By Abmatt
8-3 at ht.

Very scrappy from both sides.

However I think our defence has been very good. Other than the try in the first 2 mins they don’t look like breaching it.

A few wayward miss passes and the line out looks a bit shaky.

Hopefully the 2nd half will be better.
By Abmatt
Just not looking with it this half.

We’ve been terrible under the high ball, don’t think one has been caught all game.
By Abmatt
Pest fans in front of me though they may get a hiding today. How wrong!

We were woeful in the 2nd half and didn’t look interested.

With what was nearly a full strength side, bar 2/3 absentees this was a poor performance.

I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come or it could be a long season.
By TeflonTed
Being out socially all day I’ve had to play catch up .

And I’ve had to look up the score.

Oh dear. 39-6
By W4rriorz1980
A bit worrying as it was a strong team we put out.

We never win away v Wasps anyway.Well,not for a long time.

Going by the commentary & the WN text updates it was the classic 'architects of our own downfall.'

Soft tries aplenty but i'm confident we'll put it right on saturday v Tiggers!
By FlipFlop
Both games where we appeared to put out established teams, seemed well off the pace (Bath and Wasps). Sadly, i didn't really buy Solly's summary of why the game ran away from Warriors. It all sounded a bit lame IMO, which is not what i've expected from Solly.

Only, and it's a big ONLY, we have learned from this set of 4 games who our combo's are for Tigers and we drill the team in practice within an inch of its life to provide a more solid foundation for the Tigers game, will i be more accepting on what was a poor performance against Wasps
W4rriorz1980, Abmatt liked this
By TVM
I think we have learned that the 'second string' are in fact playing rather better than the 'first choice XV'

An ugly, ugly result
By TeflonTed
It’s the usual nervy introduction to the start of the premiership season isn’t it.

At his recent ST holders’ evening Solly was very positive about the squad and our prospects for the coming season.

Away form was mentioned, and there’s no doubt it’s a concern. Reading the Tigers’ forum they are equally nervous.

The Jury’s out, not so long now until Saturday.
By SimonG
To be fair it would be an enormous concern if a coach wasn't very positive about his squad and prospects wouldn't it?

It's why I seldom bother listening to players and coaches talking about upcoming matches.
By TVM
Quite! I mean what else are they going to say?
By FlipFlop
Did I expect Solly to rip the side to shreads following this game- No. But to infer it was close but for a couple of ‘moments’ sounded like post match PR practice rather than a reflection of the match and using some of his Legal training skills imo.

Most games are sorted by good and bad ‘moments’ by teams or Sir. The team didn’t function, defence seemed poor based on the score, handling lead to fumbles and attack misfired. Yes that summary may not make a good read for players, coaches or us but I guess I don’t want a bit ‘mugged off’ in these situations. Maybe that’s more my problem than others.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By Abmatt
It was a game of two halves.

The first was very tight. Our defence was rock solid but final execution prevented us scoring more and DW’s kicking was off point.

The second was a shambles, gaps in the defensive line let them exploit leading to opportunistic tries. Plus we were poor under the high ball. But they were equally as bad. The score flattered them.

As I said I just hope this isn’t the sign of things to come.

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Never ending word association thread

Bam https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=t[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]

Ask the Club

Was sent my tickets electronically today to go[…]