By A38
Tomorrow: Wales vs Argentina and Ireland vs New Zealand

Sunday: England vs Fiji and France vs South Africa

Are all four games too close to call? I think so.

The imbalance of the draw is clear to see with only two of Ireland, NZ, France and S Africa getting into the semi finals with the other four teams rather "lightweight" by comparison.

But that is what it is.

And of course there is Premiership rugby with Bristol and Leicester playing tonight. There are very familiar names in the two squads:- Noah Heward and Joe Batley for Bristol and Kyle Hatherell and Jamie Shillcock on the bench for Leicester where they are joined by Mike Williams.

And it's on TNT (formerly BT) this evening.

I imagine that we will see more familiar names once the remaining teams are announced with maybe Seb Atkinson, Gareth Simpson, Fin Smith and Ted Hill amongst them.

I know. What might have been. But it wasn't to be. So let's watch as neutrals and enjoy the rugby - albeit only on television.
By poyntonshark
Lots of complaints about the lopsided draw, but when it was done the top 4 were

SA
NZ
ENG
Wales

Possible argument that the draw was done too early, but as Warren said in a piece earlier this week, those complaining should have done better at the last World Cup to avoid the situation.
By A38
The Times 9 pundits this morning went 7:2 for Wales and Ireland wins.

But I don't think that we should be too critical of them as both games might well have gone differently; the Ireland / NZ game in particular.

Tomorrow's games? Who knows. If the pundits are wrong again it will mean an all Southern Hemisphere semi final line up.
By SimonG
TeflonTed wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:35 pm
TeflonTed wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:39 pm
SimonG wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:56 am
Wales, Ireland England & S Africa for me.
I’m with Simon except for the Saffers. I think France will do it.
Hi, Simon, nice edit😀😀😀
Guilty as charged! But no need to edit further unfortunately.
By TeflonTed
And another weekend to come.

Regarding which, and since the QF’s were as close as all the pundits predicted, what next?

Well, as far as the semi’s might go surely the balance of opinion will foresee England v The Argies as the Bronze Final.
By A38
The Times reports that many French people are returning their semi final tickets. Hardly surprising I suppose. So quite a few (expensive) tickets are now available.
Never ending word association thread

Keith

Falcons

Not on TNT??? I think it's PRTV only

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]