By TeflonTed
I remain convinced that this season will never be completed, why PRL can’t reach the same conclusion mystifies me.
We’ll be very lucky to see a new season start in Sept in front of full stands, and if that does happen I’ll regard it as a result, and be happy enough.

Even if that clown Marler starts.
By poyntonshark
I actually think it right and proper that whilst there is a chance, however slim, to complete the season, that they have a plan in place to be able to do so. Safety, of course, has to be the overriding concern, but if this season doesn't end it could prove catastrophic for some clubs. The article mentions the possibility of some sort of formula to allocate an average of points for some games and restart the season from a later round. Although they seem to manage this kind of thing in cricket, even in flagship tournaments, it sounds wholly unsatisfactory to me. Again though, if it comes down to maintaining the existence of all of the clubs then it may be preferable over just canceling the season.

All that said I concede that it looks less and less likely that this season can be completed safely.
By FlipFlop
Given that top and bottom of Prem are done, it will probably and begrudgingly be ended on the date player contracts run to, by PRL. Thus allowing players and coaches like May, Mills, Ackerman, Duncan et al to move on without further consequence.
The clubs will just have to suck up placing as they are and there impact on Euro Comps next season with current year Euro Comps probably cancelled too.
Commercially some chat to be done with TV no doubt, but come back in November after RFU makes £100mill lesson no Autumn Internationals and drop a domestic or solely run it for Academy squads only.
By SimonG
TeflonTed wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 pm
I remain convinced that this season will never be completed, why PRL can’t reach the same conclusion mystifies me.
We’ll be very lucky to see a new season start in Sept in front of full stands, and if that does happen I’ll regard it as a result, and be happy enough.

I don't think there is any mystery Ted. There are three reasons - money, money and money.

There is arguably a fourth reason as well - money!
By Abmatt
SimonG wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:20 am
TeflonTed wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 pm

I don't think there is any mystery Ted. There are three reasons - money, money and money.

There is arguably a fourth reason as well - money!
A-greed.
Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

I just listened to the presser. I could be wrong, […]

Covid Repayments

Quite a few million in a decent savings account wo[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Blame-casting - love it!

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]