By A38
http://warriors.co.uk/2020/09/11/date-c ... -saracens/

Saracens on that Wednesday at home with Sale on the following Sunday.

It will be interesting to see what pattern of selection AS goes for. If he follows the same pattern as hitherto the "1st XV" will play against Saracens whilst the "2nd XV" goes to Sale.

Those games will be after a 2 1/2 week gap with the 2020/21 season to start after another gap. So there is the opportunity to vary the pattern, maybe by blending?

But that's a long time in the future.
By TeflonTed
Strange times, 2 games that don’t matter a tinker’s toss in terms of league position, against 2 of the top teams in terms of current form.

We’ll lose them both, and the current injury list doesn’t need adding to does it.

Should Solly select with an eye to protecting the more vital players and keeping them fresh for the new season, or should he be trying combinations including possible returnees from the sick bay?

I can’t decide, but in a peculiar way the selection for the last 2 games will almost be more interesting than the results.

We just need to find a bit of form this afternoon and surprise Irish.
By ROLLO
If the result of the Sale game had a real bearing on the top 4 finishers ( or is finishee's ? :yes: ) I think we have a obligation to field our strongest squad. Remember Sale missed out on a bonus point in their last game so that and points difference could have a big influence.
By FlipFlop
Can’t take the belief that neither game matters Ted. We’re not canny enough to be able to switch on results to suit.

Blended teams for both games with the stronger mix being versus Sale so Dimes can explode, hopefully with fury at his team or officials, after a damaging Warriors win.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By TeflonTed
FlipFlop wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:11 pm
Can’t take the belief that neither game matters Ted. We’re not canny enough to be able to switch on results to suit.

Blended teams for both games with the stronger mix being versus Sale so Dimes can explode, hopefully with fury at his team or officials, after a damaging Warriors win.
I’ll quote myself:- “2 games that don’t matter a tinker’s toss in terms of league position”.

In terms of league position, difficult to see how that’s arguable! Only if we were to win both games with a bonus point, and Glaws, immediately above us in the table, were to gain only 1 point from their remaining games, would we go ahead of them into 8th place (on number of wins, points difference is second filter).

And how likely is that? So, yes, in terms of league position they don’t matter, in all other respects of course they matter, which is why I said “ but in a peculiar way the selection for the last 2 games will almost be more interesting than the results.”

M’lud, I rest my case.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By FlipFlop
Should be changing your name to Tetchy Ted. Early start got you?

Of course, your response is clear and undeniable in its accuracy. Apologies. :silenced:
By TeflonTed
FlipFlop wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:25 pm
Should be changing your name to Tetchy Ted. Early start got you?

Of course, your response is clear and undeniable in its accuracy. Apologies. :silenced:
Ah I’m spending too much time talking to the Irish branch, where every opportunity for a difference in opinion needs robustly following through, just for the craic.

I wasn’t being tetchy, and if it looked like I was I apologise.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]