By poyntonshark
Guess who is reffing the world cup final. go on, guess.

Nigel? The most composed ref of the tournament, the communicator, one of the most respected in the world. Nope.

Ben O'Keefe? Young Kiwi, sensible, composed, straightforward. OK he's from New Zealand so doesn't really know what a forward pass is, but he is consistent. Nope

Angus Gardner? No1 Australian Ref? Nope.

We didn't even get Romain Poite.

No, we got Mr Fecking Bean himself, direct from the home for the bewildered. Described by Aussie pundits at various times throughout this tournament as:-

"A bit all over the place"
"I make that 4 different decisions for the same offence in the last 10 minutes"
"20 minutes in and I think the only person more confused than me is Mr Garces"

I'd rather have Jaco Peyper in charge. Christ, I'd rather World Rugby recalled Jonathan Kaplan!!!

Just for clarity, this is not a case of getting excuses in early. I expect South Africa to be just as frustrated by Garces as England. I have no issue with his impartiality, just his competence.
Whilst I agree with the point that there are far better choices, I did at least appreciate Garces pulling Wales up for forward passes not once but twice!

Normally they seem immune to this being picked up so was pleased about that during the semi.
By eBike
Garces !

A ref that needed to be told not to stand between a 9 and 10 ! "Enigmatic" to say the least.

I would have gone for (based on recent performance) Owens to ref, Gardner or O'Keefe and Poite as assistants.

As for forward passes, Oh Please ! Forward is the new flat. Scrum puts ? Lineout throws ? :lol I suppose as with all "laws" they are subject to interpretation. :doh:

Oh well, it is what it is. Let's hope he's "invisible" and the game's a cracker.
Falcons

Not sure the citing comission can get involved - y[…]

Heaton Moor 2nds 54 Congleton 2nds 17. KO 12 n[…]

Decent enough program. Wish more clubs would do it[…]

Tom Curry OMG

I just hope he takes his time and is patient. Jus[…]