By A38

I came across this youtube video of the France - England game in 1992.

The quality of the video could be better but I was struck by the changes between then and now.

One obvious change is the lineout - with no lifting. In addition, 4 points for a try, no problem with high tackles, kicking off with a stationery ball and no tactical substitutions.

What else have I missed?

PS: David Pears? Didn't he appear at Sixways for Worcester? But perhaps my memory is playing tricks.
By patgadd
I recently watched the previous year's RWC game between France and England at Parc des Princes - I was there with three friends and we all met at least two people we knew in a bar after the game! You're right though; look again at the scrums and you'll find they rarely took more than 20 seconds from start to finish.
By abberley
A38 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:15 pm
PS: David Pears? Didn't he appear at Sixways for Worcester? But perhaps my memory is playing tricks.

ISTR Geoff Cooke brought David Pears to Worcester around the end of the last century?
Can't recall him managing a full 80 mins and think he ended up in the 2nd team. He was asked to stay [and presumably get fit] but ended up at his home club Wharfedale.
Last edited by abberley on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ms. Citlalli Kiehn DDS
Surprised at the protection around the ref at the end of the match. A real positive that there’s lees need now.
Falcons

Their team doesn't look that bad on paper. bu[…]

Tom Curry OMG

I just hope he takes his time and is patient. Jus[…]

No intrusion at all. Come on in - the waters love[…]

Queen