By Warrior7
8 - 8 at half time, should be leading with the amount of chances we've had so far. Also dominant defence, not sure I've seen Leicester make a line-break yet.

They're doing well to force knockons though, and poor discipline has let us down. Mills dropped a high ball (backwards) and kicked one out on the full already - maybe a bit rusty but he does not look his usual self.
By OverTheBorder
Both disappointed added to frustration after witnessing the Wuss boys starring at the ball instead of picking it up which lead to the Leicester try.

Two poor teams playing today
By A38
If Worcester was a soccer team we would soon be hearing from the owners that they have every confidence in the "manager".

But it's not.

That said, many of us have reflected on the pattern emerging as far as games in 2020 are concerned and see a slide of disappointment. It seems unlikely given recent form that next Friday evening will see that pattern reversed.

Whilst it is quite appropriate to look at each game and point to narrow margins, it is the pattern which is the key issue - not whether so and so gave away a stupid penalty at a crucial point, or whether the referee was wrong. Over time those things even out.

I think it unlikely that we shall see much change for the rest of the season. There's not a great deal of incentive given that three coaches are leaving and the majority of the players are already contracted.

So, my attention will be on the prospects for next season and particularly who will have the ability to drive the squad forward.

And on that will rest a decision as to whether or not to renew my season ticket.
By W4rriorz1980
Myself & the Warriors fans around me could clearly see Tiger's no 17 dipping his elbow & pulling the scrum down.We get penalised & they get their final penalty as a result.Tigers frequently pushed early in the scrum also.
By TeflonTed
Didn’t go today. With Patgadd and me missing, the hex was clearly on the game from the outset.

If anyone needs reassurance that a rugby game can be a good thing to watch (and that referees in rugby are gracious enough to apologise to players when they make pretty horrendous mistakes) I’d suggest getting hold of a replay of Quins V Ex today.
By SimonG
No he apologised to Quins for his mistake in stopping play to award them a penalty just as they were about to touch down the winning try a while before his mistake in awarding a penalty try.

All in all the right result as Rob Baxter very graciously said in his post-match interview.
By Simba
Yes I am aware of that.
But two wrongs do not make a right. The ref backed up his initial error with quins with an error for chiefs.
He was gracious enough to app ologies to quins for being a touch hasty on the whistle, did he also apologise to chiefs for the penalty try that should not have been?
By poyntonshark
TeflonTed wrote:If anyone needs reassurance that a rugby game can be a good thing to watch (and that referees in rugby are gracious enough to apologise to players when they make pretty horrendous mistakes) I’d suggest getting hold of a replay of Quins V Ex today.
I doubt any of you could bear it, but you could re-watch your game. The ref was pretty apologetic when he bowled Shilcock over.

I've been struck recently at how similar your board is to how the Sale board was a season or so ago, I watched your game today and now I know why. Your team plays pretty much like Sale did a season or so go. Enough decent players, some spells of decent ruby, ultimately the architects of your own demise. I couldn't work out the gameplan or see any pattern. From reading the board this seems to be the norm lately. You clearly have some talent, Hill, Lawrence and Humphries stood out, though to be honest, it wasn't difficult to stand out in that game. I fear quite a lot will need to change if you are to hang on to such players for very much longer. Your new owners seem to be making a decent fist of tidying up the administrative side of the club, I hope they haven't been careless in delegating the playing side.
OverTheBorder liked this
By A38
poyntonshark wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:56 pm
Your new owners seem to be making a decent fist of tidying up the administrative side of the club, I hope they haven't been careless in delegating the playing side.
Some valuable comments particularly your last one.

I don't believe that the two owners would claim any particular expertise as far as the playing side goes and inevitably therefore they do need to delegate that side of the business to a rugby professional.

And I do use the word "business" deliberately because they will be only too well aware that if current results persist ticket sales will drop off considerably - maybe not immediately but we are not far off the season ticket sales time of year.

So the question you pose implicitly is whether they are being "careless" in persisting with Alan Solomons.

I have an idea that this coming week will be a crucial one for the club and for Solomons in particular.

If the rumours are right, there could well be some news of "ins" after last week's "out" announcements. The quality of those "ins" will be judged against what the other Premiership clubs have been able to do in the market.

Friday night will see Northampton Saints at Sixways. The result here will be critical. It may be unfortunate that it is a Friday night game, that Northampton are a top team, that it is on TV and that Worcester could well be short of experienced locks because of injuries. It won't be the relegation decider it might well have been in a "normal" season but it could be a decider in other ways. At other times, a loss could be explained away because and we would all shrug and move on.

But now?

It does all come down to what the owners want for the club: muddle on and hope that the new coaching team will fully exploit the talent they have available or ...
By west brom warrior
Are we on holiday as a team already? Same mistakes week after week and nothing improves. Pretty much all the coaches are departing at the end of the season and its showing on the pitch. The club is very much in limbo right now and while next season the coaching team will be new the players are pretty much going to be the same so the question is can the new coaching team get that extra few percent out of them to turn narrow defeats into victories?
By FlipFlop
I like Ollie's honesty, but in truth the soundbites could have been cut and paste against any player who had been put forward by the club.

It's media sound bites, nothing more.

Not doubting his integrity to be part of getting it put right.

Sadly this kind of comment and AS "i'll be speaking to Ref's Boss...." are not dissimilar to the kind of comments made under DR.

Saints will be rubbing their hands with glee at a chance to write off their last 2 performances . Not sure who we'll have still standing to make any kind of Defence on Friday. Can only hope the 'Magic sponge' of the Meds helps get a couple of Locks fit otherwise Saints will just go Lineout crazy all night long, or wait for the likely pens to arrive and take easy 3's.

Deja Vu- i've seen it all before used to be a strap line of a poster on SN (and maybe even on here). Sadly, our current predicament, plus the media noise is exactly Deja Vu, but of a bad kind.
By Underdog
I didn't see that game, but have just watched the c5 highlights (and the extended highlights on youtube). Some rambling thoughts follow:

The error that gave them an opportunity to score a try, although well finished, was an absolute sickener and one I doubt we will see again soon. Good lesson for poor Nick David, who I imagine will be very keen to avoid that situation again. That and the last minute kick missing against Bath are the difference between two closes losses and two close wins, so I can see what Solly means when he says we aren't far off some better results.

But who can honestly say we look like going out there and really cuffing a team, making those errors irrelevant? It was very hard to watch the highlights of the other games, in which almost every other team played with some ambition and verve (I realise it's the highlights). I just can't think of better circumstances for the team to go for it - away to a place we've won twice in a row, against the team beneath us while they're shorn of their best few players. I'm sure conditions were a handful, but watching all of the other teams, it is striking that they look coached to score, with backs hanging off shoulders in wait for an offload or to support a line break. With a few exceptions (involving the likes of Lawrence and Humphreys), we just don't. That could well be confidence I suppose.

I know I'm a complete broken record on this topic, but I do feel very sorry for Jono Lance this season. Weir has won us a fair few of those tight games earlier in the season with his kicking, but I remember when Lance came in a few seasons ago and helped transform our attacking play. He's had two starts this season in the premiership. One was our away win against Quins, and the other was the drubbing we received as Nigel Wray's leaving present from Saracens. The former seemed to be forgotten immediately and the latter seemed to be used to justify keeping him out. I would still like to see him start, particularly if we are light in the pack with Bres and Kitch possibly injured. We won't be able to play off muscular defence and good lineout without those two, and wouldn't you love to see Lawrence flying onto his flat passing?

If you offered me three or four more wins this season but playing the same style of rugby, or one more win but seeing the team playing with ambition, pace and giving the young contracted players their head a bit more, I think I'd know which I'd pick.
BishBash, Abmatt liked this
Falcons

Not on TNT??? I think it's PRTV only

Richards

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]