By jimKRFC
1) Can we just be Bristol? Or do we have to be Bristol Bears? I ask as I know that the "Bears" tag will put off some of the regular posters on the old Sportsnetwork site.

2) Is possible to get the drop menu to jump between boards? It was the best feature of the Sportsnetwork site as it made jumping between then quick and easy? Perhaps have the club badges as buttons to jump to the board...
By Alex
Thanks for signing up @jimKRFC

1) I've changed it to just Bristol now

2) When you're on a forum page if you scroll to the bottom there's a button called options and if you click that then it opens a box where you can jump to other places in the forum.

Hope this helps!
By Tiggs
Just finding my way around and wondered how to become a moderator / administer for a clubs board ?
Seems that Tigers is not yet set up ?
By Peter D
Hi Alex,

Thanks for this site. However, I find that signing indoes not work well with Firefox (on Ubuntu 19.04). Username and password are clearly recognised (if I enter them wrongly it tells me) and accepted but I remain logged out. Is this a problem with the site or with Firefox? (I see somebody was having a similar problem with Internet Explorer - really? People are still using that?) It works fine on Chromium and other Chrome based browsers.

P
By Major Bloodnok
FYI, if you type "@" and a person's username, they get a notification that someone mentioned them. They're more likely to notice than just relying on them spotting it whilst reading.

E.g. if I type @Peter D, you should get a notification about this post. (Note that, as soon as you type the "@", you get an autocompletion box to make things easier.)
By Alex
Peter D wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:53 am
Hi Alex,

Thanks for this site. However, I find that signing indoes not work well with Firefox (on Ubuntu 19.04). Username and password are clearly recognised (if I enter them wrongly it tells me) and accepted but I remain logged out. Is this a problem with the site or with Firefox? (I see somebody was having a similar problem with Internet Explorer - really? People are still using that?) It works fine on Chromium and other Chrome based browsers.

P
Try clearing your cookies and cache as it might be an issue there, if that doesn't work I'll have a delve deeper into it
Peter D liked this
By Rinkadink
Can you reduce the amount of ads per page, 3 is excessive for mobile (and desktop) browsing. SN has one per page and can usually be hidden. Mid-thread is the worst offender. Is this site for-profit?

Is there an admin for the Bristol section?

Have you been in regular contact with SJ on Bris SN site?
By Alex
Well if you're on mobile you'll probably only see the one after the first post unless you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page which is pretty unlikely in my opinion. If they're really that much of an issue I'd just use adblock like most other people as that solves it for you. Any advertising money we make is being used to fund the prize for the prediction league and advertising to boost the sites popularity.

No there's no mod/admin yet and no I've not yet been in contact with SJ as there didn't seem to be much interest on your section of the site.
By Ms. Citlalli Kiehn DDS
Hi Alex,

Great job so far and really good to have someone who is approachable and responsive.

Now I've got the flattery out the way I've one quick ask. With my fat fingers I've inadvertently managed to pop up the details of the poster rather than the thread when attempting to tap the thread topic link. Would it be possible to move them away from each other?

Cheers
Si...

Apple iPad & iPhone
By Alex
Cheers for joining! Unfortunately that would be too much work, here's a small flavour of what the code looks like for the site
Code: Select all
</div>
	<div class="panel-inner">
	<table class="footable table table-striped table-primary table-hover">
	<thead>
		<tr>
			<th data-class="expand">{L_TITLE}</th>
			<th class="large110" data-hide="phone">{L_TOPICS_POSTS_STATISTICS}</th>
			<th class="large21" data-hide="phone">{L_LAST_POST}</th>
		</tr>
	</thead>		
	<tbody>
It would simply take too much time to change something that wouldn't make a huge difference plus I'd end up breaking the forum in the process :lol
By jimKRFC
Rinkadink wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:32 am
Can we be Bristol Bears as it's actually our club's name?
ha ha.. I only just asked to have the Bears removed as I know it's a source of niggle for some of the other sportsnetwork posters that would be good to have here!

Good for him, if he finds some fitness internation[…]

Never ending word association thread

Bam https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=t[…]

Tigers caught again

How many times? Before……. Sorry i[…]

Ask the Club

Was sent my tickets electronically today to go[…]