By TeflonTed
It’s not a question of justification, more a matter of record as the numbers mount:-

Australia....Hodge banned for the 3 remaining pool matches.

England....Francis hearing due maybe today, could be out for anything up to 6 games.

Samoa....both. Lee-lo and Motu Matu’u cited, hearing dates not yet confirmed.

USA...Quill, hearing today.

Have I missed any?
By poyntonshark
Lee-Lo has been banned for 3 games
Quill has now also been banned for 3 games
Matu'u decision has had judgement reserved for no longer than 24 hours
By poyntonshark
Matu'u now got......wait for it...........big surprise................3 game ban.
By Lord Elpus
Francis cleared - yellow card should have been given.
By TeflonTed
The officials are trying very hard aren’t they. M. Poite spent a long time exposing his various “near-card” decisions, and was clearly being advised from the TMO’s office.

Did anyone else catch the almost throw-away comment by Nick Mullins (or was it Flats?) that the TMO had got 2 spotters looking at instant replays and advising him to ask Sir to stop and review incidents?

The Josh Adams high tackle penalty was such an incident, play had gone way beyond and Poite seemed surprised to be asked to have a look.
By poyntonshark
Bundee Aki world cup is over (pending appeal) he has a 3 match ban following his red card at the weekend.

Whilst I am fully behind what World Rugby is trying to achieve, I think this one is harsh. Given the current guidelines then the red card was the right decision, but I think that red sufficient punishment for this incident. It was almost a case of the carrier running into Aki's arm rather than Aki making the tackle.
By TeflonTed
It’s difficult to see how particular judgements are arrived at. We can only trust (or distrust) the panel as we see appropriate.

Mind you, in the case of Aki, they’ve sort of wasted 2 games by banning him from 3. He, and the whole Irish contingent, have only 1 game to go anyway.

ps...I do realise the other 2 games will have to be served in whichever team or competition he’s next available for selection in, it was almost like an attempt at humour.
Never ending word association thread

Seven https://youtu.be/0e4Odk-v3oU?si=7nsF0jSeZinF[…]

Falcons

Not sure the citing comission can get involved - y[…]

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]