By W4rriorz1980
Re-signings maybe?

Have we the money after we turned down De Wee which may or may not have been a financial decision?

Can't imagine Mudariki would've taken much off the wage bill.

Maybe another prop to replace him.
By Fuzzy Dunlop
" Update | Both will be announced this afternoon at 4pm!"

Would be odd to use the 'new' emoji in the tweet if they were re-signings but we shall see.
By west brom warrior
Welcome to both of them, in George Merrick we have signed a big old unit and in Marc Thomas an experienced scrummager which is what we needed.
By TeflonTed
Sound recruitment. Good experienced players to add some decent depth without breaking the bank.
By Underdog
Both seem like good signings to me. The right level of experience given the amount of guys that stepped up from the academy last year. Nice to have the pack bolstered too.
By TeflonTed
Tight head Jack Owlett

Jack Owlett is a professional rugby union player for Premiership side Wasps. He predominantly plays as a tighthead prop, but can also cover as a loosehead prop. Whilst studying BA Business and Management, Owlett was a key part of the University of Exeter side which lifted the BUCS title at Twickenham Stadium in 2016. Wikipedia
Born: 3 February 1995 (age 25 years), London
Height: 1.87 m
Weight: 122 kg
By Underdog
Well he doesn't look too experienced but so far, Mark Irish has got our scrum looking pretty good this season, so I trust his judgement and it's always satisfying to get someone in under the radar and watch them make progress with us.

Welcome Jack!
Warrior7 liked this
By A38
Christian Judge - from Bath

https://warriors.co.uk/2021/02/02/warri ... ian-judge/

Two tight heads signed now - we must be losing some.

Here's the announcement:-

Warriors have made experienced tighthead prop Christian Judge their third signing for next season.

Judge , 28, will arrive at Sixways after two seasons with Bath Rugby having previously helped Saracens win the Gallagher Premiership in 2019.

Although he was born in Wolverhampton, Judge grew up in Cornwall and played his formative rugby for his local club, Launceston, before joining Plymouth Albion in National One.

England Counties international Judge joined Bedford Blues in 2016 before returning to Cornwall when he joined their Championship rivals where his performances – notably his powerful scrummaging – attracted the interest of Saracens who recruited him initially on a loan deal.

“We are delighted that Chris has decided to join Warriors,” said Warriors Director of Rugby Alan Solomons.

“He is an experienced Premiership tighthead prop, whose game is built on his scrummaging. He will be invaluable to us as we look to take the club forward.

“Chris is also a good team man and will fit in well here at Sixways and we all look forward to his arrival next season.”

Judge, who was a County Championship winner with Cornwall in 2015 and 2016, is excited by the prospect of joining Warriors.

“After meeting the coaches and hearing their vision and ambitions for the club I’m really excited about making the move to Sixways in the summer,” he said.

“It is clear they are building something very positive for the future and it feels like the right time to be joining up. I look forward to being a part of their vision for the club at this exciting time.”

Warriors Head Coach Jonathan Thomas and Scrum Coach Mark Irish have been monitoring Judge since his days at Cornish Pirates when they were part of the coaching team at Bristol Bears.

“We have been following him for a few years now and we remember him playing down at Pirates,” Thomas said.

“Like most tightheads he talks passionately about scrummaging. He did well in the little spell he had with Saracens and he’s done the same at Bath. Hopefully we can help him to fulfil his potential here.

“He’s a good player, a really good person and he’s a really positive signing for us.”

Judge is the second tighthead prop to be signed by Warriors for next season following Jack Owlett, who will arrive at Sixways from Wasps. Scotland international wing Duhan van der Merwe will also arrive from Edinburgh during the summer.
By TeflonTed
Looks sound enough doesn’t he. The elephant in the room being the obvious worry about Sharky’s future.
By Abmatt
Sharks parents have moved to the area and he has opened his shop. I don’t think he’ll leave.
By W4rriorz1980
I believe he will stay but as someone mentioned on t'other forum Glaws & Pests are close...

Wouldn't have to move.
By FlipFlop
It would be a shame if NS were to be moving on. With respect these new Front Rowers are not really budging the current first picks IMO.

It would be disappointing if Mr Irish felt NS wasn’t his choice. Injuries haven’t always been kind to NS, either. Not sure how these things get sorted by moving on, but sometimes a change can be needed.

Might have thought others in front row might be moving on but will wait to see.
By ROLLO
I am not sure who Val was mates with !
Schonert, Judge, Owlet & Morris wouldn't look too shabby so that is what I am hoping for, oh and signing a front row called Jury !
By SixNineOne
ROLLO wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:13 pm
I am not sure who Val was mates with !
Schonert, Judge, Owlet & Morris wouldn't look too shabby so that is what I am hoping for, oh and signing a front row called Jury !
Don’t forget you’ll need an executioner as well...
By Underdog
Welcome to CJ. A solid prem player which is always good, and as with Owlett, Mark Irish has enough credit in the bank that I back his decisions and input (he will be thrilled, I'm sure).

I think if our two new boys are replacing Carey and Palframan, then I'm happy with that although quite like both of the latter. If either are replacing Nick, not so much.

Slightly unrelated - has anyone seen or heard if that Bath player is still with us? Verden? I assume he went back when Nick was fit again.
By patgadd
So who are we getting this afternoon? A 9, leaving the options open for a 10 a little while longer, or a 10, signalling that we are still searching for a scrum half? My money's on the former.
By TeflonTed
And the third, and final, signing announcement is Will Chudley, scrum half from Bath. 30 years of age, 5’ 9”, 78kgs (12st 4lbs for A 38).

This clearly points to steady rumours of Francois’ imminent departure being more likely correct than not.

I can’t say Will has made much impression on me, he’s clearly a very experienced Premiership scrummie, if a little on the light side. Still, so was Peter Stringer, and he did OK!
By g2forumsm
I am with TT on this , solid but nothing special. Was second fiddle for the last couple of years at Exeter to Nic White and then the youngsters and seems to have been second fiddle at Bath.
By TeflonTed
I have to say reading the Bath site they’re really not bothered about losing Judge, I wonder what their reaction to Will’s move will be?

As Gary says, solid but not special.

For me we have never had the sort of profile that makes recruiting world class players possible,(until they’re clearly past their best) but the last few years of academy development are quietly bringing some excellent results.
By ROLLO
If he is competent that will do for me. The coaches obviously rate Simpson .
By TeflonTed
Quite happy to see more of Simpson, but a quick look on the offie shows a moustache worthy of M Poirot.

Not quite sure about that.
By FlipFlop
The last 3 signings are....a little underwhelming if I’m honest.

If we have to plunder Bath stock, maybe Priestland could be more beneficial.

Who knows what they’ll bring. Mgt have some form of plan and these guys are part of it, you’d think.

In another world, excluding VDM and CA you might think we’re building for the drop.
By Latecomer
FlipFlop wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:40 pm
The last 3 signings are....a little underwhelming if I’m honest.

If we have to plunder Bath stock, maybe Priestland could be more beneficial.

Who knows what they’ll bring. Mgt have some form of plan and these guys are part of it, you’d think.

In another world, excluding VDM and CA you might think we’re building for the drop.
Reading AJ's posts on 'the the dark side' then we have a couple of higher quality (international standard) signings still to announce.
AJ seems to have his finger on the pulse so don't give up yet Flippy.
By ROLLO
Fidow , Fatialofa and over the years a few others signed with a fanfare.
Lewis, Adams, Heem, and others came unhearalded.
Lets hope for the later.
By g2forumsm
According to the oracle that is AJ (And he is has been pretty impressive in his predictions) they are forwards
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]