I had a conversation with a pal who is a Waterloo member.
Their Average crowds are in the region of 150, a big crowd (for the visit of Quins with their 6 international players) was about 300. I presume the women Sharks will play at Heywood Road.
By iBozz
At the risk of inadvertently bringing down the combined wrath of SFC upon my head yet again, may I ask a genuine question as I can't find the answer?

This is partly because many smaller websites aren't being updated during furlough (that's an observation, not a criticism, before Exocets are launched towards the iBozz Estate) but mainly through my legendarily poor searching skills.

Are Sale Sharks Women the same as, devolved from or entirely separate from the hugely successful Sale 1861 Women's Team, a partial collaboration (if memory serves) between SFC and SS? They wear both Club badges on their shirts and wear one sock representing each Club.

Why haven't I emailed SFC to ask? Well, for those who may not be aware of the conditions of furloughed staff, I repeat the conditions from a national organisation for whom I volunteer which clearly states that furloughed staff can not do any work for their employer whatsoever - the italics there and in the quote are mine. I haven't been able to ask them for permission to post their advice (see italics) so I have removed the name of the organisation ...
Those on furlough leave have been issued very clear instruction to not do any work during their furlough period. Any work whatsoever risks compromising [our] ability to claim the 80% pay for the whole organisation. This includes responding to emails. So let us all support our furloughed colleagues by not asking them to do any work or asking them work related questions.
By iBozz
Then that seems a bit odd, we'll have two local teams competing for players from pretty much the same pool of players.

Competition is absolutely fine, of course, and I'm all for Women's Rugby expanding as much as possible but it seems a shame that the successful Sale 1861 cannot be supported to go further.

But, as usual, I'm probably missing the bleeding obvious.
By MikeGC
On a different forum discussing this news item a poster has said
"Sharks have sold the vision of playing at the AJB. Sale 1861 women are continuing to exist and so will play at Heywood rd. "

He’s a Waterloo supporter and generally has his finger on the pulse
By SaleFC
As Ibozz has said, those running our social media and website have been furloughed so there is a lack of updates at the moment. So just to clarify a few things.
Sale 1861 were set up by Sale FC with support from Michelle Orange and Sale Sharks. They are however nothing to do with Sale Sharks Women's team. Some of the women from Sale 1861 will want to try out for Sale Sharks Women's team and that's brilliant if they can get there. Obviously there's a massive increase in standards of competition between NC1 and Premier 15's.
Sale FC will continue to run Sale 1861 as part of our long term strategy. The DoR is Andy Hughes our First Team Captain, the board have spent a few years getting us to this point and will still support the development of the team who've been a huge boost to our club this season. Not just from increasing interest in the club but also the sheer volume of alcohol they and their supporters drink :-)
When Sale 1861 have played at Heywood Road they've had between 100 and 250 people watching (these are not currently paid ticket games, that is some way off). However the atmosphere/size of crowd is similar to when Sale FC First Team were playing in Cheshire leagues and National 3.
We will also continue to work closely with Sale Sharks and Michelle Orange
iBozz, Flumpty and 1 others liked this
iBozz wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:15 am
Then that seems a bit odd, we'll have two local teams competing for players from pretty much the same pool of players.

Competition is absolutely fine, of course, and I'm all for Women's Rugby expanding as much as possible but it seems a shame that the successful Sale 1861 cannot be supported to go further.

But, as usual, I'm probably missing the bleeding obvious.
Naturally, any player is free to register for another Club, but I don't know how many (if any) of the 1861 players are of the quality/ability to play top level rugby.
Are what was previously Sale Sharks now called Sale Sharks Men? It’s all very confusing. I don’t understand why these teams can’t establish their own identity whilst being part of a bigger organisation. The Jets works fine for example.
ale shark wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:42 pm
Are what was previously Sale Sharks now called Sale Sharks Men? It’s all very confusing. I don’t understand why these teams can’t establish their own identity whilst being part of a bigger organisation. The Jets works fine for example.
It's the same in soccer with the Women's Super League, eg. Manchester United Women Football Club and Manchester City Women's Football Club
ale shark wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:42 pm
Jets are a second/development/a league team. This is nothing of the sort. It is a Sale Sharks Women's team, not sure how that is confusing?
By Bod
The second 3 year phase of Womens Prem rugby is about to initiate with quite a few "changes", not least the welcome inclusion of Sale, albeit a tad sad to see Waterloo leave, and Richmond as well.
Main changes - No Premiership sponsors

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... er-15s-rfu

No great loss to be fair, but RFU need to extract a finger or two and get on board a real investor in Womens rugby because Tyrrells didn't bring much

https://youtu.be/ZZi1jUsq68s

Next, there is no Development or 2s League running now, so a lot of development players will need to be loaned to local clubs and monitored

Total Prem max squad reduced accordingly from 80 (IIRC) to 40

Prem clubs will continue to run Centres of Excellence for identified 17/18 year olds who might be products of their local County Rugby (CB) programmes.
RFU should allocate £10,000/year for this - there is no fixed structure on how this is run, typically based from a recognised Sports college of some such ( for Gloucs for example its Hartpury College) The major frustration for all involved, both clubs and attendees so far has been no competition between the CoEs to help measure progress and give an objective for the young players to aim for. Even a 7s tournament has not been authorised. Very strange for many to comprehend.

Sale might well benefit from local elite RL womens structures if they're bright to develop skills sets outside of RFU strictures??

Total Prem Team budget to be (in theory) £60,000/year although this will only be enforced from 2021/22

All in all the Management team at Sale will have lots of balls to juggle without the necessary resources, so best of luck. I'm sure you'll do fine

Make sure you encourage, and look after as many volunteers as possible, they're worth their weight in gold, and don't cost much.

:joy:
ageinghoody and 1 others liked this
Bod wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Make sure you encourage, and look after as many volunteers as possible, they're worth their weight in gold, and don't cost much.

:joy:
That is so, so true - rather than piling them up with so much sh*te that they evntually say sod it, and walk away.
iBozz, ageinghoody liked this
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]