By TeflonTed
And Bath…..

Bath Rugby team to play Worcester Warriors

15 Tom de Glanville, 14 Semesa Rokoduguni, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Max Ojomoh, 11 Will Muir, 10 Orlando Bailey, 9 Ollie Fox; 1 Lewis Boyce, 2 Tom Doughty, 3 Will Stuart, 4 Josh McNally, 5 Charlie Ewels ©, 6 Tom Ellis, 7 Ewan Richards, 8 Josh Bayliss

Replacements

16 Jacques du Toit, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 D’Arcy Rae, 19 Will Spencer, 20 Mike Williams, 21 Joe Simpson, 22 Max Clark, 23 Ruaridh McConnochie
By TeflonTed
Nor me.

And it seems Will Muir is selected despite his current ban until Mon 10th.

Unless I’ve missed a recent update he failed his appeal for a foul play ban, as per this from the Bath offie :-
The Appeal Committee was not satisfied on the balance of probability that the decision appealed against was wrong, or that the original Disciplinary Committee had fallen into error, and the appeal was therefore refused.

Muir will remain suspended and is free to play on Monday 10 January 2022.

I’ve asked the question on the Bath SN forum.
By A38
A pivotal game for both clubs in that Bath will be looking for a first win and Worcester will be hoping to maintain that element of momentum which has haltingly built up over recent games. That momentum isn't yet totally convincing, although there are certainly signs of progress, but there will be hopes for the first away win for some time.

Bath will know Worcester as perennial bottom feeders and therefore an obvious game to target to break their duck whilst Worcester will be well aware of Bath's record this season. Both club's backroom analysts will have been hard at work all week, I'm sure, trying to outthink their opposite numbers with a view to getting what is an important win for either side.

And who said that having no relegation would provide no interest?
By Fuzzy Dunlop
Shocked to see we're 19-14 up at half time considering we seem to lose the plot anytime we have to play for 10 minutes with a man down, never mind 38.
By Abmatt
A great shift to play 78 mins with 14 men. Could have won it. Not too sure what happened with the red as I was late to the party.

But, yet again lines fluffed.
By SixNineOne
It’s a real shame you guys couldn't get over the line, but 78 minutes with 14 men is a pretty heroic effort. I didn’t see Sutherland’s red card, but IIRC that’s his second in 12 months, which must be a bit worrying!
By poyntonshark
Nothing malicious by Sutherland, but an upright tackle resulting in head to head contact with force. Maxwell House and TMO spent a long time looking for mitigation, but there was none. Red card the right decision.
By west brom warrior
No issues with the red card from what I’ve seen, not malicious but contact with the head, it happens. Sadly I have no idea what JTs issue with the law is, it’s been that was for sometime now.

A great shift for the next 78 mins from the players, didn’t quite sneak over the line but plenty to take from that performance.
By Macwarrior
Just back from the game and very disappointed.

The red seemed very harsh from where I was sitting and that was the general opinion even from the Bath supporters, I will reserve final judgement until I’ve seen the replay but it did start things off on a bit of a downer!. Ditto the second try, looked like a knock on to me but again I will have a look at the highlights.

I thought we defended very well and it must have been difficult for Shilly and Duhan to cover the back field for most of the game when Perry had to make way for Sutherland’s replacement. A couple of storming runs from Duhan and 2 one on one try saving tackles from Shilly worthy of note.

Lost the ball too often in good attacking positions which is nothing new , a try in the second half would have finished Bath off I am sure.

Disappointed ,but probably our best ever effort at The Rec and could easily have been 5 points with a different bounce of the ball.....

Well done to the players who put in a proper shift today.
Abmatt liked this
By A38
Both Smith and Simpson are in The Times' team of the week. Some, limited, consolation.
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:21 pm
Nor me.

And it seems Will Muir is selected despite his current ban until Mon 10th.

Unless I’ve missed a recent update he failed his appeal for a foul play ban, as per this from the Bath offie :-
The Appeal Committee was not satisfied on the balance of probability that the decision appealed against was wrong, or that the original Disciplinary Committee had fallen into error, and the appeal was therefore refused.

Muir will remain suspended and is free to play on Monday 10 January 2022.

I’ve asked the question on the Bath SN forum.
It seems you were spot on Ted.
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... ut-6465428
And Stuart Hooper is laying the blame firmly at the door of EPRC !!
I can't believe that Bath weren't aware there was a discrepancy in clear to play date and surely should have clarified with EPRC.
By TeflonTed
Just watched the game on the premiershiprugby.com TV full match replay.

What to say? Shilly had a very mixed one, some good stuff and a disastrous miss of touch from a penalty which was a game turning moment. DvDM as usual superb going forward, too often arms flapping nearly-tackles in defence. Good shift from pretty much everyone else. Least said about Sutherland the better, not intentional or malicious, just plain clumsy. We should expect better from a Lion.
Joe Simpson turned that game around, he may be past his best but still a classy act.

Onwards and upwards.

Dishes

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry[…]

Quins game

It looks like our injury woes are viewed as an opp[…]

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]