As Sportsmail revealed last year, Umbro will become England rugby’s kit suppliers after the Six Nations in a multi-million-pound deal. And it would appear the Cheshire-based firm, historically associated with football, are not done there. Sources say they have set their sights on agreements with ‘a couple’ of Premiership rugby sides for next season.
I understand that we are changing kit supplier next
season are Wuss also in the frame with Umbro for next season
On the subject of replica kit, it’s my observation that the season ticket holders sitting around where I sit are wearing less and less branded kit. There’s quite a few peaked caps, (essential east stand anti-glare for a lot if the season) and a few of the heavy padded winter coats (Kukri vintage) but not a lot else. And I don’t mean just winter either, there’s only one chap near me who regularly wears a replica top.

We know Colin & Jason see the shop as underperforming, and intend to refresh the range. I wonder what the pricing strategy will be?
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:49 pm
On the subject of replica kit, it’s my observation that the season ticket holders sitting around where I sit are wearing less and less branded kit. There’s quite a few peaked caps, (essential east stand anti-glare for a lot if the season) and a few of the heavy padded winter coats (Kukri vintage) but not a lot else. And I don’t mean just winter either, there’s only one chap near me who regularly wears a replica top.

We know Colin & Jason see the shop as underperforming, and intend to refresh the range. I wonder what the pricing strategy will be?
There are quite a few yellow pompomed (sp?) woolly hats about but I do take your point.

In a way I don't find it that surprising as performance on the field must be a factor. The air of enthusiasm which was abroad in the early years of the Premiership has deteriorated over the years. In those days it was quite common to walk along the High Street and see the club's kit worn. It's very rare these days to see it and it's certainly not the latest stuff.

It would not surprise me if the club shop was running at a loss - but it's been outsourced hasn't it ? I wonder who bears any losses.
Did I read somewhere that Colin & Jason are bringing the shop back under club control?

As to acceptability of product , I’m going to presume the vast majority don’t care what design they’re buying, it’s “The new stuff” and is either bought or ignored.

Absolutely nothing to do with club identity and branding of course.

They’ll wake up one day.
Pears, egg, pears, egg*, design, design, hoops etc., debate debate debate, groan.

None of that really matters. Win more games, get the wider public excited about Worcester Warriors, Make the city proud of the club, get more visibility in the city through local visual advertising and linking up with high street stores to sell the stuff. The kit sales will come.

*Thought I'd mention the logo design before anyone else did :shhh:
BehindThePosts wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:19 pm
Pears, egg, pears, egg*, design, design, hoops etc., debate debate debate, groan.

None of that really matters. Win more games, get the wider public excited about Worcester Warriors, Make the city proud of the club, get more visibility in the city through local visual advertising and linking up with high street stores to sell the stuff. The kit sales will come.

*Thought I'd mention the logo design before anyone else did :shhh:
Said nowt, but now you mention it...............
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]