By Van Cannonball

Think the last one is the clear winner really. Personally I think that Rohan’s away to LI was better than the one against Quins, and Luke’s try against Quins could have featured.

Any other good ones people can think of? Marland’s first against Leicester?
By Olyy
Was Luke's try the one that came from a lineout?
Remember thinking that was one of the best tries we'd scored in a while
By iBozz
Although this thread is looking at individual tries, I think the most exciting I have ever seen since professionalism were when we scored three converted tries in the final five minutes at EP, thus changing the result.

I can never remember who our opponents were on that day (Bath? Leeds?) so perhaps someone can refresh may aged and failing memory?

Before professionalism, some of Paul Turner's tries took some beating. :dance:
P51b liked this
By Surbiton_Shark
iBozz wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:22 am
Although this thread is looking at individual tries, I think the most exciting I have ever seen since professionalism were when we scored three converted tries in the final five minutes at EP, thus changing the result.

I can never remember who our opponents were on that day (Bath? Leeds?) so perhaps someone can refresh may aged and failing memory?

Vaguely remember that - I'm thinking Leics or Northants.....possible the latter
By Yareet
iBozz wrote:

It was Leeds in (I believe) the Prem-winning year.

If memory serves, Leeds were languishing towards/at the bottom of the table and we were flying high. Nevertheless we went into the last 10 minutes of the game with Leeds something like 2 tries to 1 up.

Cue us scoring 3 in the last 10 to get a BP win and condemn Leeds to no league points. Super sub Chris Mayor may have got the last try.

Unless the result has been embellished in my remembering.
By Yareet
Yareet wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:00 pm
iBozz wrote:

It was Leeds in (I believe) the Prem-winning year.

If memory serves, Leeds were languishing towards/at the bottom of the table and we were flying high. Nevertheless we went into the last 10 minutes of the game with Leeds something like 2 tries to 1 up.

Cue us scoring 3 in the last 10 to get a BP win and condemn Leeds to no league points. Super sub Chris Mayor may have got the last try.

Unless the result has been embellished in my remembering.
Seems I remembered it as less exciting than it actually was!

https://rd.premiershiprugby.com/mobile/ ... s/1229.php
By Major Bloodnok
I'm fairly sure it actually happened twice that season, against Leeds and Bath. My (fading) memory is that the Bath one was the tighter (in that the tries were scored closer together and nearer the end of the match). That was before the stadium clock showed playing time, so it would get to 0:00 and we'd have no idea how long there was still to play.
By Lord Elpus
The Bath game at EP that 2005/6 season was a stuffing 38-10. The away game on Jan 2 was a memorable win with Sheridan & co shoving the Bath pack off their own ball. Belly tried to drop it but Ted picked him up and carries on driving them back.

The game you're thinking of Major was a year later, 13 April 2007 , and finished 25 - 23.

Robbo scored the last try on his last appearance - sadly he misssed the conversion.

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/report ... by/#report
By Clutch
No. He’s thinking of Bath. That may have been the result but we were struggling. Mayor scored a key try off the bench.
Mayor turned the game against Leeds as well I recall. Think Todd scored and Wiggy.
By Yareet
Clutch wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:41 pm
No. He’s thinking of Bath. That may have been the result but we were struggling. Mayor scored a key try off the bench.
Mayor turned the game against Leeds as well I recall. Think Todd scored and Wiggy.

<cough>
Yareet wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:05 pm

Seems I remembered it as less exciting than it actually was!

https://rd.premiershiprugby.com/mobile/ ... s/1229.php
By Flumpty
ale shark wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm
Here's the video - includes the conversion attempt. It's not in HD!

Is Wayne Barnes wearing cartoon bank robber shirt ?
By Van Cannonball
Yeah Mayor ripped Leeds to shreds! Such an exciting player in attack.

Possibly the most entertaining 10 mins of rugby I can remember watching.

I always reckon that the best 40 mins of attacking rugby we’ve played was the Parker pen semi final v Gloucester played at Northampton, from about 20-60 mins we were unplayable, or possibly from 20-40? Long time ago.

If anyone can link some video from that game it’d be amazing.
By ageinghoody
ale shark wrote:

Is my aged memory playing tricks on me or didn't that try also relieve us of the last mathematical risk of relegation?
By Surbiton_Shark
ageinghoody wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:42 pm
ale shark wrote:

Is my aged memory playing tricks on me or didn't that try also relieve us of the last mathematical risk of relegation?
I think you're correct - talk about a horrible season. Champions to avoiding relegation.....

The last game of the season was Quins away - as we were safe we duly put out literally a team of kids and rested all the big players and got absolutely stuffed - it was quite embarrasing being sat there with my mates in our Sale shirts. We drunk a lot of beer that day (lovely day from memory weather wise)
By Shireshark
Some great memories there, but one try that stands out above all others (imho) was a try scored at the Mad Stad v London Irish in a 36-32 win (2001/02 Season). Started from a defensive scrum going backwards on our 5 metre line on the left wing and finished 130 yards away on the right wing by Cueto. I've searched forlornly for any footage of this game on You Tube. It was on T.V. so should be out there somewhere.
By ageinghoody
Surbiton_Shark wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:43 pm

I think you're correct - talk about a horrible season. Champions to avoiding relegation.....
Well it started pretty well as I recall!

OK we lost the opening game away to eventual champions Leicester, but then won something like five of the next six.

And then within one week Charlie, Big Ted and Jason White all broken for the season while playing in the Autumn Internationals. Didn't we end up so short at one stage that we played a European match with injured players on the bench?
By Van Cannonball
Shireshark wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:58 pm
Some great memories there, but one try that stands out above all others (imho) was a try scored at the Mad Stad v London Irish in a 36-32 win (2001/02 Season). Started from a defensive scrum going backwards on our 5 metre line on the left wing and finished 130 yards away on the right wing by Cueto. I've searched forlornly for any footage of this game on You Tube. It was on T.V. so should be out there somewhere.
Yes, I remember that one! Started off by Brush?
By Surbiton_Shark
ageinghoody wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:57 pm
Surbiton_Shark wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Well it started pretty well as I recall!

OK we lost the opening game away to eventual champions Leicester, but then won something like five of the next six.

And then within one week Charlie, Big Ted and Jason White all broken for the season while playing in the Autumn Internationals. Didn't we end up so short at one stage that we played a European match with injured players on the bench?
I was at the Twickenham game when Charlie got injured - we lost a lot of big names that season.
By Shireshark
Van Cannonball wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:29 pm
Shireshark wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:58 pm
Yes, I remember that one! Started off by Brush?
It certainly did Van Cannonball.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]