By Abmatt
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56195458

Sale win vs 14 man chiefs.

2nd defeat for chiefs on the bounce.

Another red card issued for contact with the head. I haven’t seen the incident but it think that’s the 6th red in 7 days. I know player welfare is paramount, but is there a possibility this is being over zealously enforced?

Knowing what a few of our players are like they’re going to have to be very careful.
By patgadd
Abmatt wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:33 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56195458

I know player welfare is paramount, but is there a possibility this is being over zealously enforced?
No, there was nothing over-zealous. Although Jack Yeandle has an unblemished record, this type of clearout has to be banned for the safety of players. I don't like criticising refs, who have so much to contend with during the match, but in fact it's always been illegal.
By TeflonTed
This is one of those changes of emphasis in how to police an existing Law as Pat rightly points out.

I have no doubt that there is a deliberate and coordinated campaign with the full agreement of RFU & PRL.

The litigation coming forward from Steve Thompson and others no doubt has it’s part.

But some players are just unthinking in their actions. At one ruck last night when the caterpillar was formed and the 9 was just about to kick there was an opposing player ((unbound) still crashing away at the rear end of his own engaged players. He had his arms up so was legal, but his actions had absolutely zero chance of affecting the outcome, other than using up his own energy reserves and possibly damaging his own brain by continuing to bash against the very substantial arse of his teammate .
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By ROLLO
Lets get back to policing the catapiller or better still ban it altogether.
By patgadd
Nice one, PS. Back to the laws - they clearly state that you must bind on to your own or opposition players when entering a ruck. Clearouts as practised at present are thus mostly illegal; flailing an arm about is not binding on.

Farting

Quins game

From what I remember from Axe's media talk before […]

Was sadly unable to make it, hope all went well :[…]

30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinai[…]