By TeflonTed
SimonG wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:21 pm
Just noticed a post on the SN site asking where everyone was. Replied via PM with a link to here so perhaps this is the way to go to promote this site?
You’re not the only one....only proper to keep folk informed!
By Daytripper
Why do some fonts appear very small and some very large. I have to keep zooming in and out to read them?
By TeflonTed
Daytripper wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:45 am
Why do some fonts appear very small and some very large. I have to keep zooming in and out to read them?
I haven’t noticed that, is it just because users can set font sizewithin posts?
Flumpty, Abmatt liked this
By Daytripper
It probably is. Could the font size be set by vft22 so everyone has the same size.
By Latecomer
Daytripper wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:29 am
It probably is. Could the font size be set by vft22 so everyone has the same size.
But posters couldn't SHOUT then could they ?
By TeflonTed
Daytripper wrote:
If he did that there’d be complaints that basic functionality was being interfered with, and that it’s hardly ever used anyway.

I promise not to use it, ever again after this post, and I imagine it won’t be a problem,.....although if a certain well known, currently absent, long-serving poster were, eventually, to end up on here, I imagine it being used for massive exhortations to be the sixteenth man, support the glorious cause of OUR club etc: etc:
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:14 am
Daytripper wrote:
If he did that there’d be complaints that basic functionality was being interfered with, and that it’s hardly ever used anyway.

I promise not to use it, ever again after this post, and I imagine it won’t be a problem,.....although if a certain well known, currently absent, long-serving poster were, eventually, to end up on here, I imagine it being used for massive exhortations to be the sixteenth man, support the glorious cause of OUR club etc: etc:

A quick check on the SN site and it seems presumed poster is far too busy talking to himself on there to find time to post on here.

You have to be cruel to be kind, yes ?
By TeflonTed
Latecomer...”You have to be cruel to be kind, yes ?”

I’d not like to be involved in any cruelty, let’s just say the rugby community has always enjoyed a degree of spirited banter.

Overall , it’s very very simple.

Driven by ongoing unhappiness with various features of the SN system, and aware of a new alternative, our board moderator called for a vote. The majority of regular posters voted for a move, nearly all have respected that vote and moved.

It’s most regrettable that we have a split community, not that it’s terribly split at the moment, but we all know why. As the RWC and the 19/20 season approach, there will be a number of seasonal posters and lurkers who will be blissfully unaware of the recent events, and I’d expect a degree of confusion in the weeks to come.
By Latecomer
Ted, maybe my last remark was a little too cryptic for my own good.

My remark about said poster was intended in the spirit of banter, but SN does make for some sad viewing now. I think the posters/contributers can probably be counted on one hand, with most topics having the same author. I am not without sympathy for the new moderator but he is currently flogging a horse thats almost dead methinks.

For what it's worth now I have used VFM22 a bit, the more I like it. Far more user friendly !!
By Neiljk
To be completely fair, I think wise to try and see all perspectives here. The vote was held in reasonable haste during a pretty quiet period. I’ve seen more democratic processes and while I rarely agree with JP, I can appreciate why he has taken umbrage. I would also say where I usually differ in opinion you cannot dispute JPs long term support and enthusiasm for the club.

I feel a little like the position has been thrust on us less regular posters as to all intents this has killed the SN site. No big deal for me personally, but the less acrimonious it can be, probably for the better
Touchliner liked this
By Alex
You also have to remember he PMed me asking to be the admin on here before he knew Lindsay was involved then suddenly he was pro SN :thinking:
By C.M.O.T. Dibbler
Hi Alex. Any progress on putting a "Next Topic" button at the end of a thread instead of at the beginning?
By Alex
Should be visible in both locations now
By ROLLO
At present it sees that all of the traffic is Sale , Wuss and LI.
By Alex
You've missed off Newcastle but those are the four teams that have moved or are planning to.

I think as a site we're doing well, we've hit 500 members with more to come once the season starts and over the last couple of months we've had nearly 230k page views which for a new site is pretty good!
By ROLLO
Most of the traffic seems to be on Sale, Wuss and LI.
Second time I have posted this can't see the first one.
By Flumpty
ROLLO wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:42 pm
If it was Panto Season, i'd say "it's behind you" :yikes:
Abmatt liked this
By Abmatt
ROLLO wrote:
Have you got you’re glasses on?
By TeflonTed
ROLLO wrote:
Don’t know what the problem with not seeing your own post was, as far as my experience goes the functionality of this board is excellent.

The traffic is obviously Sale and Wuss, the 2 clubs who decided to move here, so I don’t see that as a problem at all. Having now had a good view days to get used to it I prefer the layout, and find navigation very easy.

Sale decided to move here, as did Wuss, Irish haven’t had a vote, and their community seems split, as does that of Falcons.

Judging by the traffic, although Wuss posters have 2 options, the majority of regular posters are here, and I expect traffic to increase on here once The season starts.

As the politically correct brigade would have it, “other forums are available”.

Fine.
By ROLLO
It is not a defence but I ommited to see that there was a page 2, I can't wait for page 3!
It is actually quite faint on my screen
By ROLLO
Abmatt wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:12 pm
ROLLO wrote:
Have you got you’re glasses on?
When you come to repair the gazebo you can walk me through the site. I would have pm'd you but I don't know how.
By Abmatt
Select the persons name.

That will take you to their profile page.
Under their details you will see a little speech icon. Click that and you can message them.
By Simba
It would be useful to see the new posts within a thread since my last visit. I can get to the last post but then have to scroll up to find the last post I read (if I remember reading it). The old board would have a marker to the new posts since last visit.
Is this possible here? Is it already here and I just don’t see it?
By Alex
If you click the unread button it takes you to your last read post
By Abmatt
On the message board click on the ‘unread’ icon and that will take you to the first new post
By poyntonshark
Just below this post, you will see

<Return to "Worcester Warriors"

Click that. If you have any unread posts, you should see a green icon to the left of the topic title, which reads UNREAD Image. Click this, and you will be taken to the first unread post in the thread.
By SimonG
Ah yes this is all well and good but it doesn't say if the unread post is worth reading does it? :)
By TeflonTed
SimonG wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:07 pm
Ah yes this is all well and good but it doesn't say if the unread post is worth reading does it? :)
Oh if you worried about that you’d never be looking on here in the first place.
By SimonG
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:37 pm
SimonG wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:07 pm
Oh if you worried about that you’d never be looking on here in the first place.
But don't all rugby supporters live in hope?
TeflonTed liked this
Quins game

It looks like our injury woes are viewed as an opp[…]

Blanket

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]