16 Joe Taufete’e
17 Callum Black
18 Conor Carey
19 Michael Fatialofa
20 GJ Van Velze
21 Jono Kitto
22 Ollie Lawrence
23 Perry Humphreys

Not considered for selection due to injury | Will Butler, Alex Hearle, Francois Hougaard, Marco Mama, Ryan Mills, Caleb Montgomery, Matt Moulds, Farai Mudariki, Chris Pennell, Nick Schonert & Duncan Weir.

Harlequins team
1 Santiago Garcia Botta, 2 Elia Elia, 3 Will Collier, 4 Glen Young, 5 Tevita Cavubati, 6 James Chisholm, 7 Will Evans, 8 Alex Dombrandt, 9 Martin Landajo, 10 Marcus Smith, 11 Gabriel Ibitoye, 12 Francis Saili, 13 James Lang, 14 Cadan Murley, 15 Ross Chisholm
Replacmenets
16 Scott Baldwin, 17 Nick Auterac, 18 Simon Kerrod, 19 Dino Lamb, 20 Tom Lawday, 21 Niall Saunders, 22 Michele Campagnaro, 23 Vereniki Goneva

With six "starters" injured...
By Pumpy30
Quins have a lot more injuries than we do. Think we should really be targeting our first away win of the season
By A38
I imagine that he will play next week against Enisei and Castre the week after.

Performance in those games might persuade AS to select him for the Sale game but given Humphries performance against Exeter I wouldn't expect it.
By TeflonTed
That back division lineup is about as good as it gets. (Apart from the absence of Mills)

Thought Heaney did very well v Ex, and Jamie needs to be getting regular starts if he’s to add experience to his undoubted talent.

Is it heresy to even hint at a suggestion of a glimmer of a thought that both FH and CP are losing their edge?
Massive talents as they both are, time is surely ticking...........
By Warrior7
Agree with SH Ted - a lot of good attacking play last week came off Heaney. Superb service compared to FH and better kicking (bar one kick) too. He isn't the same as FH in defence but it depends what you consider more important for a scrum half.
The most important out of all the players injured last week is Sam Lewis, so very happy to see him in the team as long as he is properly fit.

Interesting to see Fidow in there - I assume Humphries is on the bench to make sure he is not injured in case any of the back 3 are having a poor game. Also I would be hesitant to make a judgement on Fidow when none of us have seen him play for Worcester yet. Completely different kettle of fish to the organisation, coaching and current national team strength of Samoa. Good to see Shilly get a game - if our back 3 get space then I'm excited to see what they can do.

We have a good chance of winning although it's hard to be optimistic considering our away performances. Quins are missing a lot of players (Robshaw, Care, Marler, Sinckler, Brown, Tapuai, Clifford etc).
By FlipFlop
Irony that Van Breda goes short term to Southern Kings just as CP gets injured.

Bit early to call a day on FH and CP. I would say their ability to singlehandedly pull the team up when it’s labouring has lessened.

A couple of Warriors against us. The lack of big names for Quins doesn’t encourage me towards a surprise victory due to ‘ travel sickness’ that has blighted us, except at Welford Road :mrgreen:
By patgadd
At least tonight's result at the AJ Bell has done us a favour; with Sale and Wasps just above us, a win to either side with no bonus points was the best possible result. We have that final stupid kick in the face to thank for Wasps' failure to get the LBP.
By Freypal
Shilly was excellent at 15 in the Prem Cup and added some real attacking threat. Combine that with Lance at 10 and the two new wings, it's an exciting backline.

Glad Sam Lewis is fit, good back row again. Not surprising to see Fatialofa dropped to the bench this week...
By Underdog
Agreed with others that Howe should be getting a game. He's hamstrung by being a pure winger though as Humphreys can cover full back.

Ideally, I'd have started Howe, brought Fidow on from the bench and rested Humphreys to keep the competition sharp out wide.

Pleased that we can put out such a competitive looking team despite some big players bang injured. I'm really hoping it goes well as we could do with a few players really pushing the usual starting team. It'd be great if Lance and Shillcock play well.
By Ms. Citlalli Kiehn DDS
Well done you Warriors. Great result and a just reward for a huge effort.
By TeflonTed
For once I’m looking forward to PremRugbyTV whenever they bother to load up the full match replay.

It will be better fun than watching Saracens’ 2nd XV upset the shed.
By Abmatt
Again we ground out a result which is good to see.

What was it? 65 mins with no points against us. With bath winning we needed that. Currently 6th in the league😁
By TeflonTed
ps.....I understand it was Jamie who got the crucial try....now, what was I saying about Jamie.........
By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:54 pm
Again we ground out a result which is good to see.

What was it? 65 mins with no points against us. With bath winning we needed that. Currently 6th in the league😁
Sorry...7th, Ex are above us in 6th!, same league points, same no. of wins, better points diff.

ps...and Briz could go top if they beat Ex at Sandy Park tomorrow, (with a try bp), sounds unlikely I know....but we won down there didn’t we!
Last edited by TeflonTed on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FlipFlop
Good result, despite Quins weakened team.

A good win no matter how it was gained and glad for those who travelled to see a rare away victory.

Well done all in, and linked to, Warriors today.
By Ms. Citlalli Kiehn DDS
What a difference having a couple of reliable kickers makes.
By Macwarrior
Bloody great, well done boys. This is the sort of game that will make all the difference come the end of the season. I do feel a change in the old order may be upon us....
By TeflonTed
FlipFlop wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm

A good win no matter how it was gained and glad for those who travelled to see a rare away victory.

From my reading of the team sheets, and from a couple of Hairy Queens posts, we were pretty much as short of first picks as were they.

The Queens board is pretty fair, not even blaming Sir.
By FlipFlop
TeflonTed wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:07 am
FlipFlop wrote:

From my reading of the team sheets, and from a couple of Hairy Queens posts, we were pretty much as short of first picks as were they.

Care, Robshaw, Brown, Sinckler off the top of my head even if we suggest Schonert, FH, Pennell and Mills in the same breath. A lot of Prem nous missing for them, let alone International ability.

As for no complaints- Gustard not happy with officiating.
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -warriors/

Personally, i’d take duller, boring wins over gutsy fancy Dan defeats all season long for Warriors to develop our status in Prem
By g2forumsm
Strange how Gustard doesn’t like losing to us. He threw his toys out of the prom last year when they lost to us
By usa warrior
OverTheBorder wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:08 pm
For those at the game today......

How did Lance play and steer the team?
He was very good. Tackled above his size, passed well, and made all but one of his kicks in really tough conditions.

Absolutely blessed with 10's atm!!
OverTheBorder liked this
By TeflonTed
FlipFlop wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:00 am
TeflonTed wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:07 am
FlipFlop wrote:

Care, Robshaw, Brown, Sinckler off the top of my head even if we suggest Schonert, FH, Pennell and Mills in the same breath. A lot of Prem nous missing for them, let alone International ability.

As for no complaints- Gustard not happy with officiating.
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -warriors/

Personally, i’d take duller, boring wins over gutsy fancy Dan defeats all season long for Warriors to develop our status in Prem
Indeed!

I hadn’t read Gustard (obviously since my bit was written last evening,) and this morning I was too busy being outraged by TRP’s attitude towards poor old Sarries to get to the match reports.

Ooh he is miffed isn’t he, even calls us “a pretty streetwise team who get away with a bit”, is that some sort of compliment?

He needs to read their forum, not much criticism of Sir or Wuss, just mainly realistic comments from supporters who recognise when their team, although clearly weakened, had a bad day at the office.
By Underdog
Good win for the team - well done all. This season looks very competitive again, and so to get an ugly away win early on can only help our team look up the table.

We shall file Gustard's comments in my big old filing cabinet labelled 'angry comments from losing team'. As always, we've got a few entries in there too.
By The Ledbury one
Maybe Mr Gustard’s comments are an admission of management failure within the club by a “small provincial club” (my words not his) being more streetwise that a big city outfit like Quins. :yes:

Rhoades https://mediaproxy.salon.com/width/1200/[…]

Quins game

From what I remember from Axe's media talk before […]

Was sadly unable to make it, hope all went well :[…]

30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinai[…]