By Latecomer
There are numerous issues affecting the off field 'experience' at Sixways at the moment, creating a lot of extremely bad social media reaction.
To list just a few of the issues :-
1. Problems getting through the turnstiles due to ticket readers not reading paper tickets or season tickets.
2. Reported problems contacting ticket office.
3. Huge queues for drinks (with waiting times up to half an hour). Knock on problem of fans late to their seat causing disruption to other peoples viewing of the game.
4. Lack of merchandise in club shop/online (other than last years kit which no-one wants to buy).
I'm sure there are more issues than these noted above, but these seem to be the main grouses from 'supporters'.

I have experienced at least 2 of the above issues myself, have to say i've never had a problem with ticket office (the ladies are great !).
What I don't understand is why the club can't issue a statement to us mere mortals as to the cause of these problems and what they are doing to rectify the issues. We all know the probable reasons for the bar problems (typical in all hospitality I guess) but why dont the owners engage with us ?

Attended the Coaches evening the other night and that was a great success, well done to JT and the coaching side of the club, much appreciated by all who attended. The off field management should take a leaf from JT's book !

*Edited to add Club shop to list.
patgadd liked this
By TeflonTed
Personal Observations.

The offie website is a shambles. No fixture list, no subscribable calendar. No reply to my 3 emails on the subject. What does this say to casual/away supporters looking for basic information?

Card readers at turnstiles wouldn't read my ST, no biggie, a steward just used his house card. He didn't check my ST, which might as well have been my bus pass or library ticket.

Food in scrum club continues to be excellent, chatting to Glaws visitors who were really impressed.

Beer service in fan zone still dodgy, we were there early and queued about 10 mins.Staff are willing and friendly, but clearly not trained bar staff. New automatic machines above East stand work very well, big improvement as long you don't want a cask ale.

Car park working well, ANPR gets you in quickly, and exit after game reasonably swift. Biggest problem is people who can't read simple signs and get in the wrong queue on arrival.Even I can't blame management for that.

All of which pales into insignificance and irrelevance compared to the shambles on the pitch.
Ted
By A38
https://warriors.co.uk/2021/10/05/club- ... -matchday/

We apologise for the queues and frustrations experienced by supporters at the Gloucester match at Sixways on Saturday.

Please be assured that we are aware of the issues involved and are working hard to restore our normal matchday experience for all for the remaining matches at Sixways this season.

Unfortunately, during the various COVID-19 lockdowns, the hospitality industry was particularly hard-hit. There is now a chronic shortage of casual staff across that sector and Warriors are not alone in being affected. We have been asked by other sports clubs in the area if we can help them ease their own staffing issues.

Severe staff shortages are also affecting the food and drink industry, putting strain on the supply chain and leading to shortages of some produce – including CO2 gas – and impacting on our matchday food and beverage menus and other areas of the business.

We are working hard to recruit and train new staff and to rectify other matters raised in our post-match survey.

Thank you for your patience and, once again, apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered this season.

Well, at the very least, the Club has responded to criticisms made. I rather think that on the day itself, if not before, the shortcomings were very apparent and the Club's management were well aware of a situation which is unlikely to be resolved in the very short term. We may have to give them some latitude.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By Latecomer
A38 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:52 pm
https://warriors.co.uk/2021/10/05/club- ... -matchday/

We apologise for the queues and frustrations experienced by supporters at the Gloucester match at Sixways on Saturday.

Please be assured that we are aware of the issues involved and are working hard to restore our normal matchday experience for all for the remaining matches at Sixways this season.

Unfortunately, during the various COVID-19 lockdowns, the hospitality industry was particularly hard-hit. There is now a chronic shortage of casual staff across that sector and Warriors are not alone in being affected. We have been asked by other sports clubs in the area if we can help them ease their own staffing issues.

Severe staff shortages are also affecting the food and drink industry, putting strain on the supply chain and leading to shortages of some produce – including CO2 gas – and impacting on our matchday food and beverage menus and other areas of the business.

We are working hard to recruit and train new staff and to rectify other matters raised in our post-match survey.

Thank you for your patience and, once again, apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered this season.

Well, at the very least, the Club has responded to criticisms made. I rather think that on the day itself, if not before, the shortcomings were very apparent and the Club's management were well aware of a situation which is unlikely to be resolved in the very short term. We may have to give them some latitude.
Well the statement addresses the issue of the bars only, no mention of the ticketing issues, the delay in merchandise in the shop or the turnstile problems.
Seems a hastily put together statement which doesn't address several of the concerns being aired on social media.
If the club is trying to attract lapsed fans and new fans they need to step it up a gear. Not knocking them, just stating a hard truth.
By Groucho
The people in charge need to be visible on matchday, make themselves available to find out exactly what the customer experience is.
Kelly & co need to be on the ground, not in boxes
By SimonG
TeflonTed wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:30 pm
Personal Observations.

The offie website is a shambles. No fixture list, no subscribable calendar. No reply to my 3 emails on the subject. What does this say to casual/away supporters looking for basic information?

Card readers at turnstiles wouldn't read my ST, no biggie, a steward just used his house card. He didn't check my ST, which might as well have been my bus pass or library ticket.

Food in scrum club continues to be excellent, chatting to Glaws visitors who were really impressed.

Beer service in fan zone still dodgy, we were there early and queued about 10 mins.Staff are willing and friendly, but clearly not trained bar staff. New automatic machines above East stand work very well, big improvement as long you don't want a cask ale.

Car park working well, ANPR gets you in quickly, and exit after game reasonably swift. Biggest problem is people who can't read simple signs and get in the wrong queue on arrival.Even I can't blame management for that.

All of which pales into insignificance and irrelevance compared to the shambles on the pitch.
Ted
isn't the fixture list under "Fixtures" or am i missing something?
https://warriors.co.uk/fixtures/first-team/all/current/
By TeflonTed
SimonG wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:54 pm
TeflonTed wrote:
Personal Observations.

Ted
isn't the fixture list under "Fixtures" or am i missing something?
https://warriors.co.uk/fixtures/first-team/all/current/
Indeed it is, now.

Having appeared either overnight or yesterday.

Along with the new season’s subscribable calendar entries, which popped up on my calendar overnight (or maybe yesterday).
By west brom warrior
The long queues seen at bars are happening when we have crowds at less than 60% capacity, imagine the shambles it would be if we got 10k+ in the ground. It’s not very good from the club
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Ted
Think you're being a bit harsh there TT (or is it mischievous :shame: ), ok Gloucester wasn't what we wanted to see but overall we are doing a lot better than last season aren't we ?
We are actually the highest points (88) scorers in the league, although we have conceded the highest number of points (90) along with 3 others. I think we will score a lot of points this season, just need to start minimising how many we concede.
By TeflonTed
Not really mischievous at all.

A friend sent me a screenshot of the stats. page from Premiership rugby, and I commented as follows (spot the obvious edit from my one to one email!):-

Statistics eh! :-
We made more carries
Made more metres
Had the same clean breaks
Beat more defenders
Made more offloads
Lost fewer turnovers
Had more positive outcomes
Won the same number of turnovers
Had the same % of scrum success
Conceded fewer penalties
Had more possession
Had more gainline success.

The only 2 measures where we failed:-
3% less tackle success
3% less collision dominance.

HOW COME WE LOST
THE F****** GAME THEN?

And remember our try that made the score look a little less awful was scored in overtime!!
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:42 am
And remember our try that made the score look a little less awful was scored in overtime!!
What that tells me is that we kept on trying until the very end of the game (ie when the referee blows the final whistle).
The actual stats you quote from show it was a pretty even contest which is typical of the majority of Prem games and shows the margins between winning and losing are very fine indeed.
By TeflonTed
poyntonshark wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:56 am
I reckon there must have been 1 other, quite important, measure where you came second.
Indeed. I thought I’d dealt with that one in my penulitmate remark.
By Latecomer
Going back to the original topic, I notice the club are now taking 'pre-orders' for the white shirt worn against Exeter 'due to popular demand'.
Now I'm not sure if the home shirt is available in the shop yet (4 games in) but should the club be providing an update as to what the issues are with shop supply ?? Are other clubs in the same boat ?
We can take a good guess as to what the reasons might be, but surely an actual explanation is in order (or should that be pre-order :thinking: )
patgadd liked this
By Groucho
COVID is causing issues with kit supplies.
However no club statement on this is concerning.
Not sure ONeills was the best choice for supporters products, I assume the club took the "best value" option
By Latecomer
Groucho wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:35 am
COVID is causing issues with kit supplies.
How so Groucho ? Furlough is finished, isn't everyone back at work :thinking:
Another reason could be down to transport problems and/or raw material supply.
Let's hope it's not because we haven't paid the deposit :shhh:
By Groucho
That's true Latecomer.
Suppose it's now supply chain issues.
However we are all in business & when merchandise is such a money spinner for a team at this level it's disappointing at the lack of planning.
So the fault may not be with ONeills..............

The amateur club has a better product range at present, what does that say about the Warriors?
By TeflonTed
Groucho wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:15 am
That's true Latecomer.
Suppose it's now supply chain issues.
However we are all in business & when merchandise is such a money spinner for a team at this level it's disappointing at the lack of planning.
So the fault may not be with ONeills..............

The amateur club has a better product range at present, what does that say about the Warriors?
That they have no stuff to sell, and if they did it would still have the space egg on it. So it really doesn’t matter at all.

Not only does WRFC have the merchandise, it has the proper logo on it. 😀
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:22 am
That they have no stuff to sell, and if they did it would still have the space egg on it. So it really doesn’t matter at all.
Unfortunately, I suspect it does matter to quite a lot of supporters TT ...........
By Groucho
Latecomer wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:47 am
TeflonTed wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:22 am
Unfortunately, I suspect it does matter to quite a lot of supporters TT ...........
it should matter to the owners - loss of income stream, 2 matches already & Tigers this weekend. not even sure Colin & Jason know where the shop is. :doh:
By Groucho
Looks like the message is getting through, at last the club are having a part-time staff recruitment drive -so well done.
Unfortunately this won't be in time for the Tigers.

So please be kind to the bar staff - they are operating with an unreliable till system & lack supervision.
Thank you
W4rriorz1980, TeflonTed liked this
Asher Opoku-Fordjour

Does make me scratch my head a bit that England ar[…]

Ilex

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/1790084209219[…]

Sarries game

Our game is on TNT1