By ROLLO
I thought that looking at our usual injured list it was pretty light. I would think that most prem clubs have similar or worse.
By Warrior7
Looks like we may have gone for a pacey pack to start with and then to grind their set piece later on. Dell isn't a great scrummager so I suppose that makes sense, although we'll see whether Hatherell can compete as a prem 2nd row.

I could be wrong but I think that's our smallest injury list for a long while.
By west brom warrior
Very excited by the new season although I’m not overly optimistic being a Worcester fans it’s hard to be however I think we can get off to a good start with that team.
By TeflonTed
Watch out for the Irish locks. Simmons and Coleman have 139 Wallabies’ caps between them. They’re going to be a pretty stern test of our lineout.

Let’s look on the bright side, Hatherell and Clegg are a match for height……..
By TeflonTed
A very solid win.

JT’s strategy of a strong bench seemed to work well until the last 10 minutes, which were “exciting” in a disturbing way. The last 10 seconds were a farce, I’ve never seen a team lose the ball with 2 seconds to go while running down the clock.

Highlights… Willi and Nanai, and Garvey with Kitch off the bench. Perry Humphreys is always reliable.

Lowlights… lineout struggled (as predicted), and Ollie looked strangely confused at times, running sideways looking for space doesn’t suit his game.

And what’s happened to Paddy Jackson? Couldn’t kick for toffee (not complaining).
By TeflonTed
I don’t think we ever have at prem level. In fact we hadn’t won our first game at all for exactly 10 years.

And for those guessing on various threads, official attendance was 5163
By g2forumsm
TeflonTed wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:58 am
I don’t think we ever have at prem level. In fact we hadn’t won our first game at all for exactly 10 years.

How about first game last season against LI with a 11-10 victory and didn't we beat the tigers the season before in our first game (or does your ten years go to then?)
By west brom warrior
A good win and plenty to build from that performance. Always good to start the season with a confidence boosting victory.
By SixNineOne
I thoroughly enjoyed my trip up to Sixways, even though my team was on the wrong end of the score. As usual there was some great banter - I find it reassuring to sit among fans who are as pessimistic about their team as I am about mine! Although both sides were far from perfect, it was a much better game than either of our encounters last season and I’m hoping that both sets of fans will get to see some improvement this year. Willi Heinz looks like a brilliant acquisition. Apart from his intercept that led to Matt Kvesic’s try he looked really sharp and his kicking was very good. I’m not entirely convinced that he took that free kick from anything like the right place, but all credit to the guy for catching us napping. Owen Williams is also looking pretty assured and his kicking was excellent. As usual, Irish decided that giving away an intercept try would be fun - I suspect that we’ll be league leaders in that department - and I thought we were coughing the ball up much too easily in contact, but that might be a sign that the Worcester players were really up for it, certainly those last ditch tackles that kept Ollie Haskell-Collins and Ben Donnell out just short of the try line showed a fair degree of commitment. I’m looking forward to the rematch at Brentford Community Stadium.
Abmatt, Warrior7, W4rriorz1980 and 1 others liked this
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:50 pm
Perry Humphreys is always reliable.
Agreed, and I rate Perry, but he has developed a strange (occasional) habit of fumbling/spilling the ball when he is making an unchallenged run (happened again yesterday) :thinking:
By BehindThePosts
He seemed to knock it out of his own hand with his knee while running! A bizarre thing to happen.

However, my lads both reminded me that he should've been holding on to it with two hands which might've meant he didn't spill it!
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By TeflonTed
g2forumsm wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:05 am
TeflonTed wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:58 am

How about first game last season against LI with a 11-10 victory and didn't we beat the tigers the season before in our first game (or does your ten years go to then?)
Gary, you are of course quite right. Poor quick scan of stats on my part, must do better!!

(Adam) Faith Wham

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]

Ask the Club

Was sent my tickets electronically today to go[…]

Tom Roebuck

Drawing parallels between current players or teams[…]