” though.
By poyntonshark
TeflonTed wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:17 pm
SimonG wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:29 pm
Oi'll give him foive.

He says showing his age.

Janice Nichols? (Ungoogled.....promise)

Nearly Ted - Nicholls. Must try harder.

I did have to google the name, but not the gender.
By SimonG
poyntonshark wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:10 am
TeflonTed wrote:
SimonG wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:29 pm
Oi'll give him foive.

He says showing his age.

You seem a bit obsessed with gender. Anything you want to share?
By TeflonTed
SimonG wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:57 am
poyntonshark wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:10 am
TeflonTed wrote:

You seem a bit obsessed with gender. Anything you want to share?

Never mind her extra L, or her gender for that matter. The big issue around Janice was the national press insisting on calling her a “Brummie’ due to her accent.

As anyone with half an ear knows, she’s a yam yam, actually from Wednesbury.

And there is a whole world of difference between a yam yam and a Brummie.
By patgadd
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:50 pm
.... there is a whole world of difference between a yam yam and a Brummie.
Not to an outsider there isn't. As a youth I went to a summer camp - one of those ones where you learn to love Jesus - and there was a cockney lad there. He did have a strong accent, and his biggest tormentor was a bloke from Worthing. The trouble was that the rest of us couldn't tell whether he was imitating the cockney or speaking normally, because to us they sounded exactly the same!
By Latecomer
W4rriorz1980 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:43 pm
What do you call a Chinese man from Dudley with 2 black eyes?
Hope the punch line isn't going to attract accusations of racism W4 :thinking:
By kingbeer
"But the injury means Lawrence will miss out on the chance to win his fourth international cap against Wales having made his debut off the bench against Italy in Rome last month."

I cannot believe having made his debut last month, that he is already played against Wales 3 previous times..... :evillaugh:
TeflonTed, W4rriorz1980 liked this

In other news..... Crusaders 37 Chiefs 26. Nine t[…]

Alex refers to Fordy, Rob, Sam Bedlow, Waisea + […]

Humbug

Covid Repayments

Look at the going concern statements in Glaws acco[…]