I'm loving this World Cup. For the first time, I'm able to watch every game and so far its been a real rugby treat. Beforehand, I couldn't see how it would work in a "non-rugby" country like Japan, but so far its gone really, really well. Fingers crossed it'll go to the USA one time and I'll be a VERY happy bunny.

For Thurs 26th, I'm going for
Italy 31 Canada 15
England 50 USA 9

I'll hold off the Argentina vs Tonga game until nearer Saturdays KO
Last edited by Flumpty on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumpty wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:07 pm
I'm loving this World Cup. For the first time, I'm able to watch every game and so far its been a real rugby treat. Beforehand, I couldn't see how it would work in a "non-rugby" country like Japan, but so far its gone really, really well. Fingers crossed it'll go to the USA one time and I'll be a VERY happy bunny.

Italy 31 Canada 15
England 50 USA

Is that England 50 USA .........??

Hedging your bets there !!

Italy 32 Canada 18
England 46 USA 14
TeflonTed wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:54 pm
Flumpty wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Italy 31 Canada 15
England 50 USA

Is that England 50 USA .........??

Hedging your bets there !!

Italy 32 Canada 18
England 46 USA 14
as they say in Scooby Doo "if it wasn't for you meddling kids............" :mrgreen:
England 50 USA 9

Flumpty Jnr predicts
Italy 22 Canada 13
England 46 USA 11
FT Italy 48 Canada 7 =55

Teflon Ted with 50 and Narbia guessed 60. So both are within 5 points.

However, Narbia was closest to the "Home" teams score, so th"EggCup is yours again.

With 13 mins to go, the Eng vs USA game is wide open for Egg Cup participants.
My eccentric friend who lives in a small village about 10km in the hills behind Marmaris always finishes his messages with “Çok yaşa” I do believe it’s polite.

Argies 32 20 Tonga
Japan 12 30 Ireland
Saffers 30 18 Nam
FT Jpn 19 Ire 12 = 31

TT went for Jpn 12 Ire 30=42
F Jnr went for Jpn 9 Ire 33 = 42

Teflon Ted was closest to the "Home" score so the EggCup goes to TeflonTed again.

What a stunner of a game. The Bogtrotters will be gutted :mrgreen:
FT SA 57 Nam 3 =60

That was a close one in the EggCup Challenge (excepet for me that was a mile off !).

patgadd reclaims the most valuable trophy in World sport by being only 2 ponts off.

Time to pitch in for Snoozy Sunday

Georgia 28 Uraguay 20
Aus 21 Wales 12
FT score Aus 25 Wales 29 = 54

The EggCup is sent along its merry way to ................................Poyntonshark who was 9 points off the final score. If you know any Aussies, be sure to share the good news with them, they'll surely appreciate that sharing is caring. :hug:
Only one game on Mon 30th Sept and its Sco vs Sam with a 11.15KO

In recognition of a recent Scottish customer of mine who lives in England, works in England and who's family was born in England and who told me "I'm a proud Scotsman and I'll always support whover is playing the Clucking English"

I'll go for Sco 23 Sam 36

Come on Samoa :caffine: :caffine: :caffine: :caffine:
By Narbia
poyntonshark wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:16 am
9 points, is that the worst winner so far?
I think so. I was 10 out myself.

I'm expecting a couple of cards to be shown in this SCOvSAM match, and have upped the scores accordingly.
Be Interesting to see TJ Ioane and Filo Paulo - currently, and formerly of this parish.
Narbia wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:51 am
poyntonshark wrote:

I'm expecting a couple of cards to be shown in this SCOvSAM match, and have upped the scores accordingly.
Be Interesting to see TJ Ioane and Filo Paulo - currently, and formerly of this parish.
I always enjoy watching Teeee Jaaaaayyy play :mrgreen:
well done to the Log Chuckers. That was a score that none of us got close to
FT Sco 34 Sam 0 = 34

With a prediction that was only 2 off the mark, the EggCup goes to Oldgreyseadog.

With no games on Tuesday OGSD keeps the Eggcup for 2 days -- i'm confident that BBC, ITV, Sky News et al will be contacting him for indepth interviews.
Last edited by Flumpty on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narbia wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:51 am
poyntonshark wrote:

Well I think Narbia should be given an extra egg spoon or something for his card prediction.

Here at Wuss we are now watching our new winger Ed Liability-Fidow with great interest. Not only can he not work out that diving into the side of a ruck from an off side position with Sir and assistant Sir within 2 metres is likely to cause offence, he couldn’t restrain himself from sliding knees first into a player already grounded when he’s already had one yellow card.

Typical Islander.
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:09 pm
Well I think Narbia should be given an extra egg spoon or something for his card prediction.

Here at Wuss we are now watching our new winger Ed Liability-Fidow with great interest. Not only can he not work out that diving into the side of a ruck from an off side position with Sir and assistant Sir within 2 metres is likely to cause offence, he couldn’t restrain himself from sliding knees first into a player already grounded when he’s already had one yellow card.

Typical Islander.
Samoa are a much better team than today's ill-disciplined performance alluded to. The last Game SCO v SAM at BT-M Edinburgh, Scotland just pipped them like 43-38.

LI have had some great Manu Samoa players through the years. I think Mr Fidow will be a fine player once he has the required discipline of the GP instilled into him.

:rockon:

Anyway back on-topic....

France 34 v USA 19
NZ 46 v Canada 12
Quote Narbia. “LI have had some great Manu Samoa players through the years. I think Mr Fidow will be a fine player once he has the required discipline of the GP instilled into him.”

We have a ST holder’s meeting with Alan Solomons coming up next Tuesday evening. They’re always fairly frank and open, and I’m pretty sure Solly will be asked to comment on Ed F. Well, to be honest I’m more than pretty sure, because I’ll ask him.

France 34 - 11 USA
ABs 46 - 9 Canuks
I'm not sure that many of the "Islanders" ever quite lose that indiscipline. The big hit is clearly an important element of their Rugby culture, everybody expects every "Islander" to put in big hits, that expectation leads to some of the attempted big hits being misguided. The raw recruit can certainly be tempered down but part of the experience of having an "Islander" in your team is that thought in the back of the mind that his next tackle could be cardable.
That can, of course, also be true of players without the Pacific Islands heritage.

Brain farts like Fidows second card can happen to anyone.
Full time Score Fra 33 USA 9

The EggCup moves to TeflonTed, which is a huge relief to me. If the conversion had been missed, the EggCup would have gone to my son and I would never have heard the last of it :bored:
poyntonshark wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:58 pm
Woo hoo Boiled agg and soldiers for breakfast in the morning.

For a while there I thought this one was heading for Flumpty Junior.

Georgia 30 v 15 Fiji
Ireland 35 v 9 Russia
me as well --- then I though that I'd predicted 55 - 8 and I was singing my victory song whilst driving up the M6 :yikes:
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]