View From The 22 site news and a place for you to tell us your views and suggestions.
By Alex
Now that the Premiership fixtures have been released, I've been working on getting a Prediction League running on the site.

I'm going to be doing a Premiership wide one with the aim of having a prize for the winners which will probably be two tickets to the final.

Here's a sneak peek of what it will look like, keep your eyes peeled for more information coming soon!

By Flumpty
Alex
I fancy the idea of taking part in the prediction league - as a complete newbie, how does it work ?
By Alex
All the Premiership fixtures will be entered into the system then each week (or you can do them whenever in advance) you plug in what you think the scores will be for each game.

You'll get points for getting the result right and then also the exact score (if you're really good!)

The person with the most points at the end of the year is the winner
By Flumpty
Alex wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:06 pm
All the Premiership fixtures will be entered into the system then each week (or you can do them whenever in advance) you plug in what you think the scores will be for each game.

You'll get points for getting the result right and then also the exact score (if you're really good!)

The person with the most points at the end of the year is the winner
Sounds good to me - will it be open to all teams on View From the 22, or just Sale people ?
By Alex
It'll be open forum wide and I'll be promoting it on social media with the hope of getting 100+ people involved
By Flumpty
Alex wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm
It'll be open forum wide and I'll be promoting it on social media with the hope of getting 100+ people involved
Be sure to tell the Falcons - a few seemed really keen on the idea of a prediction league
By Alex

Plugged in the first couple of weeks fixtures and it seems to be working ok, once I've solved the bridging issues we'll launch it
By Flumpty
Alex

How about this for an idea (please bear in mind that I don't understand how the software works).
When you enter the Prediction League, are you identified by your login name and by your team ?
If so, could you have 2 leader boards ? One showing the lndividuals and another showing the most accurate teams supporters i.e Falcons 1st, Tigers 2nd, Sharks 3rd, Bath 4th etc etc.

As long as the points scores are generated by the software and doesn't involve any extra work for admin, it would add a touch of extra interest in the process as well as additional interaction between the clubs supporters on VFT22.
By Monkey1
A PL that covers the full Championship every week is too much for me. I have to be honest, I struggle to keep up with what the Falcons are doing, and I will never have the time or resources to try to keep tabs on all 12 Championship teams, then sit & work out how they will fare against each other. I am sure that would be hugely entertaining for somebody retired with absolutely nothing else to do, but for me it just isn't going to work.
By Alex
Monkey1 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 pm
A PL that covers the full Championship every week is too much for me. I have to be honest, I struggle to keep up with what the Falcons are doing, and I will never have the time or resources to try to keep tabs on all 12 Championship teams, then sit & work out how they will fare against each other. I am sure that would be hugely entertaining for somebody retired with absolutely nothing else to do, but for me it just isn't going to work.
My thinking was to do a premiership one for the 12 teams in there but I can do one just for Newcastle in the championship which will be more suited to you guys I think
By rubyrhone
One specially for Falcons would be great. :clap:
The whole premiership is a bit hard to cope with unless you live and breathe rugby to the exclusion almost everything else.
By AdminBTCov
I haven't (yet) promoted this forum on the Cov SN board, and probably won't until it's a bit nearer pre-season.
However, if there's one thing that'll stop Cov posters moving over, it'll be the lack of an SN-type prediction league (ie, not a league-wide one).
The previous admin guy set up an independent forum as he was fed up with the usual SN crap, but it bombed badly as people wanted the pred league, and just stayed put.
Fix that, and you may stand a chance.
By bartyMJ
@Alex have you seen/considered the Superbru prediction league if running your own ends up as extra hard work? Could set up a VFT22 pool and potentially get some free advertising for the forum by doing so as it could be seen by the whole community on there.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]