By A38
From Newcastle:-

Today’s game against Worcester moved to Saturday 27th November

In light of the red weather warning from the Met Office for the safety of our players, spectators and staff the decision has been made to move the game to Saturday 27th November. Kick-off will be at 6.00pm.
By SimonG
Abmatt wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:14 pm
I wonder if bt could fudge their schedule and show it.

It’s not like they’re short of channels.
Not unless PRL let them. At the moment BT are showing the maximum contracted games this weekend.

Mind you they could do us all a favour and show this game instead of the Cheats.
Abmatt liked this
By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:06 pm
Cheats have been on nearly every round.
Haven’t looked back to check that!
But if so, the balance is to be redressed in the next set of rounds 9-17. Which BT have publicised.

In that block of 9 games Sorries appear in rounds 9, 10 and 16.
Full list:-
Quins appear in 8 in a row
Ex 5
Briz 5
Sale 5
Glaws 5
Tigers 5
Bath 4
Sorries 3
Saints 2
Wasps 2
Falcons 2
Irish in 2
Wuss 1

Not so much of Sorries, but where’s the balance re. the lower teams?

Edit…. Nice quiet morning here, have found a list of BT coverage of earlier rounds.
Rounds 1-8 Broadcast appearances:-
Sorries 6
Quins 5
Tigers 5
Ex. 5
Wasps 5
Briz 4
Sale 3
Bath 3
Saints 3
Falcons 2
Glaws 2
Irish 2
Wuss 1

Consistent, if nothing else.
By A38
It's "box office" I'm afraid. BT will know that it will always pick up loyal supporters; it's the uncommitted it's interested in because of the advertisers. The uncommitted will want to see the names they know and they may well be influenced to buy something advertised.

It's exactly the same in soccer where the big names will get the most exposure. There are of course far more soccer games broadcast but the patterns will be the same. Even on Match of the Day, the least box office teams will be at the end of the queue.

It's not fair - but until Worcester regularly gets to Number One on Top of the Pops we're going to have to put up with it and enjoy Premiership Rugby the day after the game. That's show business.
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:24 am
Abmatt wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:06 pm
Cheats have been on nearly every round.
Haven’t looked back to check that!
But if so, the balance is to be redressed in the next set of rounds 9-17. Which BT have publicised.

In that block of 9 games Sorries appear in rounds 9, 10 and 16.
Full list:-
Quins appear in 8 in a row
Ex 5
Briz 5
Sale 5
Glaws 5
Tigers 5
Bath 4
Sorries 3
Saints 2
Wasps 2
Falcons 2
Irish in 2
Wuss 1

Not so much of Sorries, but where’s the balance re. the lower teams?

Edit…. Nice quiet morning here, have found a list of BT coverage of earlier rounds.
Rounds 1-8 Broadcast appearances:-
Sorries 6
Quins 5
Tigers 5
Ex. 5
Wasps 5
Briz 4
Sale 3
Bath 3
Saints 3
Falcons 2
Glaws 2
Irish 2
Wuss 1

Consistent, if nothing else.
Interesting then to see that Barf (who are bottom and have been all season I think) are to be televised 4 times in the next 8 games and were on 3 times in the previous 8, that's 7 times in 16 rounds !
Whereas we will have been on twice in 16 rounds. Case for some sort of discrimination here methinks.
By Abmatt
TT thank you for the research.

I suppose my underlying point is that I feel coverage should be balanced.

In regards to WW if we are home or away we should feature in the same amount of televised fixtures.

But, I suppose as long as we get an equal share of the money who cares? I do for one.
By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:15 pm
TT thank you for the research.

I suppose my underlying point is that I feel coverage should be balanced.

In regards to WW if we are home or away we should feature in the same amount of televised fixtures.

But, I suppose as long as we get an equal share of the money who cares? I do for one.
I’d like to see it more balanced too. But taking A38’s point ( and after 40 years in sales and marketing) of course it’s demand driven. More people will watch games with the top teams involved, and more viewers means higher priced ad slots.

There’s a small silver lining in as much as casual, relatively uncommitted locals, who might turn up at Sixways to see a “top” opposition team with star players, will most likely stay at home if the game is on TV and save the £50 or so it costs to buy a decent ticket, a feed of faggots, and a couple of pints!
By A38
It seems that the people at Newcastle worked hard to get the game played in conditions which sound arctic to this soft south Midlander with a number of players manning the bars etc.

The cold certainly comes through the comments on the Newcastle SN site and I have great respect for our opposite numbers who turned out to see their side play a resurgent (we hope) Worcester. I'm not sure that I wouldn't have stayed at home in those temperatures.

There was the suggestion on SN that the Premiership Rugby TV coverage was limited. with only the one camera. No doubt that was also the result of the weather conditions.
DaveAitch liked this
Never ending word association thread

Bam https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=t[…]

Nic Dolly rumoured to be leaving Tigers Had a r[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]

Ask the Club

Was sent my tickets electronically today to go[…]