By GoldFinch

Available to buy in the shops from today
By TVM
The away design works because of the colours....but the home is, whisper it, a little boring.

Sorry
By Abmatt
But will there be a cotton version with collar?

I’m not a fan of it tbh, too much going on.
By GoldFinch
WarriorsMisfit wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:03 pm
I know they're not our colours, but that third shirt - I'm sold.
I may have one!
WarriorsMisfit liked this
By Southstand(again)
I think all three kits look very good but, sadly, my body can no longer do the "figure hugging' styles the justice that they deserve .
I've checked my wardrobe and have decided on the shirt that has collected the least "Hard to shift" curry stains over the years.
This season I will mostly be wearing Cotton Trader stripes.
By OverTheBorder
Bought the white one, probably purchase the third shirt as well. Home one could be better.

Really like the teams training shirt best although not on sale to the public.

Applaud the club for taking the commercial decision to include additional sponsors on the shirt
By butthead
Where’s ECB, or EBC, or CBE or whatever it was?
By FlipFlop
Like the 3rd choice. Home shirt keeps the club colours.

Unlikely to please most, but a decent unveil imo.

Hopefully whichever is worn, winning rugby isn’t far away,
Last edited by FlipFlop on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By GoldFinch
I do like the fact that the ladies shirts have The UK Sepsis Trust on the front

Humps For 1 Mile liked this
By FlipFlop
I like the fact that the unveil included the Valkyries. Tough few seasons for them, but with Ms Yapp, better times ahead.
Humps For 1 Mile liked this
By g2forumsm
Away from the kit launch, a few comments on the training-
. Rory Duncan was front and centre in the session which was run ny Omar (as in previous sessions)
. New star winger did not take part in the session
. Other than bressler , none of the second rows took part in the physical sessions, they were off by themselves with the other crocks
. Duncan was apparently crocked in week 2 and is only now coming back into full training
. Big joe looked knackered in the running but effective in the physical stuff
Jamie S has a terrible tattoo
. Ryan m has a terrible haircut
By west brom warrior
I think the third kit is the best but the first two do keep to our colour scheme which is important. I may even be tempted to buy the third strip.
By MSR-Worcester
Like all 3 kits. Think the colours are nicely blended. Simple and stylish. No hoops but more of a rugby league style.

Best kit since the 15/16 season with the light/dark blue hoops.
By TVM
MSR-Worcester wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:59 am
Like all 3 kits. Think the colours are nicely blended. Simple and stylish. No hoops but more of a rugby league style.

Best kit since the 15/16 season with the light/dark blue hoops.
Is it as long ago as that?! A personal favourite
By TVM
I certainly seem to be in the minority.

Like the away one though.
By Pirate of St P’s
My significant other thought that the vertical line on the front draws the eyes towards the players ‘gentleman vegetables’. I can’t unsee that now. :dizzy:

I like the kit overall. As a few have said, I think the home kit is a bit bland but not offensive. As long as the beast wrapped up in the kit plays with all their heart and is proud to represent their team, they can wear a flour sack for all I care.

Bring on the rugby... :pray:
By BehindThePosts
I like the away shirt best but have gone for the home shirt just because its the right colours.

As an aside I've no issue with my vegetables being highlighted. Makes an improvement over a curry stain!
By FlipFlop
TVM wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 am
Wasn’t the M element of your curren posting name Minority many moons ago?

Nothing wrong with minority status anyway :mrgreen:

Although not representative of Warrior support, the chatter on this thread about the kit does seem more enthused than prior years
By TVM
FlipFlop wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:24 am
TVM wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 am
Wasn’t the M element of your curren posting name Minority many moons ago?

Nothing wrong with minority status anyway :mrgreen:

Although not representative of Warrior support, the chatter on this thread about the kit does seem more enthused than prior years
Aye - very many moons. The Vocal Minority. And absolutely owt wrong with it.

I think even though I find the home one a little plain, it is still superior to the last couple of seasons. And to be honest, I think a lot of the fan base - at least on VFT22 seem reasonably chipper of mood at the moment.

(If I was feeling cheeky I would suggest that one hall mark of the grumpy is disliking change, so it's the cheerful, optimistic types about here :)
By FlipFlop
TVM,

YOu know as well as I that once some Rugby proliferates this forum, then grumpy a plenty, therewill be!
By TeflonTed
There may be a few grumpy English supporters by this time tomorrow.

Just barely beating Ireland won’t do, England need a flowing error free game that doesn’t rely on just bashing it up, and I don’t think we’ll see that.
By patgadd
Don't entirely agree, Ted. England just need to start winning and keep winning to build up the momentum now. I don't wish to descend to watching Sky, so if your man could ring my man with the result, it would be appreciated.
By FlipFlop
TT, you’re picking up Gats skills in winding up opponents.!

As with Pre season stuff, if we lose, so be it, as long as we know why and how to correct before the real rugby starts.
By TeflonTed
patgadd wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:36 pm
Don't entirely agree, Ted. England just need to start winning and keep winning to build up the momentum now. I don't wish to descend to watching Sky, so if your man could ring my man with the result, it would be appreciated.
My financial advisor wishes me to remind you that a 24 hour NowTV pass would enable you to not only watch proceedings this afternoon from Twickenham, but also catch the England cricket team in action earlier today as they continue to be beaten up by a bunch of colonials.

And all for only £8.99.

Some folk will spend similar sums today on rolling up bits of dried weed into a little paper tube, sticking it in their mouths, and setting fire to it.
By TeflonTed
FlipFlop wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:57 am
TT, you’re picking up Gats skills in winding up opponents.!

As with Pre season stuff, if we lose, so be it, as long as we know why and how to correct before the real rugby starts.
Ah look...( have you noticed that all antipodean sports coaches start every sentence with “ah look”? ) Gats is sharp enough for a country bumpkin from Hamilton via Waikato, but he didn’t stay long enough around Dublin to really cut it in proper debate, Eddie is far sharper with the verbal barbs.

Shame he’s not quite such a sharp coach though eh?
By FlipFlop
Mrs Ted took your observations okay, Ted re Ireland? Extra chores as a penance for your cheek.

Re The Rugby, England won’t win RWC on that performance anymore than Ireland and Schmidt will be written off, as well you know Ted.

Need the real stuff now then the verbals can start in earnest
TeflonTed liked this
By abberley
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:16 am
My financial advisor wishes me to remind you that a 24 hour NowTV pass...
...And all for only £8.99.
Have just discovered that a 24hr Sports Pass can now be purchased with only £3 worth of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers (or a week's pass for £5 of vouchers) making it even more difficult to avoid.
:thinking:
By TeflonTed
abberley wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:29 am
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:16 am
My financial advisor wishes me to remind you that a 24 hour NowTV pass...
...And all for only £8.99.
Have just discovered that a 24hr Sports Pass can now be purchased with only £3 worth of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers (or a week's pass for £5 of vouchers) making it even more difficult to avoid.
:thinking:
Problem being that that requires visiting Tesco’s, not something I’m in favour of!
By Abmatt
Surely you don’t visit there, you just send your man? Or is it Waitrose?
By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:34 pm
Surely you don’t visit there, you just send your man? Or is it Waitrose?
You know me too well.
By poyntonshark
Teflon Ted
Just barely beating Ireland won’t do
Teflon Ted
but also catch the England cricket team in action earlier today as they continue to be beaten up by a bunch of colonials.

You didn't buy lottery tickets this week did you?

FYI, its the England and WALES cricket team
By TeflonTed
poyntonshark wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:24 am
Teflon Ted
Teflon Ted
but also catch the England cricket team in action earlier today as they continue to be beaten up by a bunch of colonials.

Lottery tickets, no. With my predictive talents it wouldn’t be fair to the general population for me to keep winning every week.

Cricket....yes, fair point, I recall from my time in Swansea that there was a rather large field, which would have made at least 2 decent rugby training pitches, which was regularly mown virtually to the roots and had some sticks stuck in it and a dozen or so blokes strangely dressed in white running around shouting strange things like “Oh good line chummers old chap” and other unintelligible phrases.

They all seemed to have names ending in “ers” as well.
By patgadd
Speaking of which, have you ever noticed a strange conundrum here? In the depths of winter, on a freezing frosty February day, rugby players (and soccer players too, to be fair) run on to the field wearing flimsy shorts and sleeveless tops, whereas in the summer, even with the thermometer rising past 30, cricketers wear long flannel trousers, long sleeved shirts and very often a sweater, or even two sweaters. I once saw someone wearing three sweaters!
By poyntonshark
Was mentioned in commentary that Stuart Broad had gone out to bat wearing a sweater, on possibly the hottest day Leeds has ever seen.
By TVM
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:12 am
poyntonshark wrote:
Teflon Ted
Teflon Ted

Lottery tickets, no. With my predictive talents it wouldn’t be fair to the general population for me to keep winning every week.

Cricket....yes, fair point, I recall from my time in Swansea that there was a rather large field, which would have made at least 2 decent rugby training pitches, which was regularly mown virtually to the roots and had some sticks stuck in it and a dozen or so blokes strangely dressed in white running around shouting strange things like “Oh good line chummers old chap” and other unintelligible phrases.

Par for the course, Tedders
TeflonTed liked this
By GoldFinch
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:12 am
poyntonshark wrote:
Teflon Ted
Teflon Ted

or "ie" as in BroadIE, BurnsIE, WoodIE.....
By TVM
Whilst this is true, Finchie, I would say that is more of a universal. See Ryan 'Millsy', Matt 'Coxy' and GJ Van Velzey.*

The Aggers, Jonners, Blowers effect seems to be a uniquely cricketing trait in my limited experience.

Just an observation.

*I may or may not have made one of these up.
By butthead
I vaguely recall during an Exeter visit sat near some typically noisy Chiefs fans who were chanting variations of their players' surnames, suffixed with O during (e.g. Steen-o) during the team announcements. Beer inspired us to copy the same idea with our team, which we found highly amusing, particularly with a certain England and Lions inside centre. We did struggle with Alafoti Fa'osiliva, though.
By FlipFlop
Radio silence from The Valleys and beyond The Chateau :yikes:

Ah well....
By TeflonTed
FlipFlop wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:08 pm
Radio silence from The Valleys and beyond The Chateau :yikes:

Ah well....
Here now...been a busy day, just caught up on recording having journeyed back from Nant y Moel with Johnny Cash discs filling the silence.

Well....we did field the seconds didn’t we? (And a few thirds)
By FlipFlop
Teflon? You’re more slippy than eels in a bowl of Castrol GTX! :mrgreen:
By TeflonTed
FlipFlop wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:47 pm
Teflon? You’re more slippy than eels in a bowl of Castrol GTX! :mrgreen:
I didn’t earn the tag for nothing!

Seriously though, Ireland were very focussed on winning, Stockdale was immense, and bringing on the likes of Toner, Best, Furlong and Ringrose showed that the win was to be had, even at the risk of injury to 4 absolutely key players.

Gats was on a different mission altogether, and will have learned that he doesn’t have the depth he would like.

Entertaining enough game, be interesting to see what selection tactics are employed next week.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]