By g2forumsm
I did ask this on the other site, but nobody had any real answers, over to you guys - it many be me and I have missed it somewhere, but has it been announced officially where schonert is off to? Given that most contracts start July 1st, I would have thought there would be some news
By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:19 am
Was is officially announced he was off?
He gave a very emotional farewell speech at the end of season party held at what was to have been the Glaws game.

There was no doubt whatsoever that he was leaving, or at least he thought so!

Something seems to have gone tits-up somewhere. Shame.
By A38
I presume that if Club X buys a player out of his contract with Club Y that the agreed payment comes out of Club X's salary cap allowance.
By FlipFlop
He was definitely in the leavers section in WEN.

Given that he and Callum have a coffee business ( which Rugby player doesn’t) in the city, can’t imagine further travel than to Glaws or Wasps to continue playing. But of course as we broadly know or assume players in his position are not cheap and few clubs know how they’ll fair financially in the near future and so unless desperate, they might not stump up cash. Of course, he could pitch up virtually anywhere, and no doubt haunt us in the future.
By Abmatt
g2forumsm wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:30 pm
Abmatt wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:19 am
Was is officially announced he was off?
Back in June ...

https://www.malverngazette.co.uk/sport/ ... sed-early/

Again somebody on the other site, saying is he having second thoughts with the signing of Sutherland, would be nice, but everything I have heard is that there is/was a major disconnect between Schonert and JT
I have heard that he was one of the players who didn’t work hard enough in training and bitter heads with JT
By A38
JT at the Meet the Coaches evening certainly referred to certain players (unnamed) who had had to be "reminded" of his requirements in respect of training.
By TeflonTed
Reports in another place reportedly don’t seem to agree that the reported rift between Sharky and JT is terminal.

Seems a great shame for him, clearly something is amiss with his planned move to Sale.
By g2forumsm
TeflonTed wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:26 pm
Reports in another place reportedly don’t seem to agree that the reported rift between Sharky and JT is terminal.

Seems a great shame for him, clearly something is amiss with his planned move to Sale.
The other place is also saying. that the owners messed him around with the contact and he has signed for sale. Allegedly he will live in Manchester and his wife will commute to Birmingham (Wouldn't fancy that commute)
By TeflonTed
g2forumsm wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:25 am
TeflonTed wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:26 pm

The other place is also saying. that the owners messed him around with the contact and he has signed for sale. Allegedly he will live in Manchester and his wife will commute to Birmingham (Wouldn't fancy that commute)
Altrincham. Mentioned by a certain player we spoke to at length at the end of season bash. A player who knows the area well enough! I don't think he thought he was being indiscrete since everyone expected an announcement imminently.
By poyntonshark
Alty to Birmingham commute could be quite pleasant, all depends on the timing. If she's a 9 to 5 er she'll be looking for a transfer before Christmas.
By TeflonTed
poyntonshark wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:00 pm
Alty to Birmingham commute could be quite pleasant, all depends on the timing. If she's a 9 to 5 er she'll be looking for a transfer before Christmas.
Never mind 9to5.
You clearly haven’t experienced the M6 Southbound from about Stafford (where I once lived for 7 years and commuted to Bham Jewellery Quarter) in the last 20 years or so! The only time of the day that could be described as quite pleasant is probably between midnight and 06:00hrs.
By poyntonshark
Not experienced it on a regular basis since 2005, but ran South from Macclesfield area down the M6 on Friday afternoons quite regularly before that, a breeze if I left Macc before about 2:30pm. Granted I sailed right past Birmingham as any sane traveller would.
TeflonTed liked this
By TeflonTed
And finally!!

Sharky the Shark announced.

Good luck to him, most particularly with the Sale fitness and conditioning coaches.

It now seems pretty well established from multiple sources that his relationship with JT got “difficult” on the issue of training.
By dinogyro
TeflonTed wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:20 pm
poyntonshark wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:00 pm
The only time of the day that could be described as quite pleasant is probably between midnight and 06:00hrs.
And that's exactly when the roadworks start!
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]