By A38
Big write up on Ted in today's Times linking him with the next England World Cup team. Jack Wills and Ollie Thorley are also featured.

So, if he wasn't already there, (and I expect he was) his name will be on every D of R's shopping list.

Accordingly he might well be a regular for England in four year's time but will he still be playing for Worcester?
By SimonG
A38 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 am
Big write up on Ted in today's Times linking him with the next England World Cup team. Jack Wills and Ollie Thorley are also featured.

So, if he wasn't already there, (and I expect he was) his name will be on every D of R's shopping list.

Accordingly he might well be a regular for England in four year's time but will he still be playing for Worcester?
At least he shouldn't be playing for Saracens!
By Latecomer
I recall Ted only signed a one year contract for this season, AS said his stock will have gone up by the time its up for renewal, suggesting it will be more lucrative for him next time around.
Not quite sure I buy into the logic, but I personally think Ted will stay loyal to us for a while longer yet, just seems that sort of guy to me.
I suppose a lot may depend on whether he gets any England opportunities between now and the end of the season.
By W4rriorz1980
SimonG wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 am
A38 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 am

At least he shouldn't be playing for Saracens!
Sarries can't afford him.... :lol
By FlipFlop
If Warriors kick on this year ,it may encourage him to stick. Giving him some Captaincy oops may also help him see a path at Sixways instead of elsewhere.
By usa warrior
This whole debacle may play in our favour as teams won't be able to overspend to bring in players like Ted and we actually may not see as much player transfer between teams. This season reflected that a little.

The point was made to me that Ted has a "very shrewd agent". That was made not necessarily as a criticism, just a fact. FWIW I do expect him to stay loyal to the club, but have an improved deal.
By Underdog
Apparently the clubs will have some sway over how many tests their England internationals will play this season in return for letting England take them to the world cup. Not sure where I read that but it seemed reliable. Depending on how their appeal goes, Saracens may decide that several of their players would be better used helping them stay up/get into Europe than in Jones's training camps. The other clubs may make similar decisions. Or injury might force the same issue if my information is wrong.

Consequently, Jones may find that he's got to pick a Six Nations side from a more inexperienced pool. Since Hill is young but looks every inch a top player already, it seems fair to suggest he might make that squad. Even if he doesn't, England are back to Japan next summer for two tests. That seems like a good opportunity for Jones to take young players on a tour and see what they're made of - similar to the last Argentina tour.

So I'd say that Ted has some good opportunities for further England caps this year. It's always hard to predict how Jones will select, but he's consistent on keeping his proven performers in the squad, and also consistently shows no real bias in terms of the teams that he builds his squad from. So Ted could do very well with England while here.
By A38
I have stolen this from AJWarriors' post in the other place.

This is who I have as being out of contract this year...

Schonert
Mudariki
Waller
Black
Bowzer
Taufete’e
Annett
Fatialofa
Bresler
Hill
Mama
Montgomery
Williams
Cox
Du Preez
Venter
Lance
Kitto
Heaney
Baldwin
Beck
Howe
Hammond
Van Breda

That's quite a list, a list which I am sure is prominent in AS's mind.

The announcement of one or two re-signings before Christmas would be an encouraging present to supporters.

But I suppose much will depend on the budget - and the prospects for some form of ring-fencing.
By usa warrior
I believe that Heaney, van Breda and Kitto are multi-year.

The rest is accurate. We are essentially without an entire front row, bar Carey, Moulds and Palframan.
By Abmatt
Agree with A38 that ringfencing in whatever form will have an impact on resignings. Also where we are in the league by Christmas. Relegation dogfight makes things hard, sitting mid-table with a couple of others in the drop dogfight instead of us may make signings easier. (But it can all change in the 2nd half of the season as we well know.)
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By west brom warrior
Quite a list out of contract at the end of the season, I suspect we will may see half move on. Hopefully we can keep the following:

Hill, Schonert, Du Preez, Venter, Heaney, Annett, Waller, Beck, Black, Lance, Mama, Cox

The others I hope we can improve on from either the academy graduates or from outside recruitment. The second row retention/ recruitment maybe interesting this year as I hope to see Kitch Jr and Clegg kick on this year.
By ROLLO
I would suggest that Bresler is a keeper as well. Not sure about Coxy but think that Montgomery will be worth holding on to.
By west brom warrior
ROLLO wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 pm
I would suggest that Bresler is a keeper as well. Not sure about Coxy but think that Montgomery will be worth holding on to.
Yes Bresler should be in the list as well, next season he will be 32 so probably only a 1 year deal and hopefully Clegg and Kitch jr can kick on and become our starters with Kitch snr and Bresler as the back ups.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]