By Latecomer
For "Echoes" maybe substitute "recycling" ??
I think the young author of the article is still trying to find his way in the sports journalism field.
Like a lot of his generation it seems he relies heavily on social media and many of his posts could just as easily come from an enthusiastic supporter.
Not going out of my way to disrespect the lad but I don't think the article is at all balanced.
Oh, and the salary cap reduction will apply to / affect all teams surely ??
By Freypal
I'd view it as a good thing, at least some questions are being asked that are critical rather than just acting as a media outlet for the club... It puts the view points and questions to a wider audience
A38, TeflonTed liked this
By ROLLO
No Latecomer it will not.
Exeter, Bristol , Saints and I think Sale signed up players before a 30 June 2020 deadline so can continue with their current pay structure ( i.e £7 million ) In Bristols case they can also still have their two £1 million marquee players. There may be however a time limit to this, but that will probaly conincide with a review of the pay structure anyway. It was open for any club to do but obvioulsly most coud'nt afford it.
How this makes sense is beyond me.
By Latecomer
Freypal wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:13 pm
I'd view it as a good thing, at least some questions are being asked that are critical rather than just acting as a media outlet for the club... It puts the view points and questions to a wider audience
Agreed that its good that questions get asked, but I personally long for some more in-depth journalism from our local newspaper (not just Warriors and sport). Unfortunately a 'media outlet for the club' is exactly what it has become.
There are well documented reasons why the quality of content in WN has sunk to the level that it has.
Unless local newspapers come up with a way to fight back against the internet (or fully engage with it) then I think their days are truly numbered.
Freypal liked this
By Latecomer
ROLLO wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:41 pm
No Latecomer it will not.
Exeter, Bristol , Saints and I think Sale signed up players before a 30 June 2020 deadline so can continue with their current pay structure ( i.e £7 million )
Did we not do this to a certain extent Rollo ? I recall a lot of our players signed up before the deadline until the end of 21/22 season.
Appreciate there were several key players that didn't, but i suppose if they were already planning to move to pastures new why would they ?
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]