By Alex
Much better first half from England, handling seems to be nearly there minus that drop from Joe right on half time
By poyntonshark
Given the poor decision to ban Hodge, Piers Francis probably in for a citing and ban after the first tackle of the game. Perfectly good tackle for me, but whilst the majority of the force was against the American's shoulder, he did also make contact with his chin. Shame as I think Francis had probably his best game yet for England.

What about Ellis Genge stepping down the line like a prima ballerina.
By Flumpty
poyntonshark wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 pm
Given the poor decision to ban Hodge, Piers Francis probably in for a citing and ban after the first tackle of the game. Perfectly good tackle for me, but whilst the majority of the force was against the American's shoulder, he did also make contact with his chin. Shame as I think Francis had probably his best game yet for England.

What about Ellis Genge stepping down the line like a prima ballerina.
& possibly perfectly fine for others as well - but the laws of the game have changed, as well as how the laws are interpreted by match day officials and independant rugby judiciary. If Hodge had made an attempt to tackle lower, he'd still be participating in the WC.
As for Francis, see how it pans out. if he's banned, accept it, learn from it and move on.

Adge Mack had a good game in an outclassed USA team today.
By Lord Elpus
Re player safety - one of the USA players appeared to be pregnant - does WR consider it's safe to play in this condition?
By patgadd
Tend to agree, m'lud, although unless I'm thinking of a different person, the chap you're on about was a South African born player who is highly thought of, at least by the commentators. Still looked preggers, though.
30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinaire[…]

Quins game

They won't rest anyone. It will be a full strength[…]

cancellation

Heaton Moor 2nds 80 Trafford MV 3rds 19 Bigger n[…]