Pts from Cancelled matches:

Bath: 4
Harlequins: 2
Leicester: 6
London Irish: 4
Newcastle: 8
Northampton: 10
Worcester: 8

Rd 4: Bath v LONDON IRISH, Newcastle v LEICESTER.
Rd 5: Worcester v HARLEQUINS. LONDON IRISH v Northampton.
Rd 6: NORTHAMPTON v Leicester.
Rd 9: Northampton v NEWCASTLE.
Rd 10: Worcester v NEWCASTLE.
By TeflonTed
As I posted on another thread only a little while ago.......half in jest.

We await first sight (of Ashton) with interest, that’s for sure.

I know a cynic or 2 who’d prefer the certainty of 4 pts if Falcons are still isolating though.

Not that I’d agree with such a thought, but we have to catch Saints somehow.
Last edited by TeflonTed on Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FlipFlop
Glaws will be frustrated at not having been linked to a match cancellation- I know we would be if we were 8 points lighter and at the bottom of the Prem, even in the non relegation moment we find ourselves in for now.
By TeflonTed
In the absence of the Falcons game, and in the interests of keeping up with events at the bottom of the table, Bath entertain Glaws tomorrow evening. 19:45 ko.

Always a spicy game, and live on BTS 2.

Better than Coronation St anyway.
patgadd liked this
By BehindThePosts
FlipFlop wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:03 pm
Surely the end of season warble is cancelled due to no relegation?
Oh I don't know. I assume the season will still conclude at some point and even without relegation, it must be a matter of pride to not be bottom at the end?
By TeflonTed
BehindThePosts wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:47 pm
FlipFlop wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:03 pm
Surely the end of season warble is cancelled due to no relegation?
Oh I don't know. I assume the season will still conclude at some point and even without relegation, it must be a matter of pride to not be bottom at the end?
Oh yes. A massive effect on the club to escape only because the executioner has had a day off. and we'd never hear the last of it from various pundits.

And if it's Glaws at the bottom we'd never let them hear the last of it either.
By SixNineOne
Surely it’s more than a matter of pride not to be at the bottom even in a no-relegation season. I suspect that being bottom or thereabouts makes it so much more difficult to attract and retain talent and to motivate the squad for the next season. The coach’s job must be so much easier if the challenge for next season is to qualify for the champions cup rather than to avoid the drop.
BehindThePosts liked this
By TeflonTed
SixNineOne wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:11 pm
Surely it’s more than a matter of pride not to be at the bottom even in a no-relegation season. I suspect that being bottom or thereabouts makes it so much more difficult to attract and retain talent and to motivate the squad for the next season. The coach’s job must be so much easier if the challenge for next season is to qualify for the champions cup rather than to avoid the drop.
100% agree with you.

I’ve no doubt whatsoever that our permanent place in the bottom third of the table is a huge disincentive for some players to even think of coming to 6Ways.
By W4rriorz1980
If we got into the Champions Cup by getting 6th courtesy of getting more points through Covid points allocation how would you feel? We clearly wouldn't be ready imho.

Not likely to happen but you never know.
By FlipFlop
As TT suggests, Bath v Glaws could be fun and potentially on view, recently announced signings for Warriors in Judge and Chudley.
By FlipFlop
Can’t recall some of the rationale as to why yesterday’s ‘result’ could be 0-0 and not 28-0?

As for Glaws, we’ll it’s a real 8 - 10 pointer given league positions. Can’t see us pinching the result to take the points based on both teams recent form. Spicy game for Ash to re-introduce himself to the Prem though.
By TeflonTed
FlipFlop wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:31 pm
Can’t recall some of the rationale as to why yesterday’s ‘result’ could be 0-0 and not 28-0?

As for Glaws, we’ll it’s a real 8 - 10 pointer given league positions. Can’t see us pinching the result to take the points based on both teams recent form. Spicy game for Ash to re-introduce himself to the Prem though.
The PRL/RFU agreement about COVID cancellations was changed after a lot of negative publicity about the 4try 5 pt to 0 scheme.

It’s now 4 pts to those not responsible, 2 pts to the COVID positive test team. But there’s no “blame”, work that one out.

As far as I’m aware we haven’t been told what happens if both teams have to withdraw. I can only guess at 2pts each.
By FlipFlop
I don’t want a blame game, but surely a club with cases causing the game to cancel is to blame and really shouldn’t get points for trying to be good. We’ve benefited by 8 points but I really wouldn’t feel aggrieved if we got nil if we were the club with the cases.

As for the 6N, why should Scotland agree to move the game date to facilitate French. UK clubs have players to begin break before Prem / Pro 14 obligations. France forfeit result or push out a team- they did so for the We don’t give a toss Cup last year. Not sure many would want a move around if Italy had this issue.
By SimonG
If there is genuine blame such as protocols not being followed then PRL can award the points as they see fit otherwise they do not apportion blame to a club who have players unfortunate enough to catch the virus in exactly the same was as millions of people in the world have been unfortunate and blameless in catching the virus.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]