By west brom warrior
https://warriors.co.uk/2020/11/15/cecil ... 1937-2020/

Very sad news that Cecil has sadly passed away my condolences with his family. He was a lovely man who did so much I remember our first relegation from the premiership and the following season when we played Moseley Rugby club as he made his way to his seat about half the stand stood up to applaud him. His passion for Worcester allowed us to achieve the dream of the premiership so really the only thing to say is thank you Cecil.
W4rriorz1980, SimonG liked this
By W4rriorz1980
Thank you Cecil for everything.Took Warriors from the bottom to the top.Great man.

A statue has been suggested and I agree.I also echo Dave Bradley's opinion that Cecil deserves a Knighthood.Posthumously now of course.

Scandoulous imho he hasn't got one after all the work he has done.A very selfless man.
By Southstand(again)
Warriors are not what you think of as Warriors.
The warrior is not someone who fights because no-one has the right to take another life.
The warrior for us, is someone who sacrifices himself for the good of others.

Thank you Cecil for the enjoyment you have given us all. and
Thank you Beatrice, Mark and Jill for sharing him with us.
By TVM
W4rriorz1980 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:44 pm
Thank you Cecil for everything.Took Warriors from the bottom to the top.Great man.

A statue has been suggested and I agree.I also echo Dave Bradley's opinion that Cecil deserves a Knighthood.Posthumously now of course.

Scandoulous imho he hasn't got one after all the work he has done.A very selfless man.
A permanent memorial should be put up at the ground. Be it a named stand, or a statue or whatever. But a the biggest single figure in our clubs hitory, and needs recognising as such.

As an aside - A knighthood cannot be held by a non living person - for example Stirling Moss is now just Stirling Moss again, its simply convention, or respect, that people choose to keep referring to him as Sir Stirling, but his knighthood passed with him, technically.

It is a reason why when a knight, who is deceased, is found to have done wrong and the populacce clamour for stripping them of their knighthood - they technically don't have it any more, so people just have to simply stop calling them 'Sir'.
By patgadd
W4rriorz1980 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:59 am
He has an OBE & a CBE.
Now is perhaps not the time to be frivolous, but Cecil himself enjoyed the old honours joke at his own expense, so I don't think it's at all disrespectful to remind us of it:

OBE – "Other Buggers' Efforts"
CBE - "Covers Bloody Everything"

The joke continues to cover most honours, but I can only remember:
MBE – "Measly Bleeding Effort"
KCMG - "Kindly Call Me God"
GCMG - "God Calls Me God"
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By FlipFlop
A stand (maybe the East), named in his honour would be an excellent move as after all, in most respects he did 'build' the site we now go to with his own funds along with backing on field playing development.

I know comparison to football clubs is not always welcome but when Manchester United have a Sir Alex Ferguson Stand and a Sir Bobby Charlton stand, Cecil's impact is worthy of similar IMHO.

If supporters are to contribute to a statue cost, then I would be happy to do so as something more visible too.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By A38
I fully agree about a stand being named - but I would prefer it to be the West Stand as that was the original one. And, selfishly, I could look at it from the East Stand.

New Road of course has stands named after former players.

It would be good, if it is to be a stand, if there was a renaming ceremony when we were all back at Sixways and we could then collectively show our appreciation.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By FlipFlop
A38 wrote: It would be good, if it is to be a stand, if there was a renaming ceremony when we were all back at Sixways and we could then collectively show our appreciation.
Great idea :clap:
By Schneiderlein
Sad news, indeed, and it's a real shame that we probably won't have the opportunity for some months yet to get together and show the affection in which he was held by us supporters and by everyone else involved at the club. I met him on several occasions and he was always a true gent: approachable, down-to-earth and genuine.

All any of us can hope to do before we shuffle off this mortal coil is to make a mark. Cecil certainly made a mark.
TeflonTed, W4rriorz1980, A38 and 1 others liked this
By patgadd
A tribute to Cecil has been posted on the SN site by Guerrier, who I know to be a certain Greg Allen. Here it is:

So very sad to hear this tragic news, thoughts and prays are with Beatrice and his family. Cecil was a true gentlemen, kind, honest, loving but strong and assertive when he needed to be. He created this club we all love, but his contribution was also to England rugby, the Premiership and community/ charity side of the game, which was so truly dear to his heart. He was thankful, so generous with his words and positive until the end. He always wanted Worcester home grown players to succeed, even if they had moved clubs. He was immensely proud and happy that Ollie had just made the England team, as well as Ted’s great progress and positive that the club finished the season so well. He will be very sorely missed, a true legend and someone I personally learnt so much from. Sixways won’t be the same without Cecil’s beaming smile. RIP Cecil.
A38, g2forumsm liked this
By g2forumsm
Somebody on the Tigers site was asking about the current financial involvement of Cecil with the club. I know that he had sold most of his holdings, but on the Tigers site they were adamant that he still had a big involvement via the company that held the players contracts. Anybody know the current set up?
By W4rriorz1980
Honory President wasn't he? No financial involvement for a while iirc.

Not sure though.
By west brom warrior
g2forumsm wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:23 pm
Somebody on the Tigers site was asking about the current financial involvement of Cecil with the club. I know that he had sold most of his holdings, but on the Tigers site they were adamant that he still had a big involvement via the company that held the players contracts. Anybody know the current set up?

I probably know more than I should but Cecil did not have any financial involvement in Worcester since the Allen’s took over. I do however understand that the current owners have previously borrowed money against a sizeable donation outlined in Cecil’s will, this was done a few years ago as I understand it.
By W4rriorz1980
west brom warrior wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:26 am
g2forumsm wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:23 pm

I probably know more than I should but Cecil did not have any financial involvement in Worcester since the Allen’s took over. I do however understand that the current owners have previously borrowed money against a sizeable donation outlined in Cecil’s will, this was done a few years ago as I understand it.
Know more than you should? :eh: :shhh:
By Latecomer
patgadd wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:37 pm
A tribute to Cecil has been posted on the SN site by Guerrier, who I know to be a certain Greg Allen.
Hopefully Guerrier won't be TOO upset that you violated his anonimity Pat !! :yikes:
By patgadd
I sent him a PM, though to anybody who followed his previous correspondence on SN his identity will have been obvious for a long time!
By Abmatt
During the takeover wasn’t he removed from all the listings on companies house. I’m pretty sure he has had no financial involvement for a while since midway through the Allen era.
By TeflonTed
butthead wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:06 pm
A fitting final farewell tour of Worcester this Friday - https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/18 ... -worcester

Yes, an excellent idea. I was a little surprised by this comment:-

“Mr Duckworth’s final stop will be at Sixways to honour the work he did for Worcester Warriors. Although fans are asked not to attend this part of the tour “

I would have thought there was plenty of room for the locally based supporters to show their appreciation for this wonderful man without compromising social distancing. And what better place??
By butthead
Yes, of all locations I'd have thought Sixways would be the most appropriate, but it's the wishes of his widow, so obviously should be respected.

RIP Cecil

(bloody) spade

I had assumed that when focus on attack was mentio[…]

Team vs Exeter

Is Reed on the naughty step (I thought he was go[…]

The full back berth is the one I'm more concerned […]