By A38
https://warriors.co.uk/2021/03/05/team- ... -warriors/

Warriors | 15 Nick David, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Oli Morris, 12 Francois Venter, 11 Perry Humphreys, 10 Jamie Shillcock, 9 Francois Hougaard, 1 Ethan Waller, 2 Beck Cutting, 3 Nick Schonert, 4 Andrew Kitchener, 5 Justin Clegg, 6 Ted Hill (C), 7 Matt Kvesic, 8 GJ van Velze.

Replacements | 16 Isaac Miller, 17 Marc Thomas, 18 Richard Palframan, 19 Joe Batley, 20 Cornell du Preez, 21 Michael Heaney, 22 Billy Searle, 23 Ashley Beck.

Unavailable | Niall Annett, Anton Bresler, Matt Cox, Alex Hearle, Noah Heward, Sam Lewis, Marco Mama, Matt Moulds, Melani Nanai, Duncan Weir, Matti Williams. International duty | Ollie Lawrence.
By TeflonTed
Bristol's unavailable list is giving them some concern......

Unavailable: Harry Thacker, Bryan Byrne, Kyle Sinckler, Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Ben Earl, James Dun, Nathan Hughes, Harry Randall, Chris Cook, Max Malins, Ioan Lloyd, Sam Bedlow, Semi Radradra, Siale Piutau, Luke Morahan, Charles Piutau.

To be fair, that's a decent chunk of their best players missing.

They'd almost make a decent team on their own!
By Warrior7
Not to get too excited (it's Worcester) but this will arguably be pretty much any team's best chance of beating Bristol this season.

David at 15 is an exciting prospect, he's certainly looked very good under the high ball this season and has the best core skills out of our back 3 players (not to mention the running game). Chuffed to see Cutting finally getting a start alongside our first choice props.

The thing that worries me is the power that Attwood/Joyce/Vui will generate for them and the lineout skills of those players. Lets hope it isn't as painful when Miller gets on the field this week.

Their bench is nowhere near as strong as usual, you'd like to think we have the edge with Batley, Du Preez, Searle and Beck.
By FlipFlop
With the best will in the world, Lam will know that match day squad can still dispense with Wsrriors, playing like they have most of this season. JT and the ex- Brizzlers will want to get one over their old employer but the league positions don’t lie. It would take something remarkable to win. I hope that performance happens, but it’s only hope for me.
By Flumpty
I've got my beers lined up and my seat is reserved on the sofa for the game this afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing how Ashton goes for you and hopefully seeing an "Ash Splash" in a Wuss shirt.
By FlipFlop
Better result than expected but the Briz half squad still out scored us 4 tries to 2. Promising, but sadly another defeat when a win seemed more plausible.
By FlipFlop
TT, he is indeed. 1 player though, to be unplayable and win a game. We don’t have one of those. Arguably a player who may come closest to that tag is in a bubble waiting to not be picked for England.
By Latecomer
In my view our MOM wasn't even playing ! Niall on commentry was brilliant, knowledgeable, even handed and easy to listen to.
The best (by a country mile) of the the 'home' analysists engaged by BT in the latest rounds of matches.
To those 'home' analysists who have peed us off with their biased observations over the last few games - that's how it should be done :yes:

Regarding the game itself, after a shakey first 15 mins, I thought we gave a decent account of ourselves. Sure there were the usual frustrating balls ups when in good positions but overall I did see improvement.
Did anyone else notice Kitch the Younger upset Sheedy when he kicked the ball dead at the end.
I know he can be a bit of a hot head but it showed for me his frustration/disappointment that we hadn't held on for the win.
I suppose in other words, it showed he cares very much.
Warrior7, Abmatt liked this
By Warrior7
Another lesson in taking our opportunities, it's so frustrating that we can't hold onto the ball when we're just about to score. The Venter try showed what we can really do.

I was impressed with our locks today. Both Clegg and Kitch were good in both attack and defence, well done to them. Briz fans always like to throw a tantrum when they play us, always have been like it - cheap shots aren't okay but if you're going to taunt the opposition and not show them respect by not kicking the ball off the field then you're asking for someone to come in and do that. Anyone hear Mark Wilson's comment at the end of the Eng v Wales game last weekend?
By TeflonTed
Latecomer, you’re dead right about Nial.

I did notice he corrected himself at one point when talking about Worcester as “we”, and quickly went back to “Worcester” to stay as neutral as possible.

Good on him.
Warrior7, Abmatt liked this
By poyntonshark
I'm a bit surprised that you are not more upset. I thought there were 2 possible penalties to Wuss in the build up to Bris' second try. David seemed to be clearly barged by the Bris wing as he followed the kick. Then Ashton was cleared out with head to head contact. No intent from the Bris Hooker whatsoever, but head to head is either dangerous or it isn't. Ashton was unable to continue after HIA. Then there was the Kvesic? "Try". He clearly touched the ball down on the line, the only question for me is whether he also touched it down before the line. Maxwell House showed Barnesy like arrogance by refusing to even look. Even so you did have enough opportunities to win that, so much like watching Sale in many ways, though a good deal more entertaining than Sale of late.
By TeflonTed
My take on the Kvesic “try” is that hemight well have had his hands on it, but so did the Briz player, and Kev didn’t Carrie over, and was on the ground when he reached out to touch it, so no try on both counts.

The Ashton head knock should have been looked at, we’re hard done by, again.
By poyntonshark
Since when did you have to be on your feet to score a try? I think he actually knocked the ball out of Uren's hands, as I first thought Uren had knocked knock on as I didn't realise it was a wuss player.
By TeflonTed
poyntonshark wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:44 pm
Since when did you have to be on your feet to score a try? I think he actually knocked the ball out of Uren's hands, as I first thought Uren had knocked knock on as I didn't realise it was a wuss player.
From what I could see he was on the ground and not in possession,( he couldn’t have been since you can see the hand reach out to touch the ball), and you can’t play the ball on the ground unless you took it there with you!
By Abmatt
I haven’t watched the match again, but if I recall correctly he was having a go a few times, but didn’t actually touch it down until uren took it over.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]