By patgadd
Looking at the timetable for today. I see that there is a Miles Benjamin Q & A in the Fanzone at 2 p.m. I wish the club had given that more publicity; the man is a legend and it would be horrible if nobody attended because nobody knew about it! I can't even find it on the website, but it's on Twitter.
By TeflonTed
Odd isn’t it?

I can’t find anything on the offie other than the standard bit about the fanzone in the matchday hub, which says :-
“There will be live music pre and post-match, as well as a player Q&A and also lots of activities in the Kids Zone!”

Which is clearly not specific to any particular matchday is it.
By FlipFlop
Poor treatment of a past player imo.

He was marmite but deserves better than this.

Previously good club or getting sloppy with this type of incident. Maybe he’s turned down the Ambassador role :doh:
By Ms. Citlalli Kiehn DDS
Very disappointed we missed seeing him. I didn’t pick up anything about him being there today. I don’t do Twatter (I have an account but very rarely log in) and organisations need to recognise that they need to use other channels to inform people.

I hope Miles has another opportunity to meet fans as I for one appreciate his and all former Warriors efforts for the club.

Come on Warriors, the avowed intent to engage former players needs a bit more effort.
TeflonTed liked this
By west brom warrior
Twitter and social media (Instagram and Facebook) is the way to do mass communications for organisations. People requiring emails or other forms of notice are in the minority these days as such the best way to stay in touch is to follow the club on these channels.
WBW, the club send me numerous emails before and after the match. Are you telling me they couldn’t have included some additional information? email is just as valid a modern, electronic, efficient communication method as anything else.
A38 liked this
By g2forumsm
Wah-RE-or wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:10 pm
WBW, the club send me numerous emails before and after the match. Are you telling me they couldn’t have included some additional information? email is just as valid a modern, electronic, efficient communication method as anything else.
If you get the pre-match email telling you the order of the day it was in there. One of the issues with email is that people ignore the ones which look familiar and say mainly the same every time (I am guilty of this).
G2f, I do get the emails but having just checked them again now and I, as before the match, cannot see any reference to Miles at all.

I appreciate it’s easy to skim over regular issues of information but given this was the first “event” of this type in what is an avowed intent of the club to re-engage with former players a little more highlighting of it wouldn’t have gone amiss.

I’m intrigued as to why I can’t find any reference on my mails though in case I am missing out on information so perhaps you could screenshot the reference or I’ll pm you my email address if you wouldn’t mind forwarding the mail?
By TeflonTed
I had 3 emails pre the Wasps game, and that should be enough. I don’t want to have to check fbk and twatter as well, neither of which I much care for. As far as I can see there’s no mention of the Miles event on any of them (the emails), although, (usual disclaimer) I’m quite happy to stand corrected if anyone can show me what I’ve missed.

Jan22, headed “ Van Velze prepares to...”
Jan 24, headed “Team News...Warriors v.....”
Jan 24, headed “matchday information....”
By patgadd
You're right; it wasn't included in the matchday information email, but an amended version of that timetable was tweeted on the day of the match. Somebody's been a very naughty boy (or girl).
By Latecomer
g2forumsm wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:45 pm
If you get the pre-match email telling you the order of the day it was in there. One of the issues with email is that people ignore the ones which look familiar and say mainly the same every time (I am guilty of this).
No mention of Miles's Q&A in the order of the day email g2f ??
By g2forumsm
My bad as youngsters say today - the last one I saw was on Facebook , not email. Blame it old age.
By TeflonTed
g2forumsm wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:37 pm
My bad as youngsters say today - the last one I saw was on Facebook , not email. Blame it old age.
You’re excused, although consulting fbk may lead to further sanctions.
Quins game

It looks like our injury woes are viewed as an opp[…]

Blanket

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]